Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.11.30, 11:14 PM   #41
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sorry I have to vent my frustration once more... well at least until they reply to my angry angry email...

dslkfjksdhfiytewrghjdfjhfguysjhrghjsgb
vmcxnbvjhgryeuitueirjfkdfdn,mncnxbjkfdhguiekjhjkfdhguyre
Old 2008.12.01, 03:36 AM   #42
Jesse

Ok... weird. My friend in Sweden got a CD box instead of a DVD box... we might trade. XD

(That's if he's willing to give up the more expensive of the too... and if I can figure out a good way to ship this over to Sweden)
Old 2008.12.01, 03:41 AM   #43
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Those boxes are near identical in appearance, maybe the guys at the depot had no idea what they were packing up when they shipped them out ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.01, 04:21 AM   #44
Jesse

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Those boxes are near identical in appearance, maybe the guys at the depot had no idea what they were packing up when they shipped them out ?
Yeah the only difference is the description on the front sticker. And the Audio CD / DVD Audio logos on the side.
You'd think they could at least read the item number, or scan the barcode on the item sticker. Wonder how many orders got screwed up.
Old 2008.12.01, 06:29 AM   #45
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Really? I've seen the MoRa sets in every store I've gone to and the analogs in every Tower Records and HMV I've been in. The Tower Records in Shibuya has tons of them.

I bought the Muzai analog, but decided to pass on the SS analog for now.
There's sod all around here, I've since ordered it from Yes Asia who have already shipped it. So it should turn up soon.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.01, 01:32 PM   #46
Jesse

Is YesAsia's stock level usually correct? I was wondering if HMV will refund me but don't have stock, if I should be ordering the DVD box from yesasia? (Even though its freaking AU$200)
Old 2008.12.01, 01:34 PM   #47
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I finally received my 'express' shipment today.

With the way HMV Japan clusters everything together in one surround layer of shrinkwrap, without any other packing material between the goods and the outer box, I can't find the merit on how/why they charged me 12,900yen for shipping. I've had a heavier stack of magazines shipped to me from Tokyo for less than that, and that was while oil prices were higher.

I'm not going to use HMV to buy vinyls anymore, unless it's something nobody else has. At least they gave me exactly the items I ordered, after shipping out two days late, and never asking me if I wanted to approve a hiked-up shipping charge.

*edit*

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Is YesAsia's stock level usually correct? I was wondering if HMV will refund me but don't have stock, if I should be ordering the DVD box from yesasia? (Even though its freaking AU$200)
YesAsia can probably be trusted for anything they indicate as "Usually ships in 1-2 days". If they mention more days than that, then the item is on backorder, and YesAsia overestimates backorder availability all the time. I still have my $12 store credit refund from when I tried to buy Stem a couple years ago.

*edit*

The 100-page booklet is a little better than I expected. Lots of alternate shots from old photoshoots, that didn't get featured with the original CD booklets. I wouldn't say the alternate photos are any better or worse, but they're a little refreshing after you've seen the same standard photos hundreds of times. I'm indifferent about the stickers and bonus pieces of paper.

I noticed there's this partitioned-off section of cardboard within the inner box, like you could fit a whole additional 100-page booklet in there, and I was thinking "hmmm, I wonder what's inside, and how you open that up", when upon inspecting it further, I heard an electronic voice come out of the one side of the inner box I hadn't looked at it yet. DUH-uhhhh. They've got to stash the speaker and the light sensor in there somewhere. The voice didn't actually kick in when I first opened the box, because I was in a dimly-lit room.

It's not easy to describe what make the MoRA cardboard sleeves more or less nice compared to cardboard sleeves in other releases, except that the MoRA sleeves are more... two-dimensional (on the front at least). No indentations or creases like you often find with cardboard disc sleeves that are packaged and sold individually. The fronts of the MoRA sleeves are perfectly flat and smooth, like the scans you could get off of these would be at least as good as with the original CD booklets.

Both of the MoRA boxes have the exact same outer dimensions, even though they include a different amount of discs. I haven't opened my CD box, and I don't think I ever will. I'm not going to believe the 44.1kHz/16bit got noticably 'remastered'.
Old 2008.12.01, 06:04 PM   #48
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

What/how is the fold-out poster ?
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.01, 06:28 PM   #49
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

This is what the poster looks like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jihen527-img600x450-1228100896zzbtdi65751.jpg (22.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 2008.12.01, 07:31 PM   #50
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

at the beginning of each dvd Ringo [wearing that wire frame hat from the photo shoot] lip syncs or does some playful motion to kick off the exciting[?] audio visualizer. No motion graphics like the HF dvd. Its the algorithm-based stuff like when you play an audio file on wmp or on a ps3.

it was such a tease, I thought she would stick around for the whole song. The audio is sharper, like a dial was turned up or something to help you pick out every instrument clearer. I'm not saying the sound is better, but the warmth is gone. I think the original cd versions sound better when played through the same sound system. I imagine the analog version sounds wonderful. Digital clarity isnt all that great when it comes to music.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote