Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.03.21, 01:47 PM   #41
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ahh, it's beautiful.. Thanks 70!
This'll be my homepage for a while.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.22, 12:42 AM   #42
70a

70a pleased at least somebody

; ) I'm very happy you enjoy it~

There any news about a new album, will be make in 2009?
70a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.22, 10:14 AM   #43
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

thanks 70a.
Old 2009.03.22, 11:37 AM   #44
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by 70a View Post
There any news about a new album, will be make in 2009?
It's hard to say. Most Petrolz news isn't translated into English, so it's difficult for me to follow them too closely. I only found out about EVE2009 the day before it was released because I happened to see one of their new songs on nicovideo. If I do ever find anything out though, I'll post it in this thread.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.23, 06:55 AM   #45
70a

70a pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by pariscombo View Post
thanks 70a.
XD~

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
It's hard to say. Most Petrolz news isn't translated into English, so it's difficult for me to follow them too closely. I only found out about EVE2009 the day before it was released because I happened to see one of their new songs on nicovideo. If I do ever find anything out though, I'll post it in this thread.
official site will notice many news, but many news was told in live.
I used nearly 1 month to get the album eve2009. Thanks a Japanese petrolz fan's help.

p.s.
I want some communicat with petrolz fan.I hope you don't mind My poor English. Thanks a lot.
70a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.05, 05:24 PM   #46
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I didn't care for amber because I've heard a hundred other RnB songs like it, but I *really* liked the b-side. I can see that Uki really loves his Motown, becausethis song's hook made me feel nostalgic. So I take it back when I said that Hirama writes better Motown-inspired songs than Uki. Plenty of cheese, but it's clearly his forte.

As for EVE...

OK, the first song was my favourite track from H2-D2. Now I'll say something: when I joined here, it probably seemed that I immediately hopped on the Uki bandwagon. That is because I genuinely do not like the plucking (*Most* of the time). I literally shudder, LITERALLY shudder, when I listen to Toumei Ningen. One thing about me is that I don't like people poking/tapping me on the shoulder. I hate it. One of my friends used to constantly do this to me on purpose and I'd lose it (Uh-oh, we're getting into New Journalism territory here). This is how Toumei Ningen felt. Well, the guitar here offends me to DEATH, but I really like the song. It's kind of funky. A hundred times more funky than Botoumin.

Ukigumo sings about his ex-girlfriend in the second track. It's not a bad song, but it's very typical. Better than the stuff you would get at, say, the BET awards, but that's not saying much. The final track also makes me nostalgic, which I didn't think Uki could ever do. I don't mind if Uki keeps writing more Motowny songs, as long as he tones down the cheese. There's this vaguely 'experimental' bit towards the end, too. Plus Uki acoustic.

I think EVE2009 is just OK. It's not horrible (Two songs I really like from this collection of songs, too) . I don't see TJ doing any of these songs, but as expected, he does much better here than in Variety (And Karada, which is close to Petrolz style). Oh, there's one thing that I do like about Uki's singing -- He intentionally 'mispronounces' the Japanese r sound in some places. Instead of the rolled Japanese r, he pronounces r how an English person would. I think that's cool =X

Rashipoki made me a tad optimistic, but listening to EVE2009 made me think how awkward a combination Phase 2 are. This guy has a very specific style, and I feel that Variety forced Uki to be a playful, genre-twisting-bending-fusing songwriter like Shiina is. Which he can't do (While Hirama can, if his solo albums are any indication). In the next TJ album, I would like him to do more EVE2009 songs, perhaps with some assistance with Shiina. Maybe only then we'll get some Ichijiku no Hana quality tracks. Oh, and build upon the MaruSad style (I was disappointed that I didn't hear more of that kind of arrangement in EVE).

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.06 at 01:53 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.05, 07:29 PM   #47
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Id edit that bit about certain forum members out. I think you missed your mark on that one.
Old 2009.10.06, 01:29 AM   #48
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

+1 on the missed mark.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.06, 02:07 AM   #49
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What? I was joking. I didn't mean any offense by it whatsoever. It's not personal, it's not name-calling, it's not -- oh, I'm probably over stepping my mark because I haven't been here long enough.

Any excuse for conflict, eh
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.06, 03:01 AM   #50
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
What? I was joking. I didn't mean any offense by it whatsoever. It's not personal, it's not name-calling, it's not -- oh, I'm probably over stepping my mark because I haven't been here long enough.

Any excuse for conflict, eh
Length of EMF membership has no bearing on what you can get away with Scribble. Contrary to what it may say on my avatar we've been members for about the same time (give or take a month) and I wouldn't feel comfortable writing that kinda remark about another forum member. It's really unnecessary and just reads like a cheap shot to me? it doesn't have to be there and if it was me who was being mentioned for no reason like that I'd be pretty pissed regardless of how harmless it's meant to be.

I disagree about the "any excuse" statement too, nobody wants to fight over stuff like this at all (not worth the typing) you should just wipe it and that's the end of it.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote