Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.08.21, 08:31 AM   #21
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

the song was okay-ish, but I don't think it'll get more than a few listens from me. it's very generic but I like the ethereal (sort of) production, especially the electronic touches at the end, I wish there were more moments like the ending throughout the song though. I liked her singing, she's got more character then that of Chiaki
Old 2012.08.21, 08:54 AM   #22
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Allow me to double post for me to circle back to what was surely TurtleFu's main point (shame on me!) When you say it lacked "Ringo-isms." This is kind of shorthand to say this song is so indistinct, it could have been written by any professional songwriter. So posturing in hope this wasn't written by Shiina (like teatum) is understandable, and defending it on the pretext of it being a song penned by Shiina Ringo is not a worthwhile effort, in my opinion, as this sounds to be so in name only. Certainly not spiritually.

So many words on this song. Why?
Ohw, thank you, you gave my words!
I must add now, that I really love Shinyawaku (pretty good once, but growing better since!).

The better-to-worst shift thing is still current. Whatever, this song is just deprived of any Ringo peculiarly chords, but this has been already (and in a better way) explained.

[...]
Maybe this joke doesn't worth to be writed...

Last edited by teattum : 2012.08.21 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2012.08.22, 03:22 AM   #23
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

In this case, Noda Hideki wrote the lyrics to the song (probably before the melody was even written by SR) and dictated the feel or at least described the scene in his play where he wanted this song to go. And who knows who actually produced/arranged the song for the actual recording here.

I wouldn't expect a song entitled "The Heavy Metallic Girl" to have a lot of dynamic rhythms, either. Makes me think of a robot or at least using a robot as a metaphor for someone's life.

I think it's somewhat catchy, has ethereal production in some areas, has some drive due to the guitar work and the way the melody resolves. I'd probably like this in SS over a few of the songs on that CD.
Old 2012.08.31, 01:02 PM   #24
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

http://www.e-fanclub.com/nekoyanagi-...ocd=KN-SG-0647

"Doku Ichigo" (?), a cd with the 8 songs that Ringo wrote for the play will be available for purchase via Ringohan. Not available on normal stores.

It seems that she is credited just as the composer and the singer will be actress Eri Fukatsu.
Old 2012.08.31, 02:20 PM   #25
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Who is in Ringohan here and wants to help me out?
Old 2012.08.31, 02:40 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You don't have to be a member of the fanclub, to shop at Kronekodow's online store. You just need a deputy service. That's how several of us got Ringo Books.
Old 2012.08.31, 04:28 PM   #27
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Nevermind, its on Amazon with a book http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP out on Sep 6th. This will be easiest way methinks.
Old 2012.08.31, 07:31 PM   #28
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Eight tracks is pretty juicy. Please sound fresh!
Old 2012.09.01, 05:18 AM   #29
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

http://www.nodamap.com/productions/egg/intro.html

Google translate tells me the first part of this talks about "a new wind to the Apple's music" and it being "the work of a different color".

The exact meaning is beyond the powers of even the mighty translation machine from Mountain View, though.
Old 2012.09.01, 03:49 PM   #30
deadgrandma

Well, whatever, I've ordered it now, ridiculous Amazon.jp postage- not offering a normal airmail option. Oh well. I'll cancel my order if it happens to show up on CDJapan or something, but I doubt it will.