Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.22, 09:04 AM   #91
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm just gonna listen to Pinkerton until there is an actual leak.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 09:20 AM   #92
JonnoJ

JonnoJ is headed in the right direction

Anyone else hear Stephen Sondheim in Tugou no ii karada? Keep hearing bits of West Side Story and Sweeny Todd in it, absolutely incredible track.
Old 2009.06.22, 09:24 AM   #93
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

well... the video came from here (#72). people who are anxious to listen to the new tracks can stick to it (the last message I read is like: any more please T____T?).
Old 2009.06.22, 09:24 AM   #94
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by JonnoJ View Post
Anyone else hear Stephen Sondheim in Tugou no ii karada? Keep hearing bits of West Side Story and Sweeny Todd in it, absolutely incredible track.
It actually reminds me of Tim Burton a lot -well, it reminds of his movies' soundtracks XD.- NBC, The Corpse Bride and Sweeney Todd, especially... It's a really weird track. Although she had already made Disney-ish songs, this is like a huge surprise, IMO.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:30 AM   #95
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I half expected her to burst into "It's the most wonderful time of the year" at the start there. Then it turned into Disney + Las Vegas + a bit of a mexican/western vibe at times and then at the end it felt like the end to a tv news theme.
Yes, that's exactly what I thought!

I wasn't hoping for the second Saito Neko track to be good, but it's fucking great from FIRST IMPRESSIONS. Especially the 'It's not a mystery I want a kysteriiiiiie' part, where her voice goes wild. Fuck KZK and SS -- if this is an indication of the album's quality, then it could be an album that shouldn't even warrant comparison because it's so different to her other stuff.

I'm so happy that she went for something slightly different. We have songs like Vogue and Shun and this and Yokyou, so quite a variety (lol) there. This album is shaping up to be awesome in its own individual way.

I love this song. If there'sanything good to come out of all this Nu-Shiina deal, it's this song! I'm not sure if it'll have lasting appeal, though.

I should stop getting optimistic.

(And it does remind me of I WANT IT NOW)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.06.22 at 10:35 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:32 AM   #96
Tetsu-Nakamura

Location: From Lisbon, Portugal. Living in São Paulo, Brazil.
Tetsu-Nakamura pleased at least somebody

I'm thankful fot the info, Shinji. I always get really hyped up for new releases of my favorite artists and I really like being able to read other people's insights into them even before it's out! Makes the waiting more enjoyable and interesting for me. Appreciated!
Tetsu-Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:40 AM   #97
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Another cool thing about the song (And Vogue) is that she doesn't 'tame' her voice. She's not rejecting her roots, and is using what endeared her to many people in the first place.
Old 2009.06.22, 10:44 AM   #98
inaux

inaux pleased at least somebody

I'm not sure if this is posted yet, but a HQ version of Vogue/Ryuukou can be heard here at the 12:20 mark: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7405528
inaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 10:49 AM   #99
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

=( I bought from YesAsia cause CDJapan had it listed as sold out (the first press) also

now I'm sad.

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 11:00 AM   #100
Scribble R

Thanks inaux.

Ryuukyou is awesome, as I thought. The rapping works. I can't wait to turn it up really loud.