Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.08, 12:31 AM   #151
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

yeah I usually order as much as possible at once, I like to receive all items at once and as I said up until today I never once seen a customs charge so I thought nothing of giant orders, as for shipping well the cost is not bad when you consider that your items are fully insured/traceable like if you use a cheapo shipping option you'll regret it eventually.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.18 at 10:55 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.08, 02:24 AM   #152
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

Dynamite Out wasn't in your first set of purchases? Foreshame....

Last edited by Silverrime : 2008.07.08 at 02:26 AM. Reason: cuz teh speling suks at 5am
Silverrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.08, 09:02 AM   #153
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Silverrime View Post
Dynamite Out wasn't in your first set of purchases? Foreshame....
What can I say? I'm a terrible person.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.18 at 10:56 AM.
Old 2008.07.10, 06:16 AM   #154
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

(And Jesse's purchasing rampage continues)

Just bought a new first press copy of both ADULT VIDEO and Senkou Shoujou from eBay.

Neither of which I ever really planned on buying. But oh well...
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.10, 06:24 AM   #155
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Be careful who you buy that kind of stuff from. There are some sellers on eBay who auction off almost nothing but sample copies. If the seller is from Hong Kong or Taiwan, I'd check the seller's feedback and see what the negative remarks were (if any), especially if the auction has a Buy It Now price.

It's more difficult to get tricked into buying samples or counterfeits at Yahoo! Japan Auctions, because sample copies are legally "not for sale" over there, not many sellers will dare push it - and the few who do will almost always be honest about it.
Old 2008.07.10, 07:22 AM   #156
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Be careful who you buy that kind of stuff from. There are some sellers on eBay who auction off almost nothing but sample copies. If the seller is from Hong Kong or Taiwan, I'd check the seller's feedback and see what the negative remarks were (if any), especially if the auction has a Buy It Now price.

It's more difficult to get tricked into buying samples or counterfeits at Yahoo! Japan Auctions, because sample copies are legally "not for sale" over there, not many sellers will dare push it - and the few who do will almost always be honest about it.
Yeah.. I was a little worried. The seller is in Japan, and they have had 6514 positive reviews and 1 negative in the last 12 months. So it all seems good.

Edit: How would I tell it was a sample copy anyway? Like what do you mean by sample copy?

Edit 2: btw, here's the items (if these links work):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280242670288
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350076449402
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.10, 11:42 AM   #157
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

See those black numbers on the back, with red print near them?
You bought two sample copies.

They're not counterfeits. In functionality and packaging they are 99% the same as a retail product, except they are branded not-for-sale somewhere on the outer packaging (underneath the shrinkwrap), and often on the inner ring of the disc too. Sample copies aren't meant to be collectible. Only the particularly old sample copies, like Muzai Moratorium, are considered valuable by collectors, and that's only if they're still sealed. Newer sample copies are worthless for anything other than being able to experience the music. They're still made in Japan, but the artist doesn't collect royalties on them, because the record label never charged anyone for the copy.

Semi-recent sample copies are almost all of what Headynana sells. You got tricked by the item location, while the seller location is Hong Kong.

Factory-sealed first-presses of sold-out Japanese albums, are almost always too good to be true on eBay, especially if they have a Buy It Now price of less than the original price. I do believe Headynana sells a small handful of nonsample copies (and probably not for any of the music you actually want). Headynana knows when what they're selling is a sample copy, even if they don't rub it in your face. You can usually tell from a combination of the price, and the lack of a sample branding. Headynana can charge as low of an amount as you paid (and for something factory-sealed), because those sample copies were basically free all the way up until you paid for them.

If you gave Headynana negative feedback, it used to be that they could retaliate and negative hit you back with "I gave you authentic Asian product!". Now they can't. If a seller has a problem with you, the only channel they can go through is to file an official report like "non-paying bidder". I'd totally hit them if I were you, but half of it is your fault for not doing the research. I'd be crawling all over eBay if it had legitimate deals like what you thought you were getting, but I've learned to mostly ignore the place and move on.
Old 2008.07.10, 02:58 PM   #158
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

My DVD's finally arrived (like a week late) I got these cool plastic folder things too.

Name:  zazen.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  78.8 KB Name:  zazen (2).JPG
Views: 6
Size:  91.5 KB

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.27 at 07:41 AM.
Old 2008.07.10, 03:09 PM   #159
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

awww, i almost wish buying those just for those folders.

Almost.
Old 2008.07.10, 03:52 PM   #160
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

I got a couple of those folders when I bought some stuff from Tower Records. Was dead chuffed at the time.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote