Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.27, 04:55 AM   #181
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
The vocal of ZARD died on 27/5.
Ohhhh, ok. So it's an unreleased commemorative song and such? Still, it's weird for a dead person to release a new single.

Oh oh oh, and after examining Ringo's collar bone through Bingo's avatar, is the unsymetrical-ness on the AT single cover the way it is while she's standing normally? Because it's really freaking me out. It's so lopsided. x.x;

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 05:18 AM   #182
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
Ohhhh, ok. So it's an unreleased commemorative song and such? Still, it's weird for a dead person to release a new single.

Oh oh oh, and after examining Ringo's collar bone through Bingo's avatar, is the unsymetrical-ness on the AT single cover the way it is while she's standing normally? Because it's really freaking me out. It's so lopsided. x.x;
it is the cropping of the shot that makes it look different than Bingo's avatar. if you look closely you will see that her left shoulder's collarbone is still there, much higher than the other right one, which is more prominent and lower. It is quite possible that when she sits up straight or stands and pulls her shoulders back for better posture it makes it less prominent. at any rate, I don't think that the shot was photoshopped to remove her clavicle on that side, I think it is more because of the crop.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 05:26 AM   #183
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Maybe she recorded subliminal messages on ultra-high frequencies and now we're ALL CURSED
notice how even the people who didn't like it said they were still going to buy the album.

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
You and me both, kuro. What's this about a clip?
someone on 2ch posted their very own piano renditions of SG and futari bocchi jikan.

Last edited by a_grumble_cake : 2009.05.28 at 05:22 AM.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 05:29 AM   #184
elekipomme

elekipomme is headed in the right direction

You've made a good point with the 3 different covers things. Most of my friends usually buy all 3. D: I'm still a fan (I just really like how stupidly crack-y they are XD) but not so much that I'd go so far. It's kind of ridiculous once you think about how much Johnny makes with all of those groups out there now. @.@

DBSK is really in Japan right now; I see them all the time on TV now and they're contaminating the minds of my friends. I personally don't know what's so good about them. :/
elekipomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 06:46 AM   #185
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Well SG is not going to be my favorite song in the world but I'm loving the style. A little overproduced but it's clear she's still capable of putting stuff together well. It's reset my expectations back to 0 which is pretty good considering how far into the negative they've become with all these aweful collabs and writing credits not to mention the incredibly boring A-side. I think it's pretty hilarious how many times better the B-side is but I guess that's what happens when someone with talent makes a song for a Matsumoto Jun show.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 06:47 AM   #186
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6yVF_4Nwqw
miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 09:20 AM   #187
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Not Arashii's 230,022 That's about 16 to 1.
Years ago that number would have been 500,000-750,000.
Old 2009.05.27, 09:47 AM   #188
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Years ago that number would have been 500,000-750,000.
It's true. Namie Amuro's singles in her peak years reached that, with her biggest CAN YOU CELEBRATE? reaching 828,480 in the first week. So maybe half that first day.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 10:03 AM   #189
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's not very different from 2007 sales.
"Love So Sweet", one of their most successful singles was released in 2007 and got 204,493 copies in the first week.
That means this new single is their best first week since the 2002 "A Day in Our Life".
I think the only other JE bands that (used to) beat Arashi are KAT-TUN (not anymore) and NEWS, in terms of first week sales. I think Kinki Kids, TOKIO and SMAP don't do that good anymore, since they are all old guys.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 10:43 AM   #190
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
it's awesoooooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just just awesome! i first listened to it on my mp3 player while trying to find my keys and i couldnt i was too confused oh ohhhh it scared me at first ... its just awesome @_@_@_@_@ it is as soft as your pillow ! D:

someone did bad rep me cause of this post saying "not intelligent praise"

ROFLLLLLL

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote