Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.02.18, 09:32 AM   #31
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

daikirai feat HIRO:N-H ZETT M

surprised this hasn't been posted yet. This is the PV that is the leading single for the album, I don't know if this is getting any tv play, this was packaged on the DVD of the limited edition along with the video of Good Savage which was used to promote Pianoize In Osaka.

I was really surprised by the sound and look of this video, in a good way, XD. Love the topic of the song....I wonder if he wrote it about Ringo, XDXDXD

I've listened to about half the album so far and I've liked it a lot more than his previous effort.

ps−track 9 is totally Chocolate is my Life XD

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.02.18 at 10:04 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 05:19 AM   #32
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
daikirai feat HIRO:N-H ZETT M
I was really surprised by the sound and look of this video, in a good way, XD. Love the topic of the song....I wonder if he wrote it about Ringo, XDXDXD
Shiina Ringo won in a pillow fight against HZM, and he hates it?

nice song btw
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.15, 07:47 PM   #33
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Anyone know what genre to put this guy in?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.16, 08:58 PM   #34
purin

purin pleased at least somebody

I don't know what kind of genre to put him under. Some people say J-pop but I'm not too sure about that. I think he's made a new genre with the way he plays his piano. He uses different varieties in his music, I would say it has a bit of a rock feel to it.

Some of his songs reminded me a little of the band cali=gari, but they're labeled Angura-Kei. Not sure if HZM would be considered that.

Last edited by purin : 2008.03.16 at 09:25 PM.
purin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.17, 10:53 AM   #35
old.boy

old.boy pleased at least somebody

HZM is kind of an enigma to me. I feel like his playing really focuses on that moment and time. And if he were to play the same song again on a different day, it would almost be like hearing a completely different tune.

I think this is his strong-point and his weak-point.

I can't argue against the fact that he's a virtuoso. I've seldom seen many players who've made ME want to play some instrument I'm not intimately familiar with. The videos live of him playing with Tokyo Jihen are some of the best piano playing I've seen live--especially in such a setting.

But when that type of crazy, frenetic playing transfers to his solo stuff, I just can't hang on to it. Sure there are a couple track I enjoy off of his first release, but most of it I felt like I couldn't listen.

Maybe it's my short attention span. :[
Old 2008.04.06, 02:35 PM   #36
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I've listened to about half the album so far and I've liked it a lot more than his previous effort.
Uuum..you really liked it?
funny think. I just listened pianohead couple of days ago, and was totally disappointed.

If anything else H ZETT M's

debut was the bananas, but this was so banal.
Out of all the tracks only Daikirai evoked something in me.
It has great melody.
Plus the theme of the song and Vocals.
I always have loved Hiizumis voice and i did in this instance
too but melodically this album was so crap that i couldnt belive,
and i still can't/ and probably never will sorry but not my taste..
I hope he doesnt continue to walk on this path in upcoming releases.
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.06, 02:56 PM   #37
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by benkai ringo View Post
Uuum..you really liked it?
funny think. I just listened pianohead couple of days ago, and was totally disappointed.

If anything else H ZETT M's

debut was the bananas, but this was so banal.
Out of all the tracks only Daikirai evoked something in me.
It has great melody.
Plus the theme of the song and Vocals.
I always have loved Hiizumis voice and i did in this instance
too but melodically this album was so crap that i couldnt belive,
and i still can't/ and probably never will sorry but not my taste..
I hope he doesnt continue to walk on this path in upcoming releases.
Have you listened to his concert? It's very heavily based on 5+2=11 material, and taken to more extreme degrees not just because it's live or sometimes in a different style, but also because a few songs were extended with complexities you wouldn't imagine. It's a whole lot of "Why didn't the original album have this version?!". Sokkyou Rondo is a prime example of that - it's an absolutely epic performance.
Old 2008.04.06, 03:16 PM   #38
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

^^

Unfortunately havent had a change, so not that much, I have to check out sooner later though...so thank's for the recommendation.
I was just going to order Pianonize in osaka. Loved what i saw on youtube but...but as it seems it's sold out on Cdjapan..and i dont like using HMV that much, Tower records could be another place to get it?
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.06, 03:32 PM   #39
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I ran into that problem, of CD Japan being sold out on Pianoise in Osaka. And this was three weeks before the DVD was even released!

I have a love/hate relationship with HMV Japan. I ended up using them for this DVD, and tried to make the best of my normally-outrageous EMS shipping, by also ordering COLD MINK MOVIE and Driving Sally DVDs of SHERBETS, since HMV Japan had the lowest price on those.

I'm not sure what I think about Tower Records yet. They wouldn't ship me Sakuran promo DVDs, but they did ship me some other things since then. The packaging isn't hardcore like CD Japan. Nobody's packaging is.
*sighs*
Old 2010.02.09, 10:49 AM   #40
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

Reviving his thread...

New live DVD, "Hikimakuri Destroy" was released a few days ago, I just saw it on HMV. This is not a limited edition like "Pianoise in Osaka" by the way. Is he good live? I liked a bunch of songs from "PIANOHEAD", my favourite is "ID CHECK".
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote