Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.04.26, 12:36 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Favorites:
Xenogears (PS1)
Fallout 2 (PC)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PC)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Disgaea (PS2)
Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic (PC)
Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain (PC)
Soul Calibur III (PS2)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC)

Games I'm in the middle of right now:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
Almost all the way through and can't figure out how to finish it

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)
Maybe a third or half the way through. I'm not stuck, but I really ought to finish some other games I started on first.

Rule of Rose (PS2)
Maybe halfway through

Final Fantasy X (PS2)
I've spent too much time in Blitzball and the Monster Arena and haven't actually beaten it. I could probably clear the final dungeon in five minutes if I wanted to, but the characters annoy the hell out of me whenever storyline ensues.

Supreme Commander (PC)
Haven't had a lot of time for this game. I've gone most of the way through the Cybran campaign and I'm loving them game-mechanically and philosophically

Hitman Contracts (PC)
I've been rarely touching this game but do intend to beat it. It's just not as epic as Silent Assassin was. I figure by the time I finally get around to finishing this, Blood Money will be cheap.

Xenosaga Episode I (PS2)
I lost my saved game for a COMPLETED game, and had to start over. I'd really like to move on to Episode's II and III (which I've owned all this time and haven't even opened yet), but I hate this fucking game. Great music, but retarded characters, and mediocre gameplay. Almost a complete disappointment compared to Xenogears.

Disgaea 2 (PS2)
I have a ninja in the thousands of levels and still no felonies - I haven't bothered to go past Chapter ONE yet!
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 12:43 PM   #12
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
And I actually liked Okami more than Twilight Princess o.O

And what is DDR?
Dance Dance Revolution. Which i was pretty good at at one point.

As for Okami, yeah I hear alot of jaded game nerds say Okami was better. It maaybe had better art style,and it might just be because you know what you're getting with Zelda whereas Okami was different. Okami was a good game, I don't quite think its superior to TP (even if TP isn't the strongest, or maybe even the weakest, of the 3d Zeldas).
Old 2007.04.26, 12:55 PM   #13
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Dance Dance Revolution. Which i was pretty good at at one point.
Oh right, I always forget about that acronym. The only music games I ever played were Amplitude and Donkey Konga(4 pals and 4 bongos = one hell of a party!)
I loved them both

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 12:58 PM   #14
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)

Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Xenosaga Episode I (PS2)
I honestly think the SMT series is the best console RPG series ever created. It's easily my favorite game world and the battle system is great. I prefer Digital Devil Saga and Persona over the most recent Devil Summoner as far as the spin-off games are concerned.

Final Fantasy X is the most underrated game in the series. I loved the setting, the characters (Wakka, ya!?) and the battle system. I really don't see how people can use the "cinematic movie" thing as a negative. I mean, everybody loves FFVI and it had just as many story breaks as X. FFXII is the real borefest of the series.

I hate Xenosaga.

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Oh right, I always forget about that acronym. The only music games I ever played were Amplitude and Donkey Konga(4 pals and 4 bongos = one hell of a party!)
I loved them both
I highly recommend the Guitar Hero games. Two pals and two guitars is equally as awesome as Konga.
Old 2007.04.26, 01:01 PM   #15
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Final Fantasy X is the most underrated game in the series. I loved the setting, the characters (Wakka, ya!?) and the battle system. I really don't see how people can use the "cinematic movie" thing as a negative. I mean, everybody loves FFVI and it had just as many story breaks as X. FFXII is the real borefest of the series.
Oh Maou,

(espescially the Wakka thing, wtf >=P )

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I hate Xenosaga.
Well, I guess I cant stay mad at you...
Old 2007.04.26, 01:04 PM   #16
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

No vote for FFVI and Chrono Trigger???? Come on!

And throw in a vote for super puzzle fighter Turbo!
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.26, 01:17 PM   #17
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ There are at least two mentions of FFVI and Chrono Trigger.

Anyway, what's wrong with FFX, Jihad? Do you actually prefer the set-a-Gambit and let the game play itself system that is FFXII? Of course, I'm not saying X is the best (VI and IV for me), but it's still not nearly as bad as the world makes it out to be.
Old 2007.04.26, 01:42 PM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

After X and XI, and with how XIII looks to be shaping up, I am not at all compelled to plunk down cash on XII. Im sure I will one day, cuz I'm just a completionist (hence XI.) I personally give my FF love to IX.
Old 2007.04.26, 01:50 PM   #19
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I have a Wii but I haven't took it out of it's box in about a month. I love the system, but it has a serious lack of games coming out and absolutely no amazing exclusives currently out. Almost every new game announcement is a cheap PS2 or even PSP port with tacked on motion controls which just makes the console look like a gimmick - something which I know it isn't. I know a lot of owners that are losing serious interest.
Originally Posted by Maou
I highly recommend the Guitar Hero games. Two pals and two guitars is equally as awesome as Konga.
Guitar Hero III - Wii !
http://wii.ign.com/articles/783/783421p1.html
Old 2007.04.26, 02:08 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'll give you Super Paper Mario, but it ain't out in England yet. The rest are good, but not amazing (Zelda isn't exclusive). Wii Sports has the most longevity, and it was free. The rest of the ports/mini game games/good games I'm now done with and sick of. The most underrated Wii game I have is Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. Serious fun with 4 players, and the courses are huge when you take into account all of the shortcuts and numerous ways down the track. Still... I completed it in 3 days, and the multiplayer lasted me no more than a fortnight.

If I had it [The Wii] set up, I'd probably still have the odd game of Wii Tennis or Bowling or Wario Ware with my housemates... but they're not worth the hassle of setting up the console for a brief play. They seriously need some online gaming soon. The Virtual Console is of no interest to me. I'd rather just play on my 360 til some more decent Wii games come along. Looking at a vague release schedule, I might be waiting a while.

As for Final Fantasy, I agree with Maou about Final Fantasy X being highly underrated. I might even say it is my third favourite after VII and VI.

As for Guitar Hero 3, I'm looking forward to it but they've pretty much admitted that they're just releasing pretty much annual disks of songs a la Singstar, with little to no innovation involved (Though the Wii may add some kind of motion control...). I don't understand why they don't just stick with downloadable content which would work (And is working) fine for the 360 and the PS3. Obviously the Wii doesn't have enough space for disks worth of songs, but it should have it's own unique game anyway with the controller, not another standard port.

Rock Band is where it's at. The original creators of Guitar Hero, Harmonix, have left the Guitar Hero project (Being replaced with Neversoft - the Tony Hawks creators, of all people) to have creative freedom over their new game Rock Band which is pretty much Guitar Hero but with a whole band. Yes, that means you can have your friends over playing drums, guitar, bass and singing. And the current Guitars will work so you'll only have to shell out for the drums and Mic's and even then, you can just use it as a Guitar game, upgrading at your own pace.

Edit: Just checked your link Tokyo Jihad. The Wii Guitar Hero 3 looks nice... but I'm much more looking forward to a Wii Rock Band (Thought it was 360/PS3 exclusive) simply for some Wii Remote drumming love!

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.04.26 at 02:13 PM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote