Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.05.13, 02:16 PM   #11
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, but I think that makes him more annoying than somebody to be hated, because I think he has a good side too. He often states the obvious. Things a lot of the survivors tend to not bring up, like "Yeah... we're only stuck on an island with a bunch of nutters and some killer smoke" whereas other people act as if nothing is wrong... as if these are normal occurrences. I also think he can be pretty funny. The Claire paranoia thing was quite annoying, but I think they've toned it down this season. Particularly after the Claire drowning episode.
Old 2007.05.15, 07:50 AM   #12
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, Charlie used to be pretty annoying. I actually thought the piano flashback (the one you said you liked, golem) was pretty lame. That was my least favorite episode at the time. When Charlie kept switching between drug mode and clean mode, I seriously just wanted them to kill him. Now I think he's one of the better characters.

And I suppose what you said is true, InWh. I guess the people from the other side of the island were only there for a little while, so they wouldn't have made too much of an effect on anyone (besides the obvious cases).

So anyway, what do you think about Locke? I don't think he's dead, but whatevs.

Kind of a spoiler, but not really:

I read in TV Guide magazine at work that 5 main characters are going to die in the finale, or the next episode. I'm not really sure how many episodes are left. If this is true, that's really crazy.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 08:30 AM   #13
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I don't think Locke is dead neither. Did you see Jacob sitting on the chair? I read about the 5 deaths quite a while ago. There are 2 episodes left, with the second being the 2 hour finale. I predict there'll be either 2 survivor deaths (Charlie, Sayid or Kate?) and 1 others death, or 2 major Others deaths (Ben, Juliet, Mikhail, Richard or Tom) and 1 survivor death plus 2 minor others/survivors that don't have much screentime. Maybe Penny too...
Old 2007.05.15, 09:31 AM   #14
fluffiethesock

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I don't think Locke is dead neither. Did you see Jacob sitting on the chair? I read about the 5 deaths quite a while ago. There are 2 episodes left, with the second being the 2 hour finale. I predict there'll be either 2 survivor deaths (Charlie, Sayid or Kate?) and 1 others death, or 2 major Others deaths (Ben, Juliet, Mikhail, Richard or Tom) and 1 survivor death plus 2 minor others/survivors that don't have much screentime. Maybe Penny too...

I did, however, read that the characters who are going to die will be unexpected, and that they'll be characters you've grown to love. I can't imagine they'd kill Claire or Sun because of their babies, but maybe they'll get rid of Kate since she's not necessarily pregnant. That would make Sawyer's character even cooler. They'd better not kill him though..

At this point, thinking of different combinations of characters who don't really matter too much to the story, or whose pasts have been revealed about as much as you'd care to see, I think I'm bound to be upset one way or the other.
Old 2007.05.15, 10:38 AM   #15
Inaudible-Whisper

I've heard there'll be 3 major deaths, and 2 minor deaths but we have been introduced to all characters by name. Would you class the likes of Mikhail, Tom and Richard as minor? I have a feeling at least one of the big 3 - Jack, Sawyer and Kate will die. Out of those, I really hope it isn't Sawyer.

I also read from somebody that leaked out big spoilers about the finale (I didn't read them!) that we will get the biggest revelation Lost has given us yet, and that the finale will be astounding. Woo, Lost tomorrow and the Halo 3 beta begins. Best day ever! For a week... then the finale will be the best day ever.
Old 2007.05.15, 10:44 AM   #16
fluffiethesock

Ahhhh I'm going to die! I can't wait! 24 and Lost both end next week...

And yeah, I think the Others that you mentioned are pretty minor. I don't think they'll kill Richard though, unless they want you to learn more about him in other people's flashbacks like they did with Libby and Ethan.
Old 2007.05.15, 11:35 AM   #17
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Lost Ep 10
24 Ep 15 (I will watch 16&17 right after this post)

I like both shows and I really don't want them to end. I think after this I will buy the second season of Battlestar Galactica (Seems like no station wants to broadcast this show). Well, I have enough to watch...

3 deaths?

Charlie, Jack, Jin would be possible (Nobody expects Jin, I guess^^)

I hope it isn't Locke, Sawyer or Desmond, I really love these guys

And for me the biggest event next week will be the end of Heroes. It will be great. I know^^

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 05:08 PM   #18
Inaudible-Whisper

Yes, I was going to mention Heroes. I don't know how I'll survive without my weekly Lost, 24 and Heroes. All ending in the same week! And Battlestar Galactica season 2 is superb! The last episode will blow you away!

Aint it cool news put up a full spoiler synopsis of the finale earlier (Now pulled) which I was pleased to stay strong and NOT read, but a few of my friends did. Without giving anything away they said that this finale blows the other 2 out of the water, and that there is a revelation that will blow our minds and change the format of Lost completely for the next 3 seasons! God... I can't wait!
Old 2007.05.15, 06:29 PM   #19
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Aint it cool news put up a full spoiler synopsis of the finale earlier (Now pulled) which I was pleased to stay strong and NOT read, but a few of my friends did. Without giving anything away they said that this finale blows the other 2 out of the water, and that there is a revelation that will blow our minds and change the format of Lost completely for the next 3 seasons! God... I can't wait!

I can almost feel the excitement, but not yet. I get one episode per week just like you, but we are at epsiode 10. So this will have to wait...

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 06:47 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I can almost feel the excitement, but not yet. I get one episode per week just like you, but we are at epsiode 10. So this will have to wait...
You have some great episodes to watch. The latter half of Season 3 is much better than the first, in my opinion. Not a single weak episode after the dodgy Jack-tattoo one.

Speaking of those episodes... where is that sheriff woman? Hiding in a tent?