Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.08.04, 06:34 PM   #111
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE, Marie Antoinette, V For Vendetta

Originally Posted by justriingo
And Marie Antoinette is just... like Adult. Big budget, poor ideas.
My only problem with the movie was that it's ending could've had way more impact on the viewers if it didn't just cut out like that. Overall it was an enjoyable experience, though. Seeing her in all of those different dresses was a treat. :d

Last edited by bromithia : 2007.08.04 at 06:37 PM.
Old 2007.08.04, 07:02 PM   #112
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

The second movie is my fav trash movie EVER!

Doom and Dead or Alive are close, but not quite as good.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.08.04, 07:09 PM   #113
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Best trash movie ever is Crank. Check it out, it know exactly what it is and it's none stop brilliance. Even the plot outline is brilliant: A guy (Jason Stratham, no less) get's injected so that he dies unless he keeps his adrenalin and heart rate up. It is hilarious. He's in his girlfriends appartment, for example and he realises his heart is relaxing so he IRON'S HIS HAND. Brilliant. Aside from that you've got mad police chases, and sex in a market.
Old 2007.08.05, 07:12 PM   #114
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I just saw 300 yesterday and it is one of my favorite movies. Some parts of the plot were pretty predictable but the fighting and the visuals were awesome. Although that 3d wolf in the beginning of the movie could have been WAY better compared to everything else in the movie.
Old 2007.08.05, 07:21 PM   #115
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, the wolf was pretty stinky. I agree that it was a good movie though. Kinda makes me want to buy it, but I doubt I'll rewatch it on my own.
Old 2007.08.05, 07:52 PM   #116
HEDOfloe

Now actually, I thought about it and it is NOT one of my favorite movies. I guess that was just a quick reaction to watching it because it is pretty cool. But when you said that you probably would not watch it again it made me think that I probably won't either.
Old 2007.08.06, 04:46 AM   #117
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I finally watched The Prestige today, and wow.

I predicted most of Hugh Jackman's secret awhile before it was revealed. The trapdoor was the giveaway because if the character were actually teleporting, why would he have needed it?
I couldn't predict Christian Bale's secret, but I fully understood it after it was revealed and I'm not jumping to conclusions and mixing it up with Hugh Jackman's secret. I have a fresh enough recollection of all the fine details in the movie that I couldn't gain any extra insight or appreciation toward Bale's secret if I were to watch the movie again. Fight Club is a more rewarding movie to revisit, but I can understand why many people would feel compelled to revisit The Prestige.

Tesla and Hugh Jackman were both absentminded professors. If I were either one of those two, I would've been duplicating gold. If I were Tesla, I would've quietly duplicated gold, told Hugh Jackman that the project was a 'failure', and then I would've paid back Jackman in full, and with interest. If I were Hugh Jackman and intent on staying in show business instead of duplicating gold, I would've duplicated myself only once ever, then done the twin act throughout my career.

It also occurred to me that it may have never been Hugh Jackman's Plan A, to frame Christian Bale for murder. Once Bale was in the basement and shouting for help, the Jackman duplicate not showing his face, was Plan B, or else he'd have to reveal a shocking secret to the world.

A couple notes of bullshit though:
Why would the Bale twins go to the trouble of cutting the fingers, and then NOT be showing that off?
And why did Hugh Jackman's character actually VANISH in the middle of the electricity with NO TRAPDOOR, when he was doing a special demonstration in the empty stage hall? I'm also assuming that's the way everyone else (audience members) saw it too. He could've at least put a curtain in the front. 50 yards in three seconds, is STILL impressive, even if you didn't actually SEE the person vanish.

Last edited by Glathannus : 2007.08.06 at 04:50 AM.
Old 2007.08.06, 04:51 AM   #118
HEDOfloe

Maybe I should revisit that movie to know what you are talking about because I really don't remember all those details @_@.
Old 2007.08.06, 06:08 AM   #119
golem09

In the last third of the movie I got suspicious and already guessed that
the assisant was a twin brother, but it was darn impressive

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.08.07, 12:56 AM   #120
golem09

Oh I just remembered how much I love this movei:

I heart Huckabees

I you haven't seen it, go watch it. It's one of the best ever. Schwarzman + Jude Law + Naomi Watts + Dustin Hoffman + Isabelle Huppert = great
And the soundrack is AWE-some

MyAnimelist
Closed Thread