Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2010.02.09, 01:33 AM   #11
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

someone (who is AMAZING) upped hikari no circus to youtube complete with a download link to the mp3 in 320. check it out:

ひかりのサーカス
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 06:13 AM   #12
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I just compared that with last (or last last?) year's "Zero", and she definitely changed her way of singing now, didn't she?
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.11, 02:12 AM   #13
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
^ I just compared that with last (or last last?) year's "Zero", and she definitely changed her way of singing now, didn't she?
haha, yeah, that would be an understatement. Amano Tsukiko was a persona and a project of hers. I think she definitely likes being a rocker chick (based on her blog and personal interests, she likes a lot of 80's hair metal and such), but after a while I think she wanted to try different things. She has been composing various pop and lighter stuff for artists Otokura is mentoring, and she has also continued as an artist and illustrator with Marchen Rock, her label. This song was released as the first "song book" which is a song paired with a 20 page illustrated story, presented together on a cd. I don't think they will all be so cutesy and childish, but a lot of what she has been drawing recently has been kind of cutesy, I expect her to explore other styles.

then again, she also has another musical project going on called Marchenrock (same as her label), which she said will be her writing lyrics to music brought to her by other people (friends and such). She has a song from marchenrock on Otokura's sample cd coming out called Plastic Rain and it sounds more classic Amano Tsukiko. So who knows.

Also, if you never heard her mini-album NOISE, you gotta check that out. It was billed as her indies best album, but it was really an opportunity to release the song NOISE, which she didn't include on her last album. It is her early independent singles plus NOISE and one of the first songs she wrote and the reason why she was given a record deal at Otokura. NOISE, the song itself though, is probably her best composition from the final era. I like ZERO the album, but I like her harder music and NOISE was a nice hard power ballad.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote