Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2012.06.29, 11:34 PM   #41
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

The version of that ice cream song (the one given to chiaki, i forget the name) made me shed 2 whole tears. I loved it
SoulExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.30, 06:42 AM   #42
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by SoulExperience View Post
The version of that ice cream song (the one given to chiaki, i forget the name) made me shed 2 whole tears. I loved it
it's probably Oishii Kisetsu, the ice cream song is the cover the boys did
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.30, 08:49 AM   #43
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oishii kitesu is the most heartfelt song about bukkake ever. Amirite?
Old 2012.07.01, 01:16 PM   #44
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
The mix was terrible, the orchestra rarely fit in and Ukigumo's vocals ruined Omatsuri Sawagi. Seriously, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have Ukigumo sing 80% of Omatsuri Sawagi?
This is Tokyo Jihen whose primary legacy is to stamp all over anything that once was good.
Old 2012.07.01, 04:19 PM   #45
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

On second viewing, I think it’s better than Discovery. Discovery only had about one or two really good performances. I think the setlist is the worst thing about it: a whopping four Kameda tracks, plus songs that they’ve performed enough or have peaked or both or they can’t get the hang of (Kachi Ikusa...boy). It’s a shame that we may have gotten the worst night of BV, especially as you have to roll dice to determine SR’s quality of vocals.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.02, 12:08 PM   #46
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

I think it's the definitive Phase 2 release, but it does kinda run out of gas in the last third. There's the big intro, the color bars songs, and the orchestra set and then it's pretty much the band playing a bunch of songs they've played before without anything to distinguish them as being special.

If someone hadn't heard ULTRA C or Discovery, they'd still be really happy with the show I think.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.03, 08:38 PM   #47
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by thefro View Post
If someone hadn't heard ULTRA C or Discovery, they'd still be really happy with the show I think.
Just got around to watching ULTRA C solely because of all the comparisons being drawn and having only seen partial clips of it. Man, that concert has by far the cleanest presentation (if not a little visually flat) and more importantly the strongest tail end of any Phase 2 concert even when you count Senkou Shoujo. Still not a fan of the first half, but then again when you lead with Kachi - FAIR - Denpa you're waging an uphill battle just to reset the standard of quality.

Then I actually watched Dynamite Out (turns out I had only seen Dynamite In) for the Phase 1 comparison. Well holy shit.

Beforehand I had only recently seen Discovery and can vaguely remember Spa and Treatment from long ago, so when I saw Bon Voyage it was like "oh, it's like Discovery with more novelty but a crappier ending, that's still cool I guess". But now? ffffffff

I guess all I have to do now is watch Just Can't Help It, so help me god if it's better than BV.

EDIT: A few song swaps and more effort with the audio mixing could have honestly put it on par with Ultra C. Diving into the back catalog or lent songs more and driving up the energy could have made it Phase 2's Dynamite Out.

Last edited by Positron : 2012.07.03 at 08:50 PM.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.04, 12:10 AM   #48
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

JCHI is still the worst one. If Virgin Line was an official DVD then that is truly the best though, phase 1 or 2. IMO of course.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.07.04 at 03:40 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.04, 03:22 PM   #49
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I don't know exactly where I'd place this concert in the ranks but I felt the later half's decline in energy put put me off some. Overall, the "Sports" songs were the best thing about the concert for me. I'd have loved a Yume no Uta or Kimura ending. I still detest new Gunjo Biyori- but that pick throw to the crowd made a great gif.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.04, 07:30 PM   #50
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
JCHI is still the worst one. If Virgin Line was an official DVD then that is truly the best though, phase 1 or 2. IMO of course.
no way. are we forgetting Spa and Treatment?

if you are only ranking the sonic quality/performance aspect, I can understand, but for sheer entertainment value and production values, Spa and Treatment is easily their worst. For me, I take all aspects into consideration. The performance on JCHI isn't nearly as bad as everyone here makes it out to be and it at least has some very dark and sleek production elements to the show. Spa and Treatment was just....sometimes I just want to find her stylist and slap them.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote