Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.04.12, 07:48 PM   #551
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

so my friend is moving back to CA until August-ish. Her husband works on LOST, so that means they are officially done filming, if anyone cares about production stuff. I don't watch LOST, last time we were hanging out she spilled some top secret plot information to me by accident, but I don't know anything about the plot so it didn't make any sense and I don't remember the character's names to help y'all out.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 10:24 AM   #552
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Telling me who's gonna die this season without a spoilerwarning in the post would bring everyone on my ignorelist, no matter who it is

So I'm glad you don't know

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 11:30 PM   #553
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

ARRRRGHHHH I don't care where I am right now, 24 made me angry tonight!!!!

(don't discuss)
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.16, 05:31 AM   #554
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Decent episode. Not much new, a few hints and the return of Faraday Seems more like a set-up episode for the finale and the 2 episodes leading up to it which are, to quote Darlton, "Seismic" (is that in itself a clue? We know there is a volcano on the island). By the way, it wasn't episode 13 which had the huge spoiler I read, it was the 100th episode which I wrongly assumed was 13. It's actually the next episode, 'The Variable' which makes more sense. Shame we have to wait 2 weeks though Also, looks like there is a third party. "What lies in the shadow of the statue?". Hmm... I very much doubt they were working for Ben or The Others. If you hadn't noticed by the way, the guy in the van was Bram, the guy who is constantly with Illana on the beach. I wonder who Illana/Bram is seeking on the island, what is in their giant box and what their intentions are. Could be a reestablished Dharma. I do hope for a Ben & Widmore & Losties & Others Vs Dharma battle. It would pretty much be getting every villain (or everybody we thought was evil) on the show together with the losties. With the losties Dharma disguise falling apart, I guess they're going to seek the help of Faraday to take them back to the future. I was really excited at the prospect of nostalgically seeing the inside of the hatch again though I expect the next few eps to be epic!

Edit: Lost theory of the week :p

OK, this isn't entirely new for me. I've said for a while I believe there to be a third party and I think it's too late in the game to introduce an entirely new company. So... The Hanso Foundation. I think I've even pointed them out before. They haven't been mentioned for a while, but chunks of info have been scattered around the show about them. Dharma are funded by them, so one can assume that they are the highest power when it comes to the "villains" (if they are in fact bad). Dharma work/ed for Hanso. There are mentions of Magnus Hanso on the blast door map, included his grave, and Widmore bought a black rock journal, the ship itself owned by Magnus Hanso from a member of the Hanso family -- Torvo Hanso. They're clearly not only big players in the game, but the Hanso family have been linked to the island for over a century, at least. Combine this with the "Shadow of the statue" question (Dharma seem clueless about the statue, as far as we know) leads me to believe that Hanso may be a second bunch of old-island inhabitants, possibly banished by the others as outsiders, who now want the island for themselves knowing it's true power. Dharma are probably just a bunch of scientists they funded who can actually get them that power.

"What lies below the shadow of the statue?"

The body of Magnus Hanso.

I just made that bit up as I was typing :p Oh and Bram Hanso is an awesome name :p
Old 2009.04.29, 07:28 PM   #555
golem09

Nice episode, nice built up. Seems like we were all wrong with them bomb and miles touching himself, they just dig too deep, like the dwarfs in moria.

I liked every part BUT!

se-rious-ly
going to the others with WEAPONS!

even firing them. You got to be extremely stupid to do so. I'm not complaining he died, I just think they could have built WAY MORE logical circumstances for his mother to shoot him.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.04.30, 03:39 AM   #556
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Well, he's hardly sane. It was a stupid move, but one which must happen. Really clever writing thought tying up plenty of past/present/future events, filling in blanks and setting up the finale. Only two weeks left It's going to be epic!

Also interesting that the major spoiler I read hasn't came into fruition yet. I wonder if it was fake, or if it'll be in the finale. I hope it isn't the big secret final scene because I'll be pissed if I spoilt that for myself. DarkUFO doesn't usually put something in the spoiler section unless it's confirmed; it usually stays in the rumour section otherwise.

As for changing the future events, Daniel should know better than that. If 815 lans safely then Jack was never able to go back in time to make sure it lands safely. It creates a paradox which is why the past can't be changed. Jack is probably going to cause the incident.
Old 2009.04.30, 06:44 AM   #557
golem09

after all that faraday said, it's just the digging that triggers the incident, as would have the digging in the orchid if Chang wouldn't have stopped it.

But I don't think the time travel of the losties will happen in the last scene. Since in the podcast they already told us, that we will know a lot more about the statue after this season. So I think before going back to 2007 they visit the ancient island. maybe even some others times and then go back. I hope they have a full episode on sheer time traveling, with the big revealing scene being something they witness in the past.

But I think there would be ONE thing that the viewers would never expect: The losties travel to the future, and see the ending scene of the 6th season. That would totally fit in their style of twisting things around. On another note, with the finale of the 6th season, I think this would be too revealing.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.04.30, 07:13 AM   #558
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
after all that faraday said, it's just the digging that triggers the incident, as would have the digging in the orchid if Chang wouldn't have stopped it.
Sure, but Jack's actions in an attempt to carry out Faraday's plan will ultimately allow the incident to happen. There seems to be more to the incident than what we've been told by Faraday. Eloise tells Jack it is his destiny to go back to the island. That is because she KNOWS his actions will result in the incident or allow it/something else to happen. Faraday does not know Jack's part in how it plays out because Faraday is dead before Jack does anything, which is why he is confused by Jack being there. The incident may just be another huge electromagnetic anomoly, but Jack is going to get the bomb and something else is going to happen. Something that not even Faraday new about because he died, but Eloise obviously does.

But I don't think the time travel of the losties will happen in the last scene. Since in the podcast they already told us, that we will know a lot more about the statue after this season. So I think before going back to 2007 they visit the ancient island. maybe even some others times and then go back. I hope they have a full episode on sheer time traveling, with the big revealing scene being something they witness in the past.
Did they say we'd see a lot more of the statue this season? All I recall is "Will we see the statue again this season" and then they answered "Yes". Then the following episode we see it from behind. I think they might have said at some point that we will find out what the front of the statue looks like this season, but they could have been referring to the Anubis hyproglyphs under the temple in 'Dead Is Dead' confirming that the statue is in fact Anubis. I'm not sure if the losties will go back to ancient time, or if it will be shown in a flashback; nor if it will happen this season. I do think we'll be seeing the future at some point. The likes of smokey and such I think had to have been future technology that flashed back to ancient times at some point and has been on the island ever since.
Old 2009.04.30, 10:33 AM   #559
golem09

Hmm, I think I do recall them saying (after the statue was shown from behind) that we'll see more of the statue this season, and that it's not as disappointing as just seeing it and flash away. My memory might be mistaken, but I still remember that from some podcast.

And I so hope smokey is NOT a futuristic machine +

OH! another thing that came to my mind is this:
If Faraday ist dead now, and Chang obviously didn't believe him, then WHAT the hell is that short clip supposed to see, that was shown at the last comicon? The one with Chang talking about the future and Faraday in the background?

And yes, I also hope that there is more to the incident than just the digging, but so far it sounds this way.
And I still wonder how ultra-convinced Faraday was, that Jack didn't belong there.

When Faraday busted the Others, he was completely convinced that he was just changing the past at the very moment. But once he was shot by his mother, it suddenly seemed IMPOSSIBLE to him, that the changed the future, and that his mothers always shot him. If he spent so much time on convincing himself that he is the variable and can change things, why would he be so sure that his mother always knew about it?
I mean it does make sense in the story, but not in Faradays point of view at that time.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.04.30, 11:13 AM   #560
Inaudible-Whisper

And I so hope smokey is NOT a futuristic machine +
Well there isn't a single piece of existing technology on this planet that can explain smokey. Either it is a prototype of some theoretical device or it is from the future. I would be so, so disappointed if it was literally a smoke creature that judges people. The show would be totally jumping the shark from pseudo-science to pure fantasy and religion and it would alienate the majority of the audience if it doesn't have some tangible real-world explanation, even if it is made-up science. Judging from the sounds it makes, I have to conclude that it is a machine and based on the fact that the island can jump around in time it just makes sense that it'd be from the future.

As for Faraday knowing that his mother sent him to his death, why wouldn't he assume that? He tried to convince Pierre Chang to evacuate the island knowing that that is what happens (he knows his wife and miles and Charlotte leave) and he had that same conversation with a young Charlotte that he knew would happen. He knows that time is repeating itself and whatever happened happened, but the existence of Jack and co in 1977 threw him off a bit because he didn't think that that was supposed to happen (clearly Eloise knows more, knowing that it is Jack's destiny to go back) so he assumed that maybe he could change things with the bomb. That doesn't mean to say that he believes every interaction and action he has is new and changing time. Clearly time did NOT allow him to set the bomb off, and at that moment when he realises he is going to die and that every action he has just taken is exactly how he knows it to have played out he realises "yeah, I was wrong... I can't change time, whatever happened happened and that means you knew this would happen and sent me to my death ".