Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.07.03, 07:58 PM   #51
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
I think you mean Eddie Murphy? Yeah, it was pretty awful, but to be honest, I don't think Eddie Murphy's made a decent movie since the mid-'90s.
You kid, right? Eddie Murphy stopped making movies after Coming to America.
Old 2011.07.03, 08:45 PM   #52
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
You kid, right? Eddie Murphy stopped making movies after Coming to America.
I was just going of the top of my head, but I looked it up and you are absolutely correct. Though I did like his character in Dreamgirls, but that was a bit role.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.04, 07:31 AM   #53
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ROFL I had no idea where Wilson came from. I don't care enough to go back and edit that post...

yeah, the piano bit being repeated over and over is due to it being the main theme of the film, that is pretty common in scores...I get your beef with the film, it depends on what types of bad films you like. I do like Mario Bros too, lol, that is pretty bad. House is on an entirely different level though, with the soft hair light and decapitations. The entire thing was a gay fantasy custom made for me. Thank god Criterion released it in Bluray!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.04, 01:35 PM   #54
karateexplosion

To put it in perspective, I saw House at a terrible horror movie night at the hostel my friend was staying at. In addition to that, we watched Troll 2, Leprechaun in the Hood (or maybe it was the sequel, Back 2 tha Hood, I don't recall), and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. House was the only one I didn't enjoy.

Haha, I can't believe Criterion released a Blu-ray of House. That's almost as ridiculous as the movie itself.
Old 2011.07.05, 06:29 PM   #55
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Hahha...I just tried to introduce HOUSE to some friends today, and they looked at me like I was crazy when I described it as "a Japanese psychadelic horror from the 70's"
We just had it on in the background as we ate watermelon instead, which I now realize is actually pretty funny.
House is awesome. But I think maybe when you couple over the top Japanese horror with over the top horror American, Japanese may seem even more strange and hard to enjoy. American stuff tends to be silly and have horrible acting, while House is just kind of...wtf alarming. It's kinda in a whole other world and abandons any semblance of a plot about half an hour or so in. Definitely not for everyone, but definitely enjoyable for some.
Old 2011.07.05, 06:56 PM   #56
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I've only seen an American crappy horror movie called "House". Is it a remake or nothing to do with it at all?
Old 2011.07.05, 08:28 PM   #57
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Nothing to do with it. The American film also has a sequel that's even worse.
Old 2011.07.05, 10:51 PM   #58
karateexplosion

I could see Sam Raimi producing a terrible, bastardized remake of House. Bruce Campbell could make a cameo as the watermelon-peddler from the beginning of the film.

Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
We just had it on in the background as we ate watermelon instead, which I now realize is actually pretty funny.
That is actually hilarious.
Old 2011.07.06, 07:38 PM   #59
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

Almost anything by Uwe Boll, short of Postal and Rampage, which were actually not bad. Tommy Wiseau's The Room is the greatest thing ever
Old 2011.07.06, 09:17 PM   #60
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ugh. Finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife (overall verdict, didn't like it very much) so I watched the movie. THE MOVIE BLEW EVEN MORE THAN THE BOOK. Ugh ugh ugh. Terrible film, terrible adaptation. So flat and boring. And they couldn't even get details like hair color right. Evidently I have been watching a lot of bad movies lately.

But now I am watching The Reader and loving it already, maybe my luck is changing...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote