Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.31, 09:36 PM   #541
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

True. Congratulations!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.01, 11:48 AM   #542
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody
Default crazy

Ok. I've listened to this album tons of times now, and the only song I can say I dislike is Sake to Geko. That's it. I'll probably listen to it a few more times and decide it's the best on the album or something stupid like that. While I agree that I miss the vivacity that Ringo had, I feel moreso that she didn't 'lose' it, but she's just mellowed out.

And I'm cool with that. Most albums that I buy I find that I only like 2-3 songs on them. Which sucks. So I stopped just buying things from my favorite artists, for the most part, because it's literally only 2-3 songs.

But I enjoy, normally, 90%+ of the songs on a TJ/SR album. So, I feel that it's worth my money, and that they're all doing a great job. I don't have many complaints...
Well Ok. I do have one:
PLAY YAMI NI FURU AME LIVE, GOD DAMN IT.
Not just that special teaser track. PLAY IT LIVE. FULL. NAO.

}:U

(and by the way, I like Boutomin. So pfft at you)
Old 2008.01.01, 12:58 PM   #543
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Special teaser track?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.01, 01:36 PM   #544
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Special teaser track?
I think Fluffie's referring to that "Special Track" from Gekokujyo Xstasy.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.03, 12:29 AM   #545
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have to confess that as a legendary Boutomin hater... I've recently come to tolerate its existence. Not because it's a good song, mind you, but because of the entertaining disagreements it causes.

As for kuro_neko's aforementioned friend's comment... that's unfair to elevators at the very least. Carnivals, it depends on location.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.09, 08:19 PM   #546
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Wow, apparently people like Boutomin and Fukushuu a lot more than it seems like they are liked in this forum. From the video files of the concert I put on my blog, Boutomin is the highest downloaded from Megaupload, with the Kabuki-OSCA video coming in second with 20 less downloads. On Sendspace, Fukushuu is the highest downloaded file with Kingyo no Hako coming in second with 30 less downloads @_@.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 03:28 AM   #547
Nhexima

Nhexima pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ophy View Post
PLAY YAMI NI FURU AME LIVE, GOD DAMN IT.
Not just that special teaser track. PLAY IT LIVE. FULL. NAO.
My god, so true. That song singlehandedly got me into Shiina. I came to listen to everything else she made and love it all, but that's probably in my Top 5 SR songs personally. I know she's dropped most of her solo career songs by now, but damn I'd love to hear a live/new version of it. Always I wonder if she'll revisit that trip-hop style sound.

I'm actually liking Variety more and more I listen to it. This has been true for me for all of her albums, though, so it's not surprising. For this one, though, I needed some time to get used to the songwriting shift, the album is more "accessible" and rocking than any of TJ's other albums. I'll be honest - I found this album more fun to listen to than Heisei Fuuzoku (loved Gamble getting redone and the new songs, but there just wasn't enough new material)

Originally Posted by Hedofloe
Wow, apparently people like Boutomin and Fukushuu a lot more than it seems like they are liked in this forum. From the video files of the concert I put on my blog, Boutomin is the highest downloaded from Megaupload, with the Kabuki-OSCA video coming in second with 20 less downloads. On Sendspace, Fukushuu is the highest downloaded file with Kingyo no Hako coming in second with 30 less downloads @_@.
Those songs are fun! Heh. Btw, thank you SO MUCH for your awesome blog and uploads!! I downloaded the whole concert yesterday, and plan to leech a ton more when I have the time
Nhexima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 03:40 AM   #548
alumina

alumina pleased at least somebody

i love boutomin now becoz it is entertaining lol.
Old 2008.01.10, 05:33 PM   #549
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Nhexima View Post
My god, so true. That song singlehandedly got me into Shiina. I came to listen to everything else she made and love it all, but that's probably in my Top 5 SR songs personally. I know she's dropped most of her solo career songs by now, but damn I'd love to hear a live/new version of it. Always I wonder if she'll revisit that trip-hop style sound.

I'm actually liking Variety more and more I listen to it. This has been true for me for all of her albums, though, so it's not surprising. For this one, though, I needed some time to get used to the songwriting shift, the album is more "accessible" and rocking than any of TJ's other albums. I'll be honest - I found this album more fun to listen to than Heisei Fuuzoku (loved Gamble getting redone and the new songs, but there just wasn't enough new material)

Those songs are fun! Heh. Btw, thank you SO MUCH for your awesome blog and uploads!! I downloaded the whole concert yesterday, and plan to leech a ton more when I have the time
Variety was more "Rocking" than their other albums?? I beg to differ. I don't think you should limit your enjoyment of HF because there was not "enough new Material". The only thing similar about the re-done songs to the originals was the lyrics and the title name. Other than that, the music is totally different. And even the lyrics have a new sound and tempo.

And thanks for the compliments
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 07:52 PM   #550
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The most subjective use of the word "totally" I've ever seen....