Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.10.03, 11:02 AM   #1011
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Silent Hill 2 was the best.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.03, 11:05 AM   #1012
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, as a Silent Hill fanboy, the franchise pretty much ended by the time of 3~4. However, having ignored Origins until now, because it's not a Team Silent product, I actually think it's not as bad as I thought first.
Now, about Homecoming... The atmosphere/graphics look nice, but for me it's a totally *new* franchise xD
Not to mention that Arcade "adventure", ahah.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.03, 05:01 PM   #1013
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
The same can't be said for the new next-gen Silent Hill unfortunately, which has been getting pretty mediocre initial reviews.
Every Silent Hill gets mediocre reviews. Most people like SH2 the most, but it only got reviews in the 7s.

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Silent Hill 2 was the best.
I like the original game much better. It did everything better than 2 except for the big plot twist. You knew what was going on in 2, but it was still WTF in SH with Dahlia/Alessa. Most/all people just didn't get the plot of the first game until they played SH3.
Old 2008.10.03, 05:36 PM   #1014
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, but SH Homecoming sounds like REAL shit. I mean you get a buch of combat options, including dodge, kicks and counterattack. Plus the mighty soldier can handle every weapon perfectly, and then you can even upgrade them.
Sorry, the new team obviously didn't understand what Silent Hill is about.
I bet my ass that that's why this game isn't Silent Hill 5 anymore, but Silent Hill Homecoming.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.03, 05:59 PM   #1015
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

All of the Silent Hill's from 1-3 have average review scores in the mid 80's on Gamerankings. They seem to get a variation of 7's, 8's and 9's averaging around 85%. Homecoming is actually performing similarly, but it's average is just a bit lower at 77%. That could all change though as more reviews get out. Chances are, if you love Silent Hill you'll at least like it.
Old 2008.10.03, 08:49 PM   #1016
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Funny though. Did any of you play the game? I did since my friend bought it when it came out. It finally gives me the feel 1 and 2 gave me back then and it's the reason I just moved to the next-gen. We only played it together for like 3 hours though so I don't know if I'll totally like it.

It's awesome that the team was able to recapture the whole feel you had back before 3. 3 still sort of had it but I disliked 4 and lost faith in the series with it.
Old 2008.10.04, 01:35 PM   #1017
golem09

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
Funny though. Did any of you play the game? I did since my friend bought it when it came out. It finally gives me the feel 1 and 2 gave me back then and it's the reason I just moved to the next-gen. We only played it together for like 3 hours though so I don't know if I'll totally like it.

It's awesome that the team was able to recapture the whole feel you had back before 3. 3 still sort of had it but I disliked 4 and lost faith in the series with it.
Changing the way you fight the creatures is a crucial mistake for me. They did that with SH4 already, but in this game they totally changed it to something that's the absolute opposite of what Silent Hill is for me.

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.10.04, 03:44 PM   #1018
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
Funny though. Did any of you play the game?
No, I can't, but I want to. I'm forbidden from playing games in my dorm. The only game I've played is Deathsmiles at the arcade. Me and some of my dormmates need some Rock Band 2. Karaoke is fun, but it's not Rock Band.
Old 2008.10.05, 05:35 AM   #1019
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

What console out of PS3/360 do you think has the most promising future ? I was thinking of getting rid of one of them but am not sure what one ? I've been so disappointed with the PS3, all the "big" titles were a let down and the next game I wanna play (Final Fantasy) is coming out for the two systems.. the genres I play mainly are racing, role play & fighting! I actually play ISS Pro Evo more than anything! so what's the best!!!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.05, 05:43 AM   #1020
golem09

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
What console out of PS3/360 do you think has the most promising future ? I was thinking of getting rid of one of them but am not sure what one ? I've been so disappointed with the PS3, all the "big" titles were a let down and the next game I wanna play (Final Fantasy) is coming out for the two systems.. the genres I play mainly are racing, role play & fighting! I actually play ISS Pro Evo more than anything! so what's the best!!!!
No clue. But why get rid of one? There will always be exclusiv titles over the next years, and when a game comes to both system you can to decide which you want more.
Rock Band for example is earlier on the XBox, but Force unleashed has Tearing on XBox. Get the best from both.

MyAnimelist