Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2010.04.13, 08:11 AM   #871
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

As I recall, there's at least 4 other EMF members from Melbourne (in addition to both you, and a dozen people from other parts of Australia). I'm not sure how active most of them still are, though.
Old 2010.04.13, 08:20 AM   #872
seanclaude

seanclaude pleased at least somebody

Thank you so much!
seanclaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.13, 06:31 PM   #873
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

To seancloude,
Which songs are you interested in?
In another thread you mentioned that English and Japanese are not your first language. So what's your first language?
Mine's Chinese (Mandarin), came here when I was 11.

Last edited by D.K.Liu : 2010.04.13 at 06:51 PM.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.13, 09:15 PM   #874
seanclaude

seanclaude pleased at least somebody

I have 2 first languages.. cantonese and mandarin. came here when i was 16.
Songs I am interested in : GIBUSU, HONNOU, MARUNOUCHI, AKANE, HIMITSU(TJ), GUNJYOBIYORI(TJ), SHISEIKATSU(TJ),
seanclaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.26, 07:43 PM   #875
SakeIt2Me

SakeIt2Me is headed in the right direction
Cool

Hello whoever. Thought I might as well register for these forums since I only recently discovered Shiina Ringo and tend to end up lurking here a lot lately...

So, I live in the middle of nowhere and as a result have never heard of her until in the midst of my near-constant hunt for brilliant and catchy good music, I found Tokyo Jihen (specifically Dynamite Out, the concert that will allow me to travel in time as many times as I like, to enjoy the best live performance of any band I've seen yet--perhaps one exception, a small flamenco club (Casa Patas) in Madrid, but I digress...)

Wish I spoke Japanese, but I don't, so I don't get the full impact of Shiina or the other Japanese musical gods/goddesses I adore (the pillows, BORIS, Michio Kurihara). I'm a guitarist, by the way. This looks like a cool forum and I'm sure I'll enjoy the stay.
Old 2010.08.31, 09:45 PM   #876
GIGAcorrupt

GIGAcorrupt pleased at least somebody

Umm...I do believe it's proper to introduce one's self >.> I'm not usually one to do this in forums, but why the hell not XD

Umm...lets see, I've been a fan of Shiina and Tokyo Jihen for about half a year?

The first song I heard was OSCA, wich I was told of from 2 members at a Utada Hikaru fan site. At the time Youtube had most of Dynamite out uploaded, so from OSCA I moved on to listening to Dynamite out performances...I actually really like Dynamite out XD

Kyoiku was ofcourse the first album I listened to, and as my craving for more grew I gave Sports a try. Wich I have to admit...I was more fond of Kyoiku and First phase. Because their songs seemed more dark...and dark-rock-type music...was not something I had listened to much >.>

And that's how I feel for Shiina Ringo XD

But...something about me?? Umm...I like to draw O.O

BTW does anyone know if jigenbakuda is still active on these forums?? O.o I know him from another forum and saw that he's a member here too XD

Last edited by GIGAcorrupt : 2010.08.31 at 09:49 PM.
GIGAcorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.01, 03:29 AM   #877
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

hi GIGAcorrupt! welcome. Are you planning to try out Ringo's solo stuff? Her solo era is more similar to Kyoiku than Sports.
Old 2010.09.01, 06:36 PM   #878
GIGAcorrupt

GIGAcorrupt pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
hi GIGAcorrupt! welcome. Are you planning to try out Ringo's solo stuff? Her solo era is more similar to Kyoiku than Sports.

Hey ^^

Wow...I guess I should have mentioned that I have all of her discography (digitally that is >.> ) so yah, I love all of her work
GIGAcorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.10, 08:57 PM   #879
dementedhedghog

dementedhedghog pleased at least somebody

Heh, I missed this thread entirely when I showed up the other day. Well, in short, I'm 28, male, from Minnesota, and while I shared a bunch of stuff on the "how'd you find SR" thread, I can say a few things more here. I am a musician myself, classically trained in piano and self-taught in less-than-classical styles. I also sing and play the drums and I get to play a lot of old jazz standards at work.

I ran across Jpop through anime (of which I have less than some of my friends, but more than is probably healthy), and my first CDs I ever bought overseas were Do As Infinity and actually Ayumi Hamasaki (in her early days I swear!). I have a bunch of other stuff, though, in addition to much of SRs catalog I have lots of Hitomi Yaida, Cocco, Utada, Rurutia, P'EZ and Soil & "PIMP" Sessions (neither of whom I discovered through SR), the pillows, fra-foa, Yoko Kanno, KOKIA, Tsukiko Amano, Chihiro Onitsuka, Every Little Thing, and Quruli.
dementedhedghog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.10, 09:04 PM   #880
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by dementedhedghog View Post
I am a musician myself, classically trained in piano and self-taught in less-than-classical styles.
I'm a fellow pianist (with a combination of classic training and a lot of self-taught years - but not in that order), but I don't talk a lot about it because it hasn't been a very active part of my lifestyle this past decade. I'm probably very rusty now.

Originally Posted by dementedhedghog View Post
I have lots of... P'EZ and Soil & "PIMP" Sessions (neither of whom I discovered through SR)
Did it blow your mind when you finally discovered connections between them?