Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.31, 07:09 PM   #1
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community
Default Spa & Treatment DVD

The Ringohan monthly newsletter just came in, and this time they're announcing a DVD release for Spa & Treatment!
On the DVD will also be included 2 performances from Countdown Japan (Noudouteki and Toumei Ningen), as well as some behind the scene stuff from the recoding of Sports.
From what I understand, this DVD will be available on preorder on the Ringohan website... but I don't know if it means/if they said it was going to be fanclub exclusive!
The preorders will begin in February.

Neko and/or frecklegirl will be able to correct and complete this information I'm sure.

Edited after clarification by kuro_neko: this DVD will be availabe to the general public, it's just the presale that will be Ringohan-exclusive and will include a bonus gift.

Last edited by zarya : 2010.02.01 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2010.01.31, 08:26 PM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's about damn time.

Now let me just state for the record that I'm not part of the "I will finally be able to play the footage in my DVD player!" crowd, because I see that as a very minor aspect of what makes this release special. Most of my video playback is computer-based, even when I've got an All-Region DVD. Not only that, but the Spa & Treatment bootleg floating around was already very close to being ready for burning - pretty much all you had to do was mux it into a VIDEO_TS folder with TMPGenc DVD Author, burn that as UDF 1.02 with ImgBurn, and no transcoding was required. Personally I've never bothered doing that with Spa & Treatment, though I've heard a success story from at least one person I guided through that process.

We can finally have the audio in PCM or whatever formats (FLAC/MP3/etc.) we want to produce from that, and not be living in transcode city. We'll also finally have access to MPEG2 that's gone through 2-pass instead of whatever quick-&-dirty job someone's TiVo/DVR/PVR did in realtime.

If this DVD doesn't reach the retail scene, it will surely reach Yahoo! Japan Auctions just as a small handful of Ringohan-edition Ringo Books did.. I'm going to get this DVD one way or another, even if I have to forgo eating out for awhile.
Old 2010.01.31, 10:19 PM   #3
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this dvd is getting a full release, the e-mail mentioned that they are having a ringohan/kronekodow website/kronekodow pocket website (mobile phone) presale, and that if you order from ringohan will you receive some sort of special bonus present (they haven't announced this yet). the price and date isn't fixed yet, but they will start presales mid february and the price and retail date will be set later.

as for the actual release, it is going to be the same as what was aired on tv, along with the countdown japan performances for 3min and Toumei Ningen, plus the special photo article previously published in one of the magazines from a month or two ago, where photographs taken while in the studio recording Sports by Hata were featured. This is being edited into a feature for the DVD (probably some sort of slideshow set to music).

overall not too excited about this release. I never sat down and watched Spa and Treatment on the computer, so I guess this will be nice in a way, but on a whole not too excited about how Ringo has been big on releasing previous concert/material. I'd much rather have some sort of new Jihen DVD, such as a PV collection/tour video.
Old 2010.01.31, 11:29 PM   #4
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Mmmmmmmmmmmeh.

I hate that I'll buy this and then skip through it.
Old 2010.02.01, 12:23 AM   #5
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

This is somewhat of a barrel scrape.
Old 2010.02.01, 12:35 AM   #6
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
This is somewhat of a barrel scrape.
I think this must be another situation where the fans kept on writing shit on comment cards and ringohan finally realized they could make some money off it. wait until after sports drops and then release it and bill it as the must have and demanded concert that was never released. do it before sports and it was just the last era's concert DVD. oi.
Old 2010.02.01, 12:41 AM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

While they're at it, a release of Domestic Virgin Line should coincide with the 10th anniversary of Tokyo Jihen, just like with the timing on Zazen Ecstasy.

I'd much rather have Domestic Virgin Line on DVD, than Spa & Treatment. Domestic Virgin Line is a far better concert (in some ways better than Just Can't Help It), and a far worse bootleg quality.
Old 2010.02.01, 12:47 AM   #8
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
While they're at it, a release of Domestic Virgin Line should coincide with the 10th anniversary of Tokyo Jihen, just like with the timing on Zazen Ecstasy.

I'd much rather have Domestic Virgin Line on DVD, than Spa & Treatment. Domestic Virgin Line is a far better concert (in some ways better than Just Can't Help It), and a far worse bootleg quality.
that is a ways off but man, when you say tokyo jihen 10 year anniversary it almost makes me have a heart attack because I can remember when she announced the end of her solo career and an important announcement on her homepage (the announcement of jihen) like it was yesterday. INSANE
Old 2010.02.01, 12:48 AM   #9
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

The fact it's already been floating about forever on torrent sites makes it even worse! muxing it with two lame mime performances that are also available free does not an enticing product make.

Should have been Domestic and a Blu-ray at that.
Old 2010.02.01, 01:01 AM   #10
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
The fact it's already been floating about forever on torrent sites makes it even worse! muxing it with two lame mime performances that are also available free does not an enticing product make.

Should have been Domestic and a Blu-ray at that.
countdown japan performances are already online?
Closed Thread