Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.04, 02:26 PM   #231
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
My Luxury Night translation (lol, I bet NO ONE cares about this XD)
I never even noticed this.

I also care, thanks.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.05, 04:45 AM   #232
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

hey, I care too ó_ò
thanks again

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.05, 11:19 AM   #233
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

haha, wow! I had no idea the song had so many fans. XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.12, 12:54 PM   #234
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, I love My Luxury Night as well. Although I think I actually prefer the older bootleg version with just bass and electric guitar. I like both versions a whole lot though.

So what do you guys think Ringo whispers during the "Unconditional Love" performance? Is it in English? Japanese? Something else? I think the last syllable is "me". My personal interpretation is her asking something along the lines of "do you love me?" (in English) to Yayoshi, who she is looking directly at when she whispers it. I could be totally wrong, of course.
Old 2010.06.15, 05:12 PM   #235
persongirl

persongirl is headed in the right direction

Curse you EMI! The only video for it up on youtube is Tsumiki Asobi!!
May you burn in the flames of angry high-school students in America who can't afford Japanese dvds that are expensive as heck!
Youtube is officially ruined.
If anything has any copyright thingy whatsoever it is screwed under the name of youtube.
Sorry, getting carried away in frustration with greedy record companies.
persongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.15, 06:39 PM   #236
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ You need to get into a habit of searching using Japanese characters. "座禅エクスタシー" has results that searching "zazen ecstasy" wouldn't give you, just as searching "椎名林檎" is typically better than searching for "shiina ringo". You can always copy & paste these kana/kanji from wikipedia should you need to search again.
Old 2010.11.06, 05:37 PM   #237
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

I watched this DVD last night for the first time with nearly the 90% of my expectations focused on the live performance of Sakana and a non-EXPO-live-version of Yokushitsu.

I really enjoyed the last one. Although I tend not to look around for any concrete interpretation when it comes to music or art in general, I think that performance recreates perfectly the energy, the insistent pulse, a recurrence in the mind, which is the way I feel about this song without knowing what the lyrics are about even in the chorus.

On the other hand, I'm really dissapointed with Sakana, even after listening to it more than once. I consider this song one of my favorites of hers, and this live performance sound quite hollow to me in comparison with the studio version. The abscence of the trumpet takes a lot away from the original recording, let alone the lack of expression of the guitarist during the solo, which is, in my opinion, the height/climax moment of this song. I don't like the drums either, they sound generic, so far away from the Shouso Strip track.

Maybe I'm wrong with my previous high expectations, which are not usually recommended.

Last edited by Carlx : 2010.11.06 at 05:41 PM.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.15, 07:59 PM   #238
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Best of the best of the DVDs IMO.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.11, 09:39 PM   #239
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Double posting BUT

WHY don't ANY of the other releases sound as good as this? MEMAI sound OUTSTANDING. Not even Ultra C on Blu Ray sounds THIS good.

Actually, I don't have any music DVDs that sound as good as this one. It's just plain awesome!
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.12, 06:29 AM   #240
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Double posting BUT

WHY don't ANY of the other releases sound as good as this? MEMAI sound OUTSTANDING. Not even Ultra C on Blu Ray sounds THIS good.

Actually, I don't have any music DVDs that sound as good as this one. It's just plain awesome!
I'd probably guess it has to do with the acoustics of the theatre, the show being shot and streamed to fans as a special event (it was a one night thing where the crowd was specially selected by lottery, but must fans streamed over the internet), and perhaps just down to whomever was working sound production at the time.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote