Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2013.04.19, 07:15 AM   #31
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Been looking forward to the new Laura Stevenson and the Cans album, and I am just starting to dig in.
Name:  fsjal.png
Views: 107
Size:  3.6 KB

I probably shouldn't be so excited, this isn't Daft Punk -- and yet I am!
Old 2013.04.26, 09:27 AM   #32
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
New Chiaki, could be good. I'm pretty much convinced that she's not nearly as bad as some people like to say she is. Sexy voice and good musical connections, can't ask too much more from this kinda music. I still listen to and enjoy CIRCUS even now, it has a lot of re-playability, unlike other actress turned singer music from Japan (for example, any release by Anna Tsuchiya :-p).
Amen. Terrible Terrible Terrible shit. Terrible.

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
The new Tricot single had disappointed me before its release. For one, the cover is terrible. The only new song is the title track. The rest is a recording of their 6-song live performance. The only other band I know that released this kind of singles is 9mm Parabellum Bullet. Think I'll skip this one.
There is nothing wrong with the cover art. But yup. This is really not for people that know them already. Which is kind of dumb. Why exclude your fanbase by giving less of a reason to by your breakout single?

They could re-record something from the demo and I'd have been ok with that as a B-side.

However. I do want to collect their stuff. I might actually bite the bullet and buy it.

Last edited by LoBFCanti : 2013.04.27 at 09:44 AM.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.26, 11:39 AM   #33
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^New song is musically uninteresting and the vocals try too hard to sound like TsuShiMaMiRe. It's kinda grating.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.26, 03:49 PM   #34
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I pretty much only care about Chiaki's music career when Shiina Ringo or Asai Kenichi is involved. Circus would've sucked without them, just as much as Tomosaka Rie sucked without Shiina Ringo.
Probably all of you will look at me with incredulity, but my favorite Chiaki Kuriyama's song is Cold Finger Girl. By far.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.27, 08:03 AM   #35
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Cold Finger Girl is the Kenichi song, right? It's not hard to see why. But the Sherberts version is better
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.27, 09:42 AM   #36
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
^New song is musically uninteresting and the vocals try too hard to sound like TsuShiMaMiRe. It's kinda grating.
It's not my favorite work from the group, but I can't agree with you at all.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.01, 08:20 AM   #37
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Looking forward to the Disclosure debut album, since I've already liked a bunch of their EPs (or individual tracks on those EPs anyway). My puzzling very belated opening to house continues slowly.

http://www.nme.com/news/disclosure/70051
http://disclosureofficial.com/

This is one of my favorite Disclosure cuts, but it doesn't seem to be one of the best love among those in the know about this type of music (and it's not on the tracklist for the new album), but I like it:

Disclosure - Flow
Also kind of looking forward to/dreading the new Marc Anthony album. It's porbably going to veer too pop to satisfy my appetite for salsa, however.

Last edited by Superficial Fan : 2013.05.01 at 08:57 AM.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.02, 05:43 PM   #38
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Sam Phillips returns with another album released totally independently, Push Any Button, which comes out around July 16th. Always nice to hear a new album by her, she may not have changed up her style very much since Fan Dance, but she has definitely mastered it. The new album is only available via her website, I've gone and pre-ordered the Vinyl (which also comes with CD and 24 bit/96KhZ digital download too. The song that the preorder came with sounds very promising to my ears.

Sam Phillips- Things I Shouldn't Have Told You

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.05.02 at 06:00 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.05, 03:41 PM   #39
ra_yy

ra_yy is headed in the right direction

the national - trouble will find me (may 20) fuck yeah, they sound amazing with the tracks released so far, i can't wait to see them live this summer!

daft punk - random access memories (may 20)

iamamiwhoami - bounty (june 3) i enjoyed kin i hope things stay consistently good with this one

queens of the stone age - ...like clockwork (june 4) it has been a while since our last qotsa fix... this is incredibly exciting

megadeth - super collider (june 4) why not? their sound for the most part has remained consistent over the years. im sure this one will be rocking if mustaine keeps his douchery comments to himself

black sabbath - 13 (june 11) ozzy and the guys are back... say what??? this is gonna be something else.. damn the anticipation

sigur rós - kveikur (june 12) valtari was cool, but it lowered my expectations, but it's still gonna be worth listening to.

arcade fire

iron maiden - been a long maiden fan, but The final frontier was boring and very predictable.. i guess i have to listen anyway.

janelle monáe - the electric lady --- fuck yessss queen was super cool, her attitude and style is just as sexy as ever. high hopes for this one.

justin timberlake - 20/20 experience vol. 2? (septemper 20th?) -- 20/20 was boring as fuck! but im hoping this one will be someone better.

kanye west - recently his stuff has went to shit.. im hoping for another album like mbdtf

protest the hero - fan funded album... this is gonna be truly for the fans! CANADA!!

and.. tool... not happening but i hope for it every year. and maybe like another 4 random/sudden albums from boris with other musicians. praparat was excellent!

Last edited by ra_yy : 2013.05.06 at 08:02 AM.
ra_yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.05, 04:21 PM   #40
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Nice picks Rayy! Did not know about a new iamamiwhoami. As for Kanye, I wouldn't count Cruel Summer or Throne as anything indicative (at least I hope not!) I think those are more pre-meal, fun records.