Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.12, 08:40 PM   #171
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
maybe i'll be getting some more folders aswell ? i ordered the Seiteki Healling DVD's recently!! also instead of having to bring out your autographed Electric Mole all the time you should make copies of your DVD's! although you lose a little quality converting DVD-9 down to DVD-5 it protects the investment and you don't have too treat the copies too preciously so they are safe to lend out/give to friends and so on.
I normally watch Electric Mole off of a DVD ISO on my computer when I'm at home. I know better ways to convert DVD9s to DVD5s than using the bastardly all-in-one 'shrinking' programs, but no matter what you do, the main thing you'll lose out on is the audio, unless you want the video to look like mega crap. I can make straight dual-layer copies, but lots of DVD players are too stupid to read burnt dual-layer discs, or they want +Rs and you happen to be using -Rs, or vice versa.

I'd rather just split the concert across two single-layer discs, than shrink it, if I want to maintain compatibility with the widest range of DVD players. Electric Mole has plenty of its own off-site interruptions to take away from the musical escapism anyhow. Could just do the split around one of those many interludes/intermissions. A small handful of icky picky DVD players only want to read pressed discs though.

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I guess this is only from Neowing yeah? Not CDJapan?
Neowing is the only face of the company advertising the promotion. I strongly doubt that ringobingo went through that channel. CD Japan has given me all kinds of bonus stickers/posters that may have been declared on Neowing, but weren't actually declared on CD Japan.
Old 2008.07.12, 09:00 PM   #172
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh I see. Bah! I was wondering why I didn't get one with my Ringo no Uta re-issue, but it's not on the list

And I just bought Hyakuiro Megane and Daiginjou from HMV.co.jp! Blahhhh!

Are the versions of Daikkai and Baishou currently available from CDJapan any different to the first presses (if there was a different first press for those)? Though I'd only be buying these to get the folders. Neither DVD is exactly my favourite, and it'd be cheaper to get from HMV.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.12, 09:13 PM   #173
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I've been lured toward HMV Japan quite a few times, mainly for their low-priced DVDs compared to everyone else. But I've learned that because of the first-presses and the external bonuses that CD Japan often has, it's best to hit up HMV Japan mainly for the limited editions - products where you know exactly which version you're getting, because that particular special version has its own separate catalog number from a normal release. HMV Japan also keeps a larger inventory, so you'll find CD Japan completely sold out on a certain limited edition, which HMV Japan will still have in stock for a little while longer. But I don't ever try to get first-pressings from HMV Japan - that's too much of a gamble even when you pre-order. But if you don't have a job, and HMV Japan is charging 1000-1500yen less for a DVD than CD Japan (as usual), sometimes you don't have much of a choice.

Baishou Ecstasy and Ringohan don't have different pressings, and if I were as late into collecting as you, I probably would've bought them from HMV Japan just like you. I already got them from CD Japan, but there was no materialistic advantage for me buying those as early as I did. I would have a shitload of anniversary folders if CD Japan's promotional deal were retroactive with previous purchases.
Old 2008.07.12, 09:44 PM   #174
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

a little off the topic but i was curious to know if anyone can tell me how many records Shiina has sold in total ? i always had the amount in my head of being around 13 million or so ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 08:45 AM   #175
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

^ i will go to wiki tomorrow and count from there if nobody else won't be telling here the exact fact about it, before i've counted
Masuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 08:58 AM   #176
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

samples:

buying or not?

what if you can only find that rare item you want as a sample??

should I feel guilty after buying a sample?

example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tsukiko-Amano-Ca...ayphotohosting

this so rare Tsukiko Amano album... I can't find it anywhere else .. they sell it there but it's sample...

isn't the music+booklet the most important?
or giving money to your loved artist is the most important?

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 09:03 AM   #177
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
samples:

buying or not?

example:

this so rare Tsukiko Amano album... I can't find it anywhere else .. they sell it there but it's sample...

you should go ahead and buy it if you have no other avenue to do so..
if you feel obliged to support the artist then just make sure to make that effort at the next oppurtunity.. the fact that you gave it thought shows that you support the artist and are concerned.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 10:18 AM   #178
Glathannus
True Final Boss

samples:

buying or not?

example:

If it's nearly 10 years old and from around the beginning of an artist's career, and you never open it, then it might be worth more to a collector than a retail copy. If it's a couple of years old and you open it, then it's almost worthless. Though giving credit where it's due, I would rather have a Japanese-published sample copy than a Taiwan counterfeit - if I were forced to choose between the two. The artist isn't collecting royalties either way, but at least the sample copy will be more authentic in packaging and sound quality.

If supporting the artist and/or having a resellable collectible is important to you, then you'll have to search through Yahoo! Japan Auctions (in Kanji of course), and use a deputy service to snatch up your auction-of-choice once you've found one. This will cost you a lot more than a sample copy on eBay, even if you're getting something like-new, but it is certainly possible. There is no such thing as a Japanese sample copy on eBay, that you can't find a real copy for, on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
Old 2008.07.13, 10:44 AM   #179
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Another alternative would be to buy used Japanese CDs. I do this with out of print material a lot. The Japanese keep most stuff pristine, expecting to eventually sell it. No collectible value, but if you are going to actually use it then that's a nonissue. And the royalty has already been paid.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 10:20 PM   #180
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
a little off the topic but i was curious to know if anyone can tell me how many records Shiina has sold in total ? i always had the amount in my head of being around 13 million or so ?
I think SR on her own has sold almost 9 million records and a little over 10 million if you count Tokyo Jihen. My figures could be wrong though.