Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.06, 08:42 AM   #1
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer
Default KSK vinyl available on eBay

A year ago I would've killed for this opportunity, but then I discovered Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and ended up spending far more on sealed copies, especially since I had to compete with Japanese bidders, who (on average) earn higher wages than American workers such as myself. Deputy service fees including commissions and three-way shipping don't help my wallet either.

I figured someone here might be interested.
I can vouch for the seller because I've bought a Mayonaka wa Junketsu LP off of them before, used. This is the first time I've seen any Ringo or Jihen vinyl other than Mayonaka wa Junketsu, show up on eBay, and I've checked eBay regularly for years. Some people might think $50 is "a rip off", but you have to understand how rare this is, especially from an international availability standpoint.

Aside from having Ichijiku no Hana, a better version of Kuki, and the rest of KSK all in thick warm analog goodness,
KSK is also the sexiest LP on the planet.
Am I right?
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 08:48 AM   #2
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

not worth fitty.

But I'm so hot for one either way.
Old 2007.05.06, 11:45 AM   #3
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

I literally wet myself when I clicked on that link (gross). That's a little on the pricey side, but I received too much financial aid this semester and know exactly to sop up some of those funds. Education, schmeducation; I want that damn vinyl!

Thanks for pointing this out to us, Glath!
Old 2007.05.06, 12:14 PM   #4
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

;__;
pleeease don't do that... I already bid quite a high amount on this one, but I'll have to save up my money for quite a while, if the price goes up... *poorfanboyhere*
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 02:56 PM   #5
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Does anyone even own a vinyl record player these days, besides old fogies, shut-ins, and technophobes? :-)
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 03:16 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

i do, but i may be classefied as one of the above
Old 2007.05.06, 05:17 PM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Does anyone even own a vinyl record player these days, besides old fogies, shut-ins, and technophobes? :-)
After hearing the difference between a $1000 turntable and a $10,000 turntable, I'm too intimidated to buy my own. I do believe vinyls have a potentially better sound than CDs and DVD-As though, but my philosophy doesn't fit into any of your stereotypes. My problem isn't specifically with digital audio in general, but with how subpar the consumer implementation of it is, compared to what it could be. I'm a best-of-both-worlds kind of guy. I'll buy analog products and record them in extreme-resolution digital, to get the convenience and durability of digital, and with most of the richness of vinyl.

I have everyday access to a $10,000 turntable setup. If I'm only playing the vinyl once (to record it in digital), I'm not in any rush to purchase my own turntable, especially since I'm too much of a perfectionist to buy a cheap one, and if the good ones involve me giving up all new luxury/convenience purchases for a year. I take sound quality and freedom very seriously but I'm not that dedicated.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.06, 08:07 PM   #8
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have a turntable, but it doesn't have a built-in amplifier and I don't have a receiver in my room with an amp built in. I would buy an external amp, but I may be getting a receiver from someone pretty soon, so I'll wait just a bit longer before grabbing an external.

This has actually been a tough decision for me, since I have the HF vinyl but no way to listen to it until I purchase a receiver or amp...
Old 2007.05.06, 09:14 PM   #9
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I bought one especially for my 2 SR-Vinyls.

Ah right, and as I said, my maximum bid has been pretty high - so I made it =)

even if I now have to wonder, how I'm going to go through the next month *lol*
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.07, 07:33 AM   #10
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ha gees, in 2007, $50 was a lot for KZK vinyl...

You're not likely to see one under 6000 yen anymore, new or sealed
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote