Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.17, 01:03 PM   #191
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
i want one of those folders as a bday gift, ringobingo TT-TT
as i told poor Lena-Chan..you're too too far away
(i've sent one in spirit though!)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.17, 01:16 PM   #192
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
thanks Glath!! pretty extensive list for me to go through!! i appreciate it!

EDIT: i'm all out of cash til late august i am totally commited up until then with other stuff! but after that i intend to go for all the LP's & cassettes! i'm not really into alternative versions of what i already have but i do like the alternative formats of the LP's & cassettes.. i'll probaly also get Ltd Ed Shouso Strip too ? maybe some videos ?
The only groovy cassette tapes are the ZCS triple set. Each 'disc' got their own separate tape, and each tape was a different solid color of plastic. The other audio cassettes are hardly anything worth putting on display. That's why ZCS had the only audio cassettes on my "Cool Factor" list.

You should have no problem getting ahold of a used copy of Shouso Strip limited - they show up on eBay fairly often (probably more often than used copies of the regular edition), and you'll see dozens of the limiteds at a time, on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

The Mayonaka wa Junketsu LP appeared on eBay several times, basically from the same seller unloading 4-5 copies. I don't know that it will ever appear on eBay again, but Yahoo! Japan Auctions has more copies of it than anyone knows what to do with!

Shoujo Robot only appeared on eBay once ever. It's all over Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and for almost dirt cheap if you're buying it used. Arguably this was Shiina Ringo's best all-around single ever, even if she didn't actually sing in it - just because the compositions (all of them from Shiina Ringo) are really good. I actually prefer the CD version over the Just Can't Help It version, not because the CD had a better performance, but mainly for the arrangement. Since the tracks that Shiina Ringo composed for Tomosaka Rie are still completely out-of-print (even after this B-Sides collection came out), the Cappuccino/Murasaki/ShoujoRobot trio can only get more expensive as collectors start to wake up. So right now I suggest you take advantage while it's still cheap. This was material she composed while she still had her MM/SS spunk - it's a completely different animal than Grandma Ringo composing for a boy band.
Old 2008.07.17, 05:01 PM   #193
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I love my I-NO best out of my Shiina related stuff! the mole and Koufukuron-esque guitar are really awesome.. it would be even cooler if Shiina performed in that outfit!
That Ringo model is soooo coolllllllll !! I need to play that game to see how bad ass she is .
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.17, 07:04 PM   #194
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

my spirit connection is dial-up! you'll need to send me through fedex >D

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.17, 09:26 PM   #195
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

The folders are also give-aways if you by something at Tower Records, I realized the other day, when I also picked up the latest issue of RAT. Also I got two - and it's more of a twice-folded thin, tiny leaflet and hardly a magazine/news paper (except itself stating "Sheena Ringo news paper" on the front!!11!111).
I also took a pic of one of the shrines in the Shinjuku store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010360.jpg (2.52 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1010361.jpg (398.0 KB, 142 views)
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.18, 02:48 AM   #196
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

@Jonny what is that white thing on the rack ? (the one that says merci) is that also a folder/leaflet ?
Here's where I am currently at (all the missing Jihen stuff is still in transit somewhere ) I've been collecting seriously now for just under two months.
Ringo Partial Collection.JPG

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.30 at 03:06 AM.
Old 2008.07.18, 05:37 AM   #197
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I should try to get my hands on some of those merchandise dividers that Tower Records has. They won't hoard them forever, and sooner or later some will turn up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

Also, my eyes could be playing tricks on me, but it looks like ringobingo's copy of Seteiki Healing vol.3 is first-press. If you're late into collecting and buying straight from a retailer (especially CD Japan), I don't know how this could be. There's just something about the shiny angle that tells me you've got solid black plastic underneath the shrinkwrap, instead of a black booklet underneath another layer of clear plastic. That volume is the most difficult one to distinguish at a glance.
Old 2008.07.18, 05:57 AM   #198
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I should try to get my hands on some of those merchandise dividers that Tower Records has. They won't hoard them forever, and sooner or later some will turn up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

Also, my eyes could be playing tricks on me, but it looks like ringobingo's copy of Seteiki Healing vol.3 is first-press. If you're late into collecting and buying straight from a retailer (especially CD Japan), I don't know how this could be. There's just something about the shiny angle that tells me you've got solid black plastic underneath the shrinkwrap, instead of a black booklet underneath another layer of clear plastic. That volume is the most difficult one to distinguish at a glance.
It seems to be the first press, I took out the booklet and the cover is non see through black plastic, I guess I was a little lucky with that? the other two though are just clear cases with color booklets.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.30 at 03:07 AM.
Old 2008.07.20, 07:46 AM   #199
Glathannus
True Final Boss

This is my latest catch at Yahoo! Japan Auctions. This was all one auction.

Name:  hedgehog66jp-img600x262-12160196465wratt31897.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  22.0 KB
Name:  hedgehog66jp-img600x257-1216019646r8a7ii31897.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  23.4 KB
Name:  hedgehog66jp-img600x278-12160196466h6tpc31897.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  27.6 KB

And here's the craziest part:
The bidding closed at 1300yen!
(plus the international shipping charge will probably dwarf that - but still considerably cheaper than the magazines themselves)
Old 2008.07.20, 07:54 AM   #200
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

as i told poor Lena-Chan..you're too too far away
(i've sent one in spirit though!)
I'm not

I love you