Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.06.08, 08:00 PM   #21
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

BUT WHAT DOES THE MOLE MEAN?
I'm guessing that's the reason they shot her primarily from the right side, to be coy about it. Interesting stuff.

But yeah, this is super tight. Hard to believe that we've had two excellent Ringo songs in just one month. That hasn't happened since like, 2009.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.08, 08:18 PM   #22
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Nice, first press comes with a poster/slipcase.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-36788
Old 2013.06.10, 01:44 PM   #23
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think the return of the mole is just Ringo saying, 'hey, remember the time I died?' rather than 'it's time for solo career again!'
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.11, 09:52 AM   #24
Narimiya

Narimiya is headed in the right direction

already preordered my copy together with irohanihoheto single!
Narimiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.12, 11:34 AM   #25
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

question: how does CD Japan handle posters? the poster is gorge but if they are gonna deliver it all folded up i'd rather not order it at all haha
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.12, 12:01 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

In my experiences, CD Japan never folds merchandise. They will send you a long box, if the rolled-up poster exceeds the dimensions of the other merchandise in your shipment. At worst, CD Japan might bend the promotional Ringo/Jihen plastic folders they've offered before, but they've never gone so far so to fold anything (aside from packing materials, of course).
Old 2013.06.14, 07:35 PM   #27
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So this single has been released digitally early just like Ironhanihoheto (song only, without the extra tracks). Am I to assume this is just the new thing that's going to happen with all Ringo related singles from now on?

Also, turns out that it's actually shorter than the PV once the intro sound and silence at the end were taken out.
Old 2013.06.14, 08:25 PM   #28
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Am I to assume [early digital releasing] is just the new thing that's going to happen with all Ringo related singles from now on?
You could be right about the digital-versus-physical timing of Shiina Ringo's next releases, but this particular single is evidence only of what we should expect from SAPS.

Even if this kind of release cycle truly boiled down to specific artists more than which record label were involved, SAPS alone would be enough to justify an early digital release (they've done these before - without Shiina Ringo). I'm pretty sure this would've happened anyway, no matter who SAPS was paired up with.
Old 2013.06.17, 06:49 AM   #29
filthfate

filthfate pleased at least somebody

It's sold out on cdjapan .....
where else can i pre-order this with the poster?
Help...
filthfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.17, 07:55 AM   #30
Glathannus
True Final Boss

If money is no object, and you don't want to take any chances, you can try Tower Records Japan (they have a listing specifically for first-press), via a deputy service (because TRJ doesn't ship internationally). They're the only other major vendor who makes distinctions about first and second press. Barring that, you can wait for first-press copies (or the poster on its own) to show up at eBay.

Another possibility is to place your order with CD Japan anyway, and if (upon the day of release) it turns out there are more first-press copies than they had originally thought, then you are next in the queue to get one. CD Japan distributes first-press copies to whoever the first buyers were, and they don't lose track of whether you're the 20th or 30th buyer, even though right now it may seem like you would be no different than any other customer trying to pre-order this late.

I've had pre-orders with CD Japan upgraded to first-press before. I can't guarantee that will happen for you (the more you hesitate - the further back on the queue you are), but it's not as if any of the other vendors who deliver internationally (like Amazon Japan, HMV Japan, or YesAsia) will make guarantees either. With the other vendors, first-press is something you get randomly (regardless of how early or late you were in pre-ordering), and you never get external bonuses.