Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.12.29, 07:59 PM   #151
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Come on now Freckle, I don't think my comments amounted to anything remotely close to "undermining."

I was just reading your post with its bold fonts and "" and CAPS in my head and it probably sounded worse than what you were actually trying to convey. I was merely explaining that to a new member, someone who doesn't exactly know the dynamics of the forum yet.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.29, 08:13 PM   #152
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Tune in next week on: Over-reaction Theatre 3000....!
Old 2008.12.29, 08:21 PM   #153
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Why are you even still here, Jihad? Thought this forum had jumped the shark in your opinion! ;D Although you've just proven you view it to be the same as always, so shouldn't that comfort you? haha
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.29, 08:29 PM   #154
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I was joking when I said that, as I tend to do
haha
Old 2008.12.29, 09:19 PM   #155
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No really?!?! I am shocked!!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.30, 05:18 AM   #156
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Thanks for the photo Whisle!
I didn't notice the amount of space (and probably weight) the box has just for the "Maidoari" sh*t.

EMI: "So, let's put the voice of someone saying "Maidoari" when you open the MoRA Box! Such a small word, such a small feature, certainly shouldn't be any trouble at all! Desu."

Some Guys: "Hm, ok. But how'd we do that... Let's see, we'd need some micro-speaker, and then something to power it... maybe batteries... or light sensitive stuff... and then the box would have to slide this way, and..."

Sometime later...

ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.31, 07:35 AM   #157
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Thank you very much Whisle for the picture! Last time I visited I saw it I promptly saved it cos I thought it's the best I've seen.

I HAVE to say my face actually grew hot for a few seconds when I saw frecklegirl's reply. Every line sounds incredibly annoyed and unnecessarily patronising. If that's not your intention, I hope you do realise your writing style does look like that.

We've been incessantly warned not to ask for anything without contributing and when a relatively new member tries to contribute something, he gets told off for not going through pages and pages.

sorry I didn't mean to start drama, but I'd just like to express some 'user feedback', as a non-hardcore SR fan whose work may not allow me to visit/post often, I feel more than unwelcome from this place.

I come here for SR news and pictures of releases I can't afford, yes, to sneak in on conversations between knowledgable fans, and it seems that's not encouraged. If frecklegirl wants this forum to be for hardcore fans only ("I mean, come on... we are, after all, kiiind of hardcore fans here") I guess it could be expressly stated on the forum.

Sorry for the rant, I hope it wouldn't be taken the wrong way. I do enjoy posting here sometimes.
whitetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.31, 07:49 AM   #158
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I don't think this place is unwelcoming in the slightest, from what I've seen, the new members who introduce themselves are always greeted with a nice hello and encouraged to post, if you base your view of feeling unwelcome on that one post that was not even directed at you then you really shouldn't.

I don't believe for a minute that frecklegirl only wants "hardcore fans" only? I think by that phrase she was just highlighting that we have all seen the box and it's contents before and perhaps was encouraging that user to at least check the subject matter a little more before posting content that may already be here.

Anyways I hope that you don't feel unwelcome because that's nobody's intent here at all! we love new people to come and post because it makes us more diverse and adds to the conversation, and that's always more than welcome over a bunch of zero-posters who just come here to steal the pictures.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.31, 08:21 AM   #159
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Everyone has their own writing style. My regular style might send off vibes that my feelings are more stoic or neutralized than they really are. frecklegirl's writing style is a little more bipolar - it makes her look more moody than she really is. You take the two styles away, and the inherent stability/instability for either of us to jump from happy to angry (or vice versa), really isn't as different between frecklegirl and I.

I think the behavior that gets on frecklegirl's nerves the most, is people not introducing themselves. Posting a request or anything uninformative - becomes an exponential transgression when you haven't yet made any attempt to get acquainted with other members of the community. When people feel like they know you - that gets you empathy with a wider range of users, including the ones who generally aren't too empathetic.

When you choose to be a stranger, you shouldn't take a warm welcome for granted. While you can put up a profile with location/profession/contact info, people usually don't take an interest in that until after they have seen other hints of your personality.
Old 2008.12.31, 08:40 AM   #160
Tokyo Jihad

..but Whisle was trying to be genuinely helpful, and I think he was. I think his photo is the most thorough documentation of the contents. And I'm not just saying that to stir the pot. I could see if he came in requesting chords for Rakujitsu. It's a post that would have, and had been gone over quietly otherwise until a spectacle was made of it for, well-meaning, but decidedly poorly targeted reasons.