Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.23, 01:36 PM   #151
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this is up on iTunes Japan if anyone is curious to hear clips
Old 2009.06.23, 01:45 PM   #152
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Thanks alot for the alert, Kuro. I just finished listening to SG previews and am now listening to Toridori previews. I'm really liking what I'm hearing from both albums. I like how down-to-earth Toridori is sounding. I don't care what anyone says, Rie has a great voice now. It's so light and refreshing, like a summer rain. I was really worried this album would sound a lot like Adult, even though I really liked "Tokai no Manaa". Hopefully an overseas version will come out next month (when I predict the overseas version of Best+3 will be out).
Shiina Ringo is Santa Claus again!

EDIT: "Kodomo no Joukei" sounds like a cross between "Nihon ni Umarete", "Yume no Ato", and Maaya Sakamoto's "Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta".

Last edited by Entry№1 : 2009.06.23 at 01:50 PM.
Old 2009.06.23, 01:55 PM   #153
kuro_neko

yeah, and surprisingly, the most offensive track on the album comes from Izawa. It sounds like a Variety-reject song. Ukigumo's track is actually quite interesting, not even guitar. I agree, Kodomo no Joukei sounds like this weird mix of Nippon ni Umarete and Yume no Ato, kind of sweet but slightly creepy at the same time haha.
Old 2009.06.23, 01:57 PM   #154
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

^ ...whoa. Now I'm curious.
Old 2009.06.23, 02:00 PM   #155
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

thanks neko
this place also has the previews and you don't need itunes. This woman really does know the right people. There is no other way to explain it.
Old 2009.06.24, 12:46 AM   #156
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Any impressions? The previews sound surprisingly OK.
Old 2009.06.24, 01:16 AM   #157
kuro_neko

I suppose I will get to make up for being one of the last to review SG by being one of the first to review this album. Hopefully I will have it in the next few days and I can post my thoughts here.

I'm surprised at the previews. Each song sounds like a different vocalist, the only track to have those old school "rie" vocals seems to be Tokai no Manner, which is kind of interesting. The opening track is gorgeous. Overall, the better material seems to be the stuff that Ringo was directly related to, but the opening and closing tracks are both really awesome too (the closing track Mother Goose is by Kaela Kimura, so that probably helps).

We've all heard Tokai no Manner but after hearing the other tracks this track really sounds singular in its tone and scope, the only track of its kind on the album.

mezame sounds interesting for an uki track, doesn't seem to have jihen as guest musicians, in fact there doesn't even seem to be guitar. overall this was better than izawa's track, tarinsu, which I don't like the first part of the preview. The second half sounds a bit better but the entire thing, from music to production just smells of Variety, but not even a track that would make it on Variety. It just feels like something Izawa wrote that would be pass for Ringo and a yes for Rie.

Kodomo no Joukei is interesting, it feels gentle and calm but has a kind of lilting melody that reminds me of nippon ni umarete. it walks this line between sounding peaceful and slightly dark, very interested to hear the full version.
Old 2009.06.24, 05:55 AM   #158
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
yeah, and surprisingly, the most offensive track on the album comes from Izawa.
This is surprising? Most of his Variety tracks were shit. =p
Old 2009.06.24, 06:46 AM   #159
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ukigumo gets most of the hate but Izawa is really the one who stains TJ
Old 2009.06.24, 06:53 AM   #160
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Adult:
Ringo tracks: 8
Kameda tracks: 2
Izawa tracks: 1
Ukigumo tracks: 0
Hata tracks: 0

Variety:

Ukigumo tracks: 7
Izawa tracks: 5
Kameda tracks: 1
Hata tracks: 0
Ringo tracks: 0

Hata Total: 0 (sad)
Kameda Total: 3
Izawa Total: 6
Ukigumo Total: 7
Ringo Total: 8

There's no real culprit, it's a matter of taste...
Closed Thread