Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.05.08, 08:06 AM   #611
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

SR does not hate her old self. She hates that she let aspects of her rock star character leak into her personal life. It was a shock to her when she realized some of the things people were saying about the rebel persona could also be applied to her actual self. Her marriage is an example.

Last edited by Maou : 2011.05.08 at 08:10 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 08:18 AM   #612
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Shiina Ringo and Kameda Seiji made an appearence on an radio show (tokyo hot something). Interesting information: new album is already recorded. What is left is Shiina's work (arrangement, engineering?).
clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 08:45 AM   #613
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Arrangement is done before recording. It sounds like the band recorded all their parts while SR still has to record the vocals on top.
Old 2011.05.08, 03:10 PM   #614
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

(Not necessarily, producers sometimes arrange a track again after it's been recorded. Like, by adding some stuff)

But, if the whole album was recorded WITHOUT Shiina's involvement, what does that mean?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 03:48 PM   #615
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
(Not necessarily, producers sometimes arrange a track again after it's been recorded. Like, by adding some stuff)

But, if the whole album was recorded WITHOUT Shiina's involvement, what does that mean?
not much, Ringo actually talked about this during Sports-era interviews. Most of that album was the same, they recorded all the band stuff and she was in and out of the studio for some of that but they do vocals last, so she stayed on her own for weeks after the album was "recorded" (band parts) and was rewriting lyrics and recording the vocals for almost 2-3 weeks on her own. She talks about how she felt like she was going mad from the isolation.

She also talks about how she and Izawa/Uki used to write by sending pieces back and forth, almost like it was remote and via e-mail.

The new album being recorded surprises me because after the Earthquake it makes me go back and wonder if most of it was done before/after and if before, how she feels about it now with the changed perspective.

Yume no Ato was written as a response to 9/11 and nightmares she had about her son's future, so I wonder if their work will be dramatically influenced.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 06:19 PM   #616
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post

Well, it is Tokyo Jihen, not Ringo solo- so it pretty much means whatever goes
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 08:56 PM   #617
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
She also talks about how she and Izawa/Uki used to write by sending pieces back and forth, almost like it was remote and via e-mail.
She repeated this in the Rockin' On interview, about how they compose via email. Kameda's involved too, and he teased her about the sorts of emails he gets from her when she wants approval or suggestions.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.09, 06:03 AM   #618
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Yume no Ato was written as a response to 9/11 and nightmares she had about her son's future, so I wonder if their work will be dramatically influenced.
Wait, how is that? Shiina was pregnant in 2003, and Yume no Ato wasn't released until 2004.

Also, Shiina still arranges the songs, doesn't she? I thought that, while she doesn't compose the music, she still arranges it. So if the album was recorded without her, she didn't even arrange the songs. Now, I don't hate Shiina like some of you guys do, but I still want her to maintain creative control. If she doesn't, then what's the point? She's cheating herself and all of her fans.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.05.09 at 06:07 AM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.09, 06:07 AM   #619
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I think SR was pregnant around 2001.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.09, 06:08 AM   #620
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm not exactly sure when she has been pregnant, but at that time she had been in constant fear of a WWIII or terrorist attacks on Japan coming up.... so it doesn't rly matter if 2001 or 2003.

At least, that's what I'm quite sure about having read somewhere.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote