Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2018.05.17, 11:33 AM   #561
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

We're wiser tho!
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.05.18, 12:04 AM   #562
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
I used to play a lot of Tekken when I was a child, I still love the franchise
Ooh, I love Tekken. Back in the day I used to cheese the game with Eddy Gordo but I main Kazuya now. I don't play the series as much as Soul Calibur but it holds a special place in my heart too. I've been meaning to pick up Tekken 7, especially since it's gone down in price since launch.

Who was your Tekken main?

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) View Post
I love fighting (old) games, but haven't played them for a good decade due to lack of interest from any of the folk I do know. Tekken 3, VF4, Soul Calibur (OG) and Street Fighter 2 were my jams.
Soul Calibur! That series is my fave! The original and SCII are probably still the best gameplay-wise, but damn if I don't love the character customizer from SCIII onwards. SCV, for all of its flaws, is still my favorite character creator in a game.

Last thing I tried was Street Fighter x Tekken on 360 which I found to be horrible.
New Soul Calibur soon so I may have a look at that. My hands are arthritic these days though so it'll probably impact how effective I am nowadays.
SF x Tekken was AWFUL. I hated the look of the game and the way the Tekken characters played was terrible. It was a huge and lazy mistake for Capcom to use the SFIV engine to run it because seeing the Tekken characters in that visual style was.... not good. Not to mention releasing 12 DLC characters at launch that were already on disc. Ugh.

SCVI looks to be a ton of fun and I think it'll be up your alley because it's a definite throwback to the lore and visual style of the original Soul Calibur. SCV was a HUGE departure and pissed off a lot of fans so a reboot was definitely in order. If you get it, it'd be fun to play each other online. Hopefully your hands won't impair you too much :/
Old 2018.05.18, 07:24 AM   #563
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
Ling Xiao-yu
I would only press the red circle button at the right time and kick my opponents in their face, till they were left with no HP
My only problems were King, because he could grab me by my kicking leg
and obviously: Heihachi

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.05.18, 11:46 AM   #564
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post

All of them. I ain't even playing with that statement either. I was a Tekken fiend when I was young. I'd sit for hours in the practice mode learning everything as it was just so much fun. Personal favorites were probably Hwoarang, Kazuya and Yoshimitsu!

VF4 Evo was a lot different for me where I only ever felt comfortable with Vanessa, Kage and Aoi of whom I all took to 'High King' in the ranked modes!

Soul Calibur was similar to Tekken where I was adept with most of the roster. Seong Mi-na was my go-to for that alongside Cervantes.
They were such good times! I hope the new Soul Calibur brings it back!

I tried Persona Arena when it came out, but there's something about those frantic-paced 2D beat-em ups that just stupefy me such is the complexity of their fighting systems. BlazBlue, Guilty Gear etc. I can't do them. Special Mention to Psychic Force 2020, Evil Zone and Tech Romancer! Let's not forget Rival Schools and Tobal while we're here + Toshinden!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) : 2018.05.18 at 11:49 AM.
Old 2018.05.18, 01:15 PM   #565
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I wish I had a PS1 to get good with all of the characters, and also to learn the basics of other fighting games
I've always played Tekken 3 in arcade places, and as my mother only used to give me 10 R$ for the whole month (this would be 2,50 US$ nowadays)
and each coin to play at the arcade machines was 1 R$, I had to make my coins count

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Old 2018.05.20, 11:57 AM   #566
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

All of them. I ain't even playing with that statement either. I was a Tekken fiend when I was young. I'd sit for hours in the practice mode learning everything as it was just so much fun. Personal favorites were probably Hwoarang, Kazuya and Yoshimitsu!
Hell yeah, Hwoarang! I played him a lot in the Tekken 3 days. I haven't really used him lately. Did Namco change a lot of the character movesets like SNK did or are Tekken characters more like the SF ones where if you know them in Tekken 3 they'll play the same in Tekken 5?

VF4 Evo was a lot different for me where I only ever felt comfortable with Vanessa, Kage and Aoi of whom I all took to 'High King' in the ranked modes!
VF is a total blind spot for me. A lot of people tell me that technically it's the best fighter ever made because it's so precise with its controls and Sega focused so much on how the game PLAYED versus extra modes and all that stuff. It never grabbed me the way Tekken and SC did, but that's probably because its visuals were really simple and not as stylish as those two.

Soul Calibur was similar to Tekken where I was adept with most of the roster. Seong Mi-na was my go-to for that alongside Cervantes. They were such good times! I hope the new Soul Calibur brings it back!
Hell yeah, Seong Mi-na! And Cervantes was boss too. I got really good with Siegfried, Xianghua, and Raphael SCIII onwards and they're still my go-tos to this day. But back in Soul Edge & Soul Calibur days? It was Taki and Seung Mina all day erry day.

I tried Persona Arena when it came out, but there's something about those frantic-paced 2D beat-em ups that just stupefy me such is the complexity of their fighting systems. BlazBlue, Guilty Gear etc. I can't do them. Special Mention to Psychic Force 2020, Evil Zone and Tech Romancer! Let's not forget Rival Schools and Tobal while we're here + Toshinden!
I have a special love for those kinds of games because they're so breakneck. They really force you to adapt and try different setups or else you'll get trounced. Although Tekken's the same way. Ever seen someone get juggled for days in high level play? I've seen Tekken matches at high level where the first person hit is basically dead because they get combo'd to hell.

I NEVER played Psychic Force, Evil Zone, or Tech Romancer. I seriously need to go back and check them out.

Also, Lena, you should totally try to pick up a PS1 if you get the chance! I don't think they're too expensive now.
Old 2018.05.20, 06:45 PM   #567
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Lena just needs ANY PlayStation to play ps1 games right
Old 2018.05.20, 10:20 PM   #568
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

3 might be a bit iffy depending on model and they are all YLOD timebombs, but any 1/2 model is good to go. Modded PS1 is best as CD-R = FREE GAMEZ!
Old 2018.05.21, 01:42 AM   #569
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Back in Brazil, in the apartment I was living for 6 years, we had a PS2... but it never worked with any Tekken cd ;o;
after months trying in 2011 and again in 2012 I gave up, and bought a wii to play smash bros and mario galaxy
Isn't there a PS1 emulator yet? I'll only have tv for the next 2 months... then I'll move to a better apartment that comes with no tv, the only screen I'll have will be my laptop

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Old 2018.05.21, 10:15 AM   #570
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Pick up a Raspberry Pi 3 B or B+, a USB game controller, and a 64 GB MicroSD card. Add an HDMI cable and a monitor of some kind with HDMI input. Download Coinjunkie via torrent and copy the image to the card, insert into the Pi, and turn it on. Presto, you have an emulator for all sorts of classic systems including PS1. You should be able to do it for < $100 USD.