Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.13, 05:38 AM   #21
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

thanks for mentioning those points, Glath. I don't own a turntable, (I used to, but it wasn't very good) so I tried to be "analytical" on my previous post, and I admit I don't have that any listening experience on high-end turntables. I had a teacher who owned a turntable made from high-quality metal components for the best sound signal quality, and he would listen to vinyls made of platinum... I don't doubt the sound quality would have been very good. 192 Khz? Damn now that's an impressive data value... Far higher than DVD-A.
Old 2007.04.13, 06:37 PM   #22
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I'm not sure yet wether I'll buy this or not. So far I voluntarily passed up on the vinyl releases because I don't own a turntable.

This DVD, is it a DVD-A or a regular DVD with good sound and images? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but a regular dvd player can't play DVD-Audios. I for one won't buy it if I can't play it.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.13, 06:52 PM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The way I understand it, DVD-As are extended audio-quality DVDs (there is no such thing as improved video-quality DVDs without making the jump to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray), where the basic quality is accessible in basic players, but also where the add-on quality is only accessible in elite players, and is unrippable.

So yes, technically this release will be playable on a normal player, and will be somewhat rippable onto a computer, but the video quality isn't going to be that great because of how much room they had to leave open for the unusual audio quality.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote