Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.11, 06:23 PM   #1
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction
Angry WHY???

As a fan of SR and TJ Reading this forums makes me feel sad for Ringo.
Why this forum is so full of anger? it's almost like you guys hate her!!
i know recently her music style changes but it's her choice and she has her fan based who appreciate them, it is not her job to release new songs to please specific group of fan. criticism can be good but what i read here is very destructive comments. No wonder why she hates internet fan sites and set up the rules on her website to avoid them. come on people she needs some support!!
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 07:03 PM   #2
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

great post. Will read again.
Old 2009.04.11, 07:42 PM   #3
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Nobody actually likes Shiina Ringo here. We all just pretend that we do.
Old 2009.04.11, 09:01 PM   #4
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

They're just disappointed fans, letemp. They feel that Shiina Ringo's older work was far superior to anything she's been doing recently. Some people here await the return of "Old Shiina" while others understand that she's gone for good, but they still follow her current work in case she comes out with something they don't hate. Still there are others such as myself (the minority in this forum, but not necessarily in the fandom) who haven't been all that disappointed by her at this point and who eagerly await anything new from her or the band. I'm not implying that we're better people, but we are.

As you mentioned, criticism from fans can be good for a musician, and that's what a lot of this could be seen as. I understand that it seems like some people get carried away at times, but I suppose it makes sense if one of their favorite musicians is consistently releasing stuff they don't like. Some people are bitter, but for the most part they're just upset that Ringo hasn't been reaching the standard she's set in the past.

Anyways, we've all grown to appreciate each other around here for the most part. There are some heated topics, but whatevs. It's an internet forum.

Hope to see you around more!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 10:38 PM   #5
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
come on people she needs some support!!
Does she? yeah like thanks for making that album I didn't like kinda support??? that kinda hypnotic support is the domain of fanboys I'm a human not a robot so when I don't like something I'm gonna pipe up about it! and you said that like she was on the ropes or something when she's still doing rather well, strange.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 01:13 AM   #6
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this forum has NOTHING on the tori amos @ forum. those people are CRAZZZZZY. besides, any forum that is full of adoring loving fans doesn't really deserve much attention or respect, IMO, I think if we just sat around and jerked each other off this forum would suck. and we all know ringo doesn't read what her fans write or really care what they think otherwise I'm sure she would not have allowed Variety to be released. unless it was as some sick joke like a kind of "told you so" since her stupid japanese fans told her to stfu and let the band compose. WORST. MISTAKE.EVER.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 02:24 AM   #7
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

*ShinjiPG remembers the Utada forums*

@flufllie: Didn't you not like Yokyou and Ariamaru Tomi? I keep asking myself if you're really still that guy who loves every release or just the shitty releases
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 04:58 AM   #8
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I adore this forum. It's sort of added a kind of meta-ness to listening to Shiina Ringo's music.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 04:59 AM   #9
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I didn't like Expo's rendition of Yokyou.. it had the cheesy Expo-Blackout feel to it. Also, the melody seems forced. So maybe I don't like it.
I didn't really listen to it too many times.

As for Ariamaru Tomi, I have no idea why people keep saying I don't like it. :O
I said I wasn't going to judge it at this point, but not that I didn't like how it sounded. After listening to more of it, it sounds like it's going to be pretty nice.. but I'm still hesitant to form my opinion at this point.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 05:25 AM   #10
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
No wonder why she hates internet fan sites and set up the rules on her website to avoid them. come on people she needs some support!!
Really? When did that happen?
This is official. SR hates us. She's taking revenge on us! That explains everything!