Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.05, 09:00 PM   #21
Nathan0301

Nathan0301 is headed in the right direction

I don't think Ringo File is a limited item,and there are really many stuff I need to buy...ringo Dvd,Book and file...I still consider whether I should buy them all even though I want them so bad
Old 2009.03.05, 09:24 PM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

obviously they can't publish a 10 year retrospective anniversary file book while her anniversary is still ongoing, thus they had to wait until March 2009, not that bad really, not with the Ringo Expo tie in. As far as anyone is concerned this isn't a limited edition item, it is a special magazine publication by Rockin On, so it is limited in the same sense that any other magazine is limited, being that you generally only can buy it on newstands the month of its release and anytime after from places that sell back copies. So buying this is the same as buying any other Ringo related music magazines. In a sense this is what this is, it is all of her previous article in Rockin On over the past 10 years compiled together.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 01:57 AM   #23
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah but how long are they gonna keep celebrating her 10 years in the industry? With old material, even.
Actually, last time I checked, her working years pretty much ended with the 2007 release called Variety and have not returned still. So in the actual 10th year, nothing really new or exciting came up, neither Jihen or Ringo. Only old material (yeah, the Ringo Expo 2008 is still old material anyway).
It seems even the media is becoming more and more like her EMF fans: we only care about her past, so let's celebrate it.

It's like that 15th Anniversary Judy and Mary album that's gonna be released this year, when they actually disbanded in 2001. So they are including at least 8 years of inactivity in the celebration.

Anyway, my point is: so she's getting a lot of promotion about her long-career. What about it? Is it over already? Isn't there much more work to be done? Maybe it really is over
A collection of pictures and old magazines is good material for the fans, but I don't see how she should be happy about it. What if "only a few artists get this treatment"? "This treatment" is just a way for the magazine to profit.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.03.06 at 02:19 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 02:00 AM   #24
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm bored of this anniversary, it's ran too long and is almost being used to obscure the lack of new material (barring the Expo which is hardly newly penned songs anyway) I expected it to be dead by years end (last year) Pictures are nice. wooden stamps are nice, posters are nice, but new songs would be more welcome.
That said, if I was the label I'd probably milk it for eternity as well.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 02:09 AM   #25
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Yeah. To be honest, I'm getting sick of seeing posts full of gimmicky trash with "Ringo" and yen values attached to them. I don't know if this is too much to ask, but may I have some music, please?
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 02:30 AM   #26
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it is the anniversary since the debut. they are separating 10 years in the business. not necessarily what she did in all those separate years. you know, the same reason why get 25th anniversary editions of movies like Grease etc etc. Mainly to milk money.

I don't get the 15th JAM anniversary. I think it is just an excuse for the tribute album. Are the former members doing anything for it? I don't think so, YUKI is a bit busy recording an album and being preggers.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 03:15 AM   #27
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you know, the same reason why get 25th anniversary editions of movies like Grease etc etc. Mainly to milk money
Precisely what I was talking about =D
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 10:27 AM   #28
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Now Taking Advance Orders for Ringo Book
Orders for Ringo Book, a special booklet produced to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Sheena Ringo's major-label debut, are now being taken as of Tuesday, March 3 at 3:00 p.m. in advance of its publication on Wednesday, May 27. Orders will be taken on SR Nekoyanagi Pocket, our mobile site, from site members. Featuring photos galore, dating back to Ringo's debut and even further back to her childhood days, Ringo Book is certain to make your permanent collection. Don't miss this opportunity!

Advance orders will also be taken on the Neko Kiosk page of this site, the SR Nekoyanagi Line, starting on Tuesday, March 10 at 1:00 p.m. You're free to take advantage of this option as well

Ringo Book
A booklet commemorating Sheena Ringo's 10th anniversary

Advance orders taken from members of SR Nekoyanagi Pocket
Tues., March 3 (3:00 p.m.) – Thurs., March 12 (11:59 p.m.)
Orders taken at Neko Kiosk
Limited to one per person
Comes with a serial number and special Pocket sticker
SR Nekoyanagi Pocket http://p.kronekodow.com/

Order Ringo Book on SR Nekoyanagi Line
Advance Orders Taken on SR Nekoyanagi Line
Tues., March 10 (1:00 p.m.) – Sun., March 22 (11:59 p.m.)
Orders taken at Neko Kiosk
Delivered starting May 27 (tent.)
*Order period ends as soon as designated number is reached
*Serial number and other bonus gifts not included

Information about Ringo Book
Specs
Price: 8,800yen (w/tax and postage)
Size: 270 x 270 x 35 mm
Pages: 108 (tent.)
On sale May 27 at (tent.):
RINGOHAN's Kozuka Store
SR Nekoyanagi Line's Neko Kiosk *Japanese pages only
SR Nekoyanagi Pocket's Neko Kiosk (mobile)
miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.06, 10:50 AM   #29
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

So basically what that means, is that people who aren't Ringohan members can place their pre-orders at Kronekodow.com on March 12th? There's still the problem of needing a Japanese delivery address, but there many deputy services that deal with nonauction transactions. I'm sure I could get at least one brand new Ringo Book this way, but it sounds like Ringohan members are getting something extra special.

Seems kind of like a rip-off to pay 8800yen for 100 pages when the MoRA CD-Box was 7900yen and came with a 100-page booklet (in addition to the CDs themselves), but I imagine the Ringo Book's pages are larger, and not themed so much toward cover art.
Old 2009.03.06, 12:13 PM   #30
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Year 2 of the 10th anniversary is going to be even better than the first! =D

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.03.06 at 12:33 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote