Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.10.24, 10:52 PM   #31
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

Every video I've looked at has been removed... I really wanna hear these songs. Anyone got links?

You know, it kinda seems that Ringo might be taking Chiaki under her wing. Or her record label is forcing Ringo to work with her. I have no clue.
Old 2011.10.24, 11:02 PM   #32
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

found a radio broadcast version of it.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/43BYaOhPXms

Kameda's playing during the chorus says its another Blackout. lol how many children does that song have now? It sounds like its in the same key as well.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2011.10.24 at 11:12 PM.
Old 2011.10.25, 02:13 PM   #33
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

Wow, Chiaki's voice has gotten better. I'm proud of her. She sounds great in this song.

As for whether it's another Blackout, I can't comment on that, considering I've never heard it...
Old 2011.10.25, 03:14 PM   #34
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

LOL.

I'm really curious as to how Ringo has ended up cloning Blackout so many times. How does the process work? No explanation makes sense to me other than she really could not be bothered, or there's like, I dunno, recycling bin of SR rough drafts that the record label dishes hands out to whoever asks nicely (including Ringo, herself, LOL)

Why Blackout specifically? Errr, I'm confused (and there's a lot of other songs she could clone)
Old 2011.10.25, 03:45 PM   #35
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Okay, I just have to say.

Having listened to Hiyori Hime, Amagasa, Blackout, and Sounan before going on EMF, the only ones I actually thought sounded similar were Blackout and Sounan. And it's hardly the first time Ringo's had two songs sound the same. I think Kyougenshou and Mellow sound similar.

EDIT: I would be really curious to get the scores for the songs and actually figure out WHY they sound similar. Are the melodies variations? Is the tempo the same? The chord progression? What is it?
Old 2011.10.25, 03:58 PM   #36
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Amagasa's the one for the boy band that sounds like Killer Tune or something, isn't it?

Wasn't there another Blackout clone she did for Tomosaka Rie?

And I don't think Ringo composed Mellow (it doesn't sound like Kyogenshou anyway)
Old 2011.10.25, 04:45 PM   #37
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

^You're probably thinking of Tokai no Manaa? Which doesn't really sound anything like Blackout, in my opinion, but it's the closest, I figure.

What I don't really understand is all the errant Blackout-hate. I've always enjoyed it, doubly so since it has one of my all-time, favorite basslines.
Old 2011.10.25, 06:55 PM   #38
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Blackout is Sounan watered down to irrelevancy.
Old 2011.10.25, 08:35 PM   #39
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Be critical! You don't have to like everything!
You don't have to dislike everything!

Was a cheap shot, had to do it
Old 2011.10.25, 09:59 PM   #40
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Blackout is Sounan watered down to irrelevancy.
I don't hear it. There are some similarities, to be sure, but they're hardly mirror images of one another. The structure, keyboards and guitar are completely different. Also the rhythm is a lot more varied in Blackout than it is in Sounan. the only thing that really strikes me the same are some of Hata's downbeats and fills between the two, but I've noticed that trend of his in most of the alleged Blackout "copies". Also Kameda plays similarly (even though I hate his bass tone in Sounan), but the dude's not exactly known for his versatility. Blackout on a whole reminds me more of Omatsuri Sawagi, sans the underwater vocals, than anything else.

Gotta love that Sounan outro though.
Closed Thread