Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.10.06, 03:28 AM   #51
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Since when have I made a cheap shot at anyone on this forum, least of all fluffiethesock? I didn't 'mention him for no reason' -- fluffie is a fan of Ukigumo, and since I was a lurker/before I signed up, he was one of the more distinguishable members because of his Ukigumo avatars (Which I thought was him because I didn't know who Uki was at that point). And not many people here will even read the above posts, and I expected that fluffie would be one of the only few that would.

I also don't know what you mean about 'that kind of remark'...do you honestly think I wrote that thinking it was REALLY the case?

It's not my style to make fun of people, and I edited the post, and PMed fluffie the removed comment with a (genuine) apology in case he finds it offensive.

I don't know why I even bother tbqh
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.06, 05:42 AM   #52
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I know it was just a joke, I knew what you meant, but what you wrote didn't com across like you meant it to. Its not a big deal, its not the drama brigade and that was a really quality post. You didn't need to delete the whole thing man. No ones picking on anyone, in fact, Bingo and myself were just trying to make sure no one thought you were trying to pick on anyone.
Old 2009.10.06, 06:32 AM   #53
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hahah, no worries guys... I thought it was a humorous comment, and it even made me laugh. I would only have been offended if Scribble knew me really well and made that comment to other people to ridicule me. But as it is, it was a harmless joke about something that I know he hasn't researched (because I tend not to speak about relationship matters online). And besides, I guess I'm the Uki guy, so it makes sense to direct Uki jokes at me. I understand that you two (Jihad + Bingo) are addressing the principle of the matter rather than simply this specific example, but I think Scribble realized ahead of time that it wouldn't be a big deal. So I seriously doubt it'll be an issue in the future.

But either way, Jihad & Bingo, thank you for your defense, and Scribble, thank you for contacting me and making things right.

PS - I hope this didn't all happen to get me to post more :B

PS 2 - Scribble, you should put your post back up with or without that part... there's nothing wrong with the rest of it.

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2009.10.06 at 06:38 AM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.06, 11:21 AM   #54
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

fluffie: glad you're not offended. Also glad this is cleared up!

In retrospect, I overreacted a bit and should have just apologised (After all, if something in my writing was misinterpreted, it's my fault -- not whoever was reading it) but whether it was edited out or not, fluffie would still think I was being a dick to him (Which was the important issue here)

This is the internetnotthatimportantshouldnttakeittooseriouslyblahblahblah, but I enjoy his presence on the forums and I'm not a mouth-breather who uses internet anonyminity as an opportunity to release pent up RL passive aggression, and if I was, I would go on gamefaqs or whatever instead of doing it here.

But I'll watch what I say next time, just in case I really end up offending someone =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.01, 05:43 PM   #55
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiDTg...eature=related
Stumbled upon this band about 2 weeks ago. I love them! And the main guitarist/vocalist is amazing. I love this video...would love to hear a studio.
SoulExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.02, 09:32 AM   #56
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by SoulExperience View Post
Love it!

there a video for "rain" too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vluPcPwec
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.02, 10:35 PM   #57
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Out of boredom I finally started looking into these guys recently. I like what I've seen so far out of the handful of videos on YouTube and the like. I especially enjoy the two videos posted just above me in this thread with Uki walking around with a guitar. Those acoustic videos really sparked something in me for some reason.

I'm completely fine with him in TJ, but there's just a certain... "realness" and interesting charm (however enjoyably cheesy it may be at times) to the PETROLZ stuff I've heard that isn't as apparent in his work with Jihen that's just perked my interest and made me more curious.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any similar artists, be they acoustic or full band or what have you. Apologies if I should have asked this somewhere else.
the fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 12:00 AM   #58
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I do believe it was Junpei who introduced Ukigumo to Ringo. ?

The guitarist lol
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 02:34 AM   #59
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^ I thought that was how Hata was introduced to Ringo.
Old 2010.10.04, 11:58 AM   #60
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

They both were introduced by Junpei, Glath.

The thing about that first Nagaoka video posted that sticks out to me is that the music sounds distinctly Japanese. The chord progression and melody reflect the scenery he's walking by perfectly.