Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.01.27, 10:25 AM   #4041
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
To be honest, I enjoy Variety so much more when I can tune out the voices of this forum. It's fine that you guys don't like the album, but personally when I listen to it, it's hard not to think about what people have criticized about it. I start trying to find fault with it because I want to understand what everyone has been saying, but I honestly still have trouble coming up with a good reason not to like it. :|
Yea, I'm the same for the most part except my thoughts are more like "how can someone NOT like this??" Early on, I let it get to my head that the songs were bad but I just liked them regardless, but I think that they are mostly really good songs in terms of composition, I just think that some of the accompaniments are too much, too chaotic. Some of the songs are extremely whistle-able to me and have distinct melodies. They're just not up to par with Ringo. She's more of a birdie or eagle.

Originally Posted by digdad View Post
I had Japanese "love" song hour going through all the songs that start with the word "ai". . I also never realized how many Ringo Starr songs begin
That's so funny! I have Ringo's music but I haven't really had time to listen to it and I don't have much motivation other than that he was a Beat-all, so how is it? I've heard George's and didn't like it at all (can't believe he wrote I Me Mine ), Paul sounds OK although I'm not to familiar with it. Lennon's in the only one that I truly love but I still prefer the band's material.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.27, 10:30 AM   #4042
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
That's so funny! I have Ringo's music but I haven't really had time to listen to it and I don't have much motivation other than that he was a Beat-all, so how is it? I've heard George's and didn't like it at all (can't believe he wrote I Me Mine ), Paul sounds OK although I'm not to familiar with it. Lennon's in the only one that I truly love but I still prefer the band's material.
I love Lennon's solo stuff too, but I definitely think you should give Harrison another chance. His 'All Things Must Pass' album is one of the best solo Beatles albums.
Old 2009.01.27, 10:56 AM   #4043
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Kahimi Karie - Le cheval blanc

NUNKI is definitely a great album <3.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.27, 10:58 AM   #4044
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ I was just going to recommend "All Things Must Pass" also. It is probably the best of all the post-break up albums, by all four, ever produced. But I will admit, much of George's music can be an acquired taste, but it does have a way of seeping in. As far as Ringo Starr's music, there are many good songs, but there are quite a few terrible ones too. If you want to give him a shot, start with his best, the 1973 album "Ringo".

CLT: Beauty C - Cocco
(Man I have a lot of songs that start with the words "Beautiful" and "Beauty".)
Old 2009.01.27, 11:08 AM   #4045
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Btw, I also did that "let's-listen-to-Variety-after-almost-a-year" experiment and actually enjoyed it. Not in a SS kind of way, but in a way that it's cool music to have in the background. It sorta blends with it... Wait, wait, it doesn't really blend with the background (Variety jokes, stay in your room! you're grounded!). What I'm trying to say is that yeah, I kind experienced more or less what kuro_neko was talking about.

HOWEVVA. Making an album like Variety is, in my point of view, not that much of an hard task, especially for someone who already did huge things like SS. So, what I was joking about, was saying that I "Hope TJ releases another album as good as Variety", because it's really hard to do it so let's all hope they can manage to do it again. Cross your fingers guise.

CLT - Not right now, but I've been listening to SS all day. I think I heard it at least 3 or 4 times. And then 1 KZK and 1 MM. Train + Metro + Walking + Metro + Train really needs some music.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.27, 11:13 AM   #4046
Orenji

CLT: Beauty C - Cocco
(Man I have a lot of songs that start with the words "Beautiful" and "Beauty".)
Haha, Beauty C is the best track in "Zansaian" for sure.
Old 2009.01.27, 11:25 AM   #4047
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

All Things Must Pass is one of the best solo Beatles album, and FWIW I find George to be the most "Beatle-y" of the solo Beatles.
Old 2009.01.27, 11:52 AM   #4048
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The Killers - Everything Will Be Alright
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.27, 12:09 PM   #4049
Orenji

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
The Killers - Everything Will Be Alright
Day & Age has happened to be their worst album, IMO... I love its three first tracks especially, tho.

CLT:
Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand
Old 2009.01.27, 03:39 PM   #4050
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I love Lennon's solo stuff too, but I definitely think you should give Harrison another chance. His 'All Things Must Pass' album is one of the best solo Beatles albums.
^ I was just going to recommend "All Things Must Pass" also. It is probably the best of all the post-break up albums, by all four, ever produced. But I will admit, much of George's music can be an acquired taste, but it does have a way of seeping in. As far as Ringo Starr's music, there are many good songs, but there are quite a few terrible ones too. If you want to give him a shot, start with his best, the 1973 album "Ringo".
Yea, I was thinking that I should give George another shot as well. I just got a really bad vibe from it the first time I heard his music, I kind of just shut it out right away and skipped through most of it. I did not hear that album, though, I only heard brainwashed, though, and was creeped out by the cover, too. Is it really different from the other albums?

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
HOWEVVA. Making an album like Variety is, in my point of view, not that much of an hard task, especially for someone who already did huge things like SS.
I agree. When Shiina gets to writing music, I don't think she should have any problem topping Uki and Izawa. Although, having attempted writing some songs recently, I don't think it's that easy for the rest of us . I do hope, however, that the new album features equally distributed song distribution. Something like 7-9 from Ringo and 1-4 from the rest of the guys. Just to add a little variety.

Currently Listening to:

Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand (album)

Amazon treats me really well. I pre-ordered this album, which was released today, and chose the cheapest shipping and yet they shipped Sunday and it was here when I got home. Jackpot =). I'm really digging it deep so far.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote