Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.12.24, 10:29 AM   #1
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal
Default Your New Music Of 2007!

Ok, so what's the best artist/band you discovered this year for the first time?

Mine would be like this:

1. The Observatory (Thanks justriiingo!)
2. Capsule (Thanks justriiingo!)
3. Maia Hirasawa (Thanks Linnea!)

I'm pretty content with this selection. A great year for my personal music library. Thanks @all in this forum for broadening my musical horizon!

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2007.12.24 at 10:41 AM.
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 10:53 AM   #2
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

1. Asobi Seksu, largely due to a conversation on here between (I think) Maou and justriingo regarding 'Citrus' (Maou said something like "It's the most consistent album I've heard all year, aside from 2 weak tracks toward the end")

2. Elliot Smith - Just seen his name pop up in quite a lot of places. Checked him out, and I like.

3. Prefab Sprout - A gaming Journalist at 1up.com recommended them as one of the most underrated bands of the 80's. Got their greatest hits. Love it.

4. Veruca Salt - Been listening to some Nina Gordon solo albums for a while, and decided to check out her previous band. Veruca Salt's album 'Eight Arms to Hold You' turned out to be one of the better albums I listened to this year.

5. Rush - I didn't really discover them this year. YYZ was always a favourite on Guitar Hero 2, but this year I decided to get two of their albums and they're brilliant.

6. Jakobínarína - If you like the likes of The Hives, check them out. Really catchy and fun icelandic rock. Discovered them on another forums "Currently listening to" thread.
Old 2007.12.24, 11:10 AM   #3
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Architecture In Helsinki and Rilo Kiley. Both great bands.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 01:03 PM   #4
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah, Rilo Kiley I saw them live in October.

The two artists that I really got into in 2007 (after having maybe a handful of their songs before) were Spitz and Mai Hoshimura. An artist I got into this year without having heard any of their stuff before was Keane.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 01:25 PM   #5
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I actually found a lot of my favorite bands this year!! It was a great music-related year for me. My number artist being Shiina Ringo and TJ which I found in February. Then these I found on my own also:

2. The Strokes
3. The Hives

A couple of other bands I actually found through playing the two Guitar Hero games . Baboo also introduced me to PE'Z, which I love. Vayerism introduced me to capsule which is awesome, but I haven't heard them too much. There were many other bands that were introduced to me from members here also, but not my favorites. I'm glad that I've been able to be introduced to so many different music groups from going to a forum that is devoted to one
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 02:03 PM   #6
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

Unfortunately, I didn't branch out too much like I usually do, but artists that I did discover this year was SUEMITSU and the Suemith. I remember I had his album on repeat for days. Another artist was Kanjani8, a JE boyband that kinda sucked me into the world of JE.
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 02:06 PM   #7
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kojima mayumi, in the begining of 2007 I downloaded that Spitz tribute album, and OMG how is good O_O !!!
so emule let me touch in whatever I want to touch, and I loved everything by her

Capsule, also, I already heard some songs sometime ago, so everyone was talking about it here, and someone upload the discography on jpopsuki

there are more, but I can't remember >_<
so that's it!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 03:41 PM   #8
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

I'm surprised so many people are just now discovering Capsule. I remember back when Retro Memory came out XD Good song, and album
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 04:57 PM   #9
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Asobi Seksu, The Blow, Sally Shapiro, LCD soundsystem, Black Kids, The Pipettes, M.I.A.

1. Asobi Seksu- Their sound so heavenly that I don't really care that I can't make out the words.
2. Black Kids - My god, their EP is fantastic. I'm checking night and date for news of an album. Great throwback sound and lyrics. And I was really surprised when I learned that the lead singer was black.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 05:13 PM   #10
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ hmm, I found out about The Pipettes this year too. They are pretty fun to listen to
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote