Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.11.16, 10:45 PM   #21
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Very good! thanks for the link Fluff, I'm downloading the video now (to extract the audio)

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.11.16 at 10:51 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.17, 10:56 AM   #22
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

wow, actually this was better than any variety song °o°
I'm interested in an audio rip of the entire concert *.*
ukie and SR are so much better far from each other ~3~

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.17, 06:00 PM   #23
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ukigumo's personal music is very different from the material he writes for Ringo.

Ichijiku no Hana was the first song he composed for her [Ringo did the lyrics] and its not something that fits with the Petrolz smooth, pass-the-doobie style.

He's just that versatile a composer, it seems.

hey, I like the Citizens/BBQueen vid link that pops up after Holloway finishes! thats new to me too.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.18, 02:09 AM   #24
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
hey, I like the Citizens/BBQueen vid link that pops up after Holloway finishes! thats new to me too.
May be new to you, but it was posted before in another thread
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.06, 07:22 PM   #25
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hey Glath, is it possible to order stuff on Amazon.jp with an American credit card? I don't want to try until I know for sure.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.06, 07:50 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I've ordered twice from Amazon.co.jp with my Washington Mutual debit MasterCard (before and after they got bought out by Chase). The only 'problem' I've had, is with the 3% foreign transaction fee that all the major American banks are charging lately.

Also, today's exchange rates are somewhere around 93yen to the dollar right now, compared to the 120yen that it used to be before Variety came out. That means instead of spending $20 to buy 2400yen worth of Japanese goods, $20 will now only get you like 1850yen.

Keep those two things in mind and prepare to take the sting. I think you'll be okay.
Old 2008.12.06, 08:52 PM   #27
fluffiethesock

Yikes, that's not cool. But it is nice that they accept American cards. I'm actually going to order the Petrolz album and then tell my parents to give it to me for Christmas. Normally I'd just get it myself, but I'm having a hard time thinking of stuff to ask for this year.

Thanks for the insight, sir!

PS - speaking of Petrolz, a new performance of OSCA is now on Youtube. It's live like the others, but this version seems to have more of a Petrolzy style to it (rather than sounding like the Tokyo Jihen cover).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHphdRHH_M

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2008.12.06 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2009.01.10, 01:27 AM   #28
fluffiethesock

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5721730
Petrolz - Rain

Looks like these kids are finally coming out with a studio album!

edit: mini-album (EVE2009) - released today
http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitema...DS_SORT_CD=104

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2009.01.10 at 01:40 AM.
Old 2009.01.10, 12:38 PM   #29
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Ukigumo's personal music is very different from the material he writes for Ringo.

Ichijiku no Hana was the first song he composed for her [Ringo did the lyrics] and its not something that fits with the Petrolz smooth, pass-the-doobie style.

Waaaait, a second. Ichijiku is one of the few SR songs that I don't remember by heart, but isn't it also VERY popular on this forum (As in, popular even among the people who don't like Ukigumo)? I remember nearly everyone posting it on their ideal Shiina Ringo Greatest Hits list.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.12, 06:31 PM   #30
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Waaaait, a second. Ichijiku is one of the few SR songs that I don't remember by heart, but isn't it also VERY popular on this forum (As in, popular even among the people who don't like Ukigumo)? I remember nearly everyone posting it on their ideal Shiina Ringo Greatest Hits list.
I have the official score of the song. Music credits have those two unique Uki+Kumo kanji next to them. Even if you cant read kanji, we know Ringo's name is four kanji. [edit: Ringo did lyrics]

yeah I was shocked to find that out too. He plays guitar on Ishiki and Meisai. The man is a chameleon with many hats. The more I hear and read about his work, he seems to be a perfect match for Ringo's music.

the big complaints were about his clean guitar tone which isn't hot and blusey like Hirama's, and the man has no pizzazz onstage. but Ukigumo is technically more skilled.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.01.13 at 09:18 AM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote