Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.15, 07:56 PM   #41
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't believe this line up is quite capable enough to do an EM part II. If anything, they'll just butcher the entire SR backlog. I mean, they had their brilliant moments (eg Domestic Souretsu), but really... I don't think we're gonna get that.

Of course, part of me hopes that what I said will be wrong and Spa and Treatment will be brilliant like Domestic Souretsu. But really...
Old 2007.10.15, 07:59 PM   #42
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I think Uki has proven that he can play the guitar any way he wants so I don't see how they are not "capable enough".

Seriously, I do not go around saying Hirama can't play the guitar anymore just because he does not play it the way he did in TJ, or make the same kind of music, which I prefer.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.10.15 at 08:03 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.15, 08:37 PM   #43
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I don't believe this line up is quite capable enough to do an EM part II. If anything, they'll just butcher the entire SR backlog. I mean, they had their brilliant moments (eg Domestic Souretsu), but really... I don't think we're gonna get that.

Of course, part of me hopes that what I said will be wrong and Spa and Treatment will be brilliant like Domestic Souretsu. But really...
lmfao yeah right, like adding Hirama and H Zett M makes it capable enough. Hirama was a huge whore for the band, he was everywhere looking like ringo's lap dog during his time in the band, and H Zett H seemed either 1)quiet or 2) not able to take orders from ringo. They were only ever 2/5 of the band and what people don't like to admit is that Uki played a larger role in Ringo's solo career than Hirama ever did when it came to actual creative content (Meisai, Ichijiku no Hana, KZK era stuff which also happens to be considered the best, hmmm, I guess maybe he is capable).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.15, 11:06 PM   #44
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

First concert starts in 24 hours O___O.
Please, perform Tsumiki Asobi, Ringo.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 03:20 AM   #45
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
lmfao yeah right, like adding Hirama and H Zett M makes it capable enough. Hirama was a huge whore for the band, he was everywhere looking like ringo's lap dog during his time in the band, and H Zett H seemed either 1)quiet or 2) not able to take orders from ringo. They were only ever 2/5 of the band and what people don't like to admit is that Uki played a larger role in Ringo's solo career than Hirama ever did when it came to actual creative content (Meisai, Ichijiku no Hana, KZK era stuff which also happens to be considered the best, hmmm, I guess maybe he is capable).
I think you've missed the point a bit. Of course Hirama and HZM are more capable of producing an EM part II because they're the ones that did the original EM

I'm not saying Uki isn't capable (I don't think he'd want to though), but to say the other two aren't capable of doing something they've already done is a bit silly.

And to say somebody isn't capable isn't necessarily to say that they physically don't have the skill to do it, just that they don't want to, or it isn't really their style. In that context, Hirama is more capable of achieving the second coming of Electric Mole than Uki.
Old 2007.10.16, 01:13 PM   #46
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

SETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLISTSETLIST

I WANT IT SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD >_<

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 01:21 PM   #47
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

vayerism just left for the airport and he's going for the 18 Oct gig in Yokohama...
if he manages to find a pc in Tokyo he says he will update us on the setlist.
Old 2007.10.16, 01:23 PM   #48
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
/o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 04:29 PM   #49
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I think you've missed the point a bit. Of course Hirama and HZM are more capable of producing an EM part II because they're the ones that did the original EM

I'm not saying Uki isn't capable (I don't think he'd want to though), but to say the other two aren't capable of doing something they've already done is a bit silly.

And to say somebody isn't capable isn't necessarily to say that they physically don't have the skill to do it, just that they don't want to, or it isn't really their style. In that context, Hirama is more capable of achieving the second coming of Electric Mole than Uki.
I think you missed his point. I don't think he meant that HZM and Hirama are not capable, just that Uki and Izawa are just as capable.

I agree with you, though, that Uki would not want to. If he is always going out of his way to do different things and make his own style, I doubt he'd try to recreate what phase 1 did.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 04:35 PM   #50
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Haha, good ol' Hedo. <3

^( non-gay <3 )
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote