Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists
View Poll Results: global domination?
Japan 15 32.61%
United States of America 6 13.04%
United Kingdom 15 32.61%
Australia 0 0%
Canada 2 4.35%
Scandinavia 4 8.70%
Latin America 1 2.17%
Central Eurasia 2 4.35%
South and East Asia 0 0%
Africa 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.04.10, 09:21 PM   #11
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh wow, Justriiingo! @_@ You know a lot about music!! I had no idea that half of the artists you mentioned came from each region of the world. You learn something(s) new every day!

But what kind of movement do you mean, concerning Clazziquai Project and Roller Coaster? o_o

(I liked the Spice Girls... >_<) *runs away*
Old 2007.04.10, 09:31 PM   #12
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
But what kind of movement do you mean, concerning Clazziquai Project and Roller Coaster? o_o

(I liked the Spice Girls... >_<) *runs away*
Actually, I liked the Spice Girls too. But that was waaay back when I was ten. :p

I think the movement thing could be my own misinterpretation. Because Korean music to me was always sappy ballads and that H.O.T type of thing, so when I first heard Roller Coaster (and subsequently Clazziquai) I was rather impressed. It's something different; music created for the love of music and not because they want to make money. I like them both, but I much prefer Roller Coaster.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.10 at 09:58 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 09:59 PM   #13
badtzmaru

Yeah, I know what you mean about the ballads. >_< I'm not a big fan of them, and I think that they're still a big part of Korean music scene even now. I wonder how you found out about Roller Coaster though, since they're not very big. o_o Clazziquai became really popular through that My Name is Kim Sam-Soon drama, so it's funny that you found out about them the other way. XD This goes for every country, but Korea's good artists are really hard to find since they're usually not that famous.

Alex's voice is my favorite male's voice ever... *_* Do you think it's better than that LUNA SEA vocalist you like? XD
Old 2007.04.10, 10:12 PM   #14
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

(seriously going off-topic here)
ha I'm always the statistical anomaly when it comes to discovering artists. I first heard of Roller Coaster from MTV Taiwan (which was broadcasted in Singapore), they were playing the song Rainbow. Found out about Clazziquai through a friend... first song I heard was Sweety.

Alex has a voice that suits Clazziquai's style, it's very smooth, pleasing to the ears, nice. It's a good "pop" voice if you get what I mean. Ryuichi's voice is not pleasing to everyone; it's really the way he sings that I love more than the actual voice itself. He ends every phrase beautifully. Then again, you know I'm biased.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.10 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2007.04.10, 10:29 PM   #15
badtzmaru

Dang it, I knew I should've just added that bit into your PM. =_=;; Sorry! >_<

Hrm, does anyone know any famous artists from Australia and Africa? o_o;;
Old 2007.04.10, 10:32 PM   #16
justriiingo

From Australia: Kylie Minogue!

And I actually do know an artist from Africa - Daara J. From Senegal. I love their song Esperanza, though I'm not too fond of the rest of the album.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.10 at 10:39 PM. Reason: just remembered about the african artist!
Old 2007.04.11, 12:15 AM   #17
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I have to join Tokyo Jihad. Almost every other japanese artist I listen to is crap (from my view). The only exception is Soil & "PIMP" Sessions.
German music is total crap. I mean, last year there was a children's song about a crocodile with techno beats in the background on #1.
After all I still choose japan because of all the anime themes and video game music I love so much. I never heard better music in this genre from another country

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 12:56 AM   #18
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

Dang it, I knew I should've just added that bit into your PM. =_=;; Sorry! >_<

AFRIKA - Femi Kuti And The Positive Force.

What a great band. Playing Etnic Jazz.

MMhhh..... Do you know Rock Tiger??? Are they famous in Korea? I watched them at Mosaic Music Fest. in Singapore last month. Even though I'm not a big fan of twist, and shout. But, I really enjoy their performance.
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 02:15 AM   #19
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Wasn't AC/DC Australian group?
(Though I totally don't care them.)

As I wrote before in RJ forum, I love Dead Can Dance.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 04:44 AM   #20
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't know in wich vote >_<
I hear mostly japanese stuff (including the shits)
I like old music, not too old, 70's, 80's and early 90's music
I like bossa nova, samba(the oldie ones) and mpb(musica popular brasileira), but the true is that few brazilians really hear it, and all the others brazilians genres sucks so much to me
I think mostly of the japanese stuff have ocidental influence, so isn't purely "japanese music"
If you say that you like true japanese music, so I think you are saying you like enka and that classic stuff with koto, shamisen, taiko and others
so I could say that I like Bonnie pink's 'sleeping child' introdution and TJ's keshou naoshi cause I like brazilian stuff >_<
so I will not vote

and before I forget (already forgot ¬¬)
I also like Spice girls XDDDDDDD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote