Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.27, 10:00 AM   #11
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Funny how you have him as one of your favorite artists on MySpace, begged him to rejoin TJ on his MySpace, and once said he'd be your favorite artist, above Ringo, if he could sing better. Not too bad for somebody whose music sucks, huh?
I do? That's really old, but I haven't actually used MySpace in a long time unless I need to browse the random page on there. I just checked that, he is NOT under "favorite artists" he is just on MUSIC, meaning I have listened to him. Under no means have I ever listened to his albums more than once, with the exception of BKGV. And yeah, he should come back to TJ because HIS music sucks. Do you even remember my post on his MySpace?? I added a photo of him back in the band? If anything, it was an insult to his solo career.

You already know I can't get over how horribly he sings, we have discussed this so many times before.
I'm sure you know that I would have no problem with his songs if he had a better vocalist. So, I don't really see where I was at fault? My firm belief is that Hirama Mikio in Tokyo Jihen = good. Hirama Mikio releasing crappy solo albums = baaaaad.

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.09.27 at 10:57 AM.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 10:43 AM   #12
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Tokyo Jihen lost both kidneys at the same time when Hirama and HZM did a double whammy and left at the same time. In replacement, they got a dialysis machine. A high tech one, but its still a machine. It works fine, but doesn't beat a real kidney.
That is the best comparison I've heard in a long time.

Hirama ftw!

+__.+ `O´ '_' >__< -__-

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 11:18 AM   #13
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Thread receives my approval solely because the first post includes an Ippu-Do vid.

Unfortunately, the only videos of Ippu-Do that exist are from their earlier period. Their true brilliance doesn't start to emerge until their 3rd album, Radio Fantasy. I like that song "Mysterious Night" that you posted, but it isn't all that representative of his skill (or even style--though he did have a bit of a reggae influence going on at times). I can upload Night Mirage and the live album Live and Zen (I would kill for a video of this concert...) for you later, if you'd like. Actually, in terms of guitar playing, his best work is probably on his solo album (basically an Ippu-Do album) Rice Music.

There should be a "September Love" (their most popular and most pop song) video on youtube (probably an abbreviated version). It's fairly representative of his guitar style, and it's a LOT closer to Uki, I think. Tsuchiya's style is clean and funky (with plenty of wammy action), and his solos are out of control (lots of finger tapping and soaring e-bow-esque wailing). Although, I don't like Uki because he makes me think of Tsuchiya--he doesn't all that much, really. Tsuchiya is a lot more new wave.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 12:28 PM   #14
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, I love Hirama's work in phase one and I also think DO is their best performance. I hate it when people bring up the fact that Kyouiku was produced to have bad audio quality because it does not stop it from being an awesome album and does not take anything away from the music. I think better quality could only add to it but I don't think it lost anything without it since it is still one of my favorite albums.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 12:34 PM   #15
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Well, I love Hirama's work in phase one and I also think DO is their best performance. I hate it when people bring up the fact that Kyouiku was produced to have bad audio quality because it does not stop it from being an awesome album and does not take anything away from the music. I think better quality could only add to it but I don't think it lost anything without it since it is still one of my favorite albums.
Ditto. I also am tired of people shitting on Kyoiku.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 12:41 PM   #16
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Stop shitting on Kyouiku and stop over-rating Adult (to the general masse). How bout that deal?

And how the eff did Kyoiku's sound quality come up?
Old 2007.09.27, 12:46 PM   #17
HEDOfloe

I meant you.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
the only competition was an album that sounded like it went through a garbage disposal before reaching our ears .
Why do you always have to bring this up? It's an awesome album that does not need an excuse. I don't think I've seen anyone say they did not like kyouiku because of the production. I have, though, seen people say they would have liked it more if it had better production but thats not a big deal.

And no one is over-rating ADULT, they genuinely love it. Its only crime is that you did not like it. You can't say it doesn't have good anything. I don't think you are over-rating pre-kzk Ringo just because you mention it all the time. I just see that you like it plenty.
Old 2007.09.27, 12:52 PM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yet you dig it out of an entirely different thread. It is a big deal cuz it could be seen as a much better album than it generally is regarded.

And I'm meaning you too, cuz you are under the impression Adult is a "masterpiece" which is gross over-rating.

BACK ON TOPIC
Hirama totally pwns the praised Uki-style on Sounan. And does it without sounding lame and supid.
Old 2007.09.27, 01:53 PM   #19
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Yet you dig it out of an entirely different thread. It is a big deal cuz it could be seen as a much better album than it generally is regarded.

And I'm meaning you too, cuz you are under the impression Adult is a "masterpiece" which is gross over-rating.

BACK ON TOPIC
Hirama totally pwns the praised Uki-style on Sounan. And does it without sounding lame and supid.
I just said I hate when people bring it up, regardless of what thread it was in. When have you ever heard anyone say anything bad about it other than the audio quality for you to say that it is not regarded highly enough? I think you are the one who said that it was only made better because of DO. So I think you are the one who does not regard it high enough on its own.

What does it matter if I think ADULT is a masterpiece?

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
And no one is over-rating ADULT, they genuinely love it. Its only crime is that you did not like it. You can't say it doesn't have good anything. I don't think you are over-rating pre-kzk Ringo just because you mention it all the time. I just see that you like it plenty.
DO you have something bad about it to say other than it's not pleasing to you? I think this album is far from criticism and just in the realm of who likes it or not. The only criticisms I remember are about Uki's playing, tone, etc. which just as many, if not more, love. It's not like he played things the wrong way or in a cheap way, some people just did not like how it sounded.

EDIT: BACK ON TOPIC
Hirama is HIGHLY praised, its just that he is way in the past so he is less talked about. Unlike uki-haters, anyone who has said they did not like Kyouki never say it's because of Hirama. They just don't like the kind of music the same way Uki-haters do not like ADULT's kind of music but blame Uki for it. Not saying that he shouldn't/can't be blamed, but he is not the only think people dislike about ADULT (if there even is such a person @_@).
Old 2007.09.27, 02:00 PM   #20
Tokyo Jihad

Hey, an actual minority would take Uki over Hirama, so theres clearly something he was doing right (or by rational the other doing something wrong.)

And its not a good practice to almost randomly bring up other thread's stuff. DO is how Kyoiku should have sounded. End of "Kyoiku sounds like ass" discussion. For further research, ask Glath to delineate the many ways Kyoiku sounds below sub-par.