Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.10.08, 11:32 PM   #1
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction
Default Interesting Shiina Ringo Blogs

I feel it is about time that we had a thread for interesting Shiina Ringo related writing we have found around the internet. It can be interesting to see what various people from around about think of her.

For example, I thought this was a great primer to her when I first became aware of her all those years ago: Heart on a Stick

(edit: looks like this blog has since gone down, shame it was a great blog)

Mainly though I am being cheeky and simply plugging my own blog here, where I just wrote this: Witnessing the Incident Live
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.20, 07:13 AM   #2
Mr Sands

No one else found any interesting Shiina Ringo related writings around the internet? Anything is fair game I think, whether it be English, Spanish, Welsh or whatever.

Anyway here is a post about Carnation along with a loose translation that I found. The cover is nice to listen to as well. http://caityjaymusic.com/2011/10/19/song-associations/
Old 2011.10.20, 07:24 AM   #3
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Yay, best thread ever.

Last edited by Orenji : 2011.10.20 at 09:01 AM.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.20, 07:55 AM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I periodically Google around for Shiina Ringo, but most blog entries can be difficult to find when they don't have much Page Rank yet. Sometimes I come across indiscriminate fans complaining about how negative they've found EMF to be - as if positive feedback would actually mean anything in a positive-only environment.

This topic you started here isn't actually a bad idea, Mr Sands - even though there hasn't been a rush of replies yet. I'm not gonna throw a temper tantrum about anyone with a substantial (non-promotional) presence in this community, each posting links to their own non-upload blogs a small percentage of their non-lurking time at EMF. Feel free to continue linking to any other relevant blogs you find. I'd rather you did that if the blog owners weren't EMF posters yet, than have them start posting at EMF primarily to link to their own blogs.
Old 2011.10.20, 09:00 AM   #5
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

What a surprise... I've had my blog for more than 5 years now, so the last thing I need is promotion, believe me. But hey, link deleted .
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.20, 09:12 AM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Deleted because???
a.) It was an upload blog?
b.) You don't have a substantial presence here at EMF?
c.) You linking to your blog from EMF, has been this noticeably reoccurring thing (relative to the magnitude of non-linking posts you make)?

You'll have to enlighten me, because I simply don't know.
I haven't looked for reasons (or thought up any new ones) to rule you out, but you seem to be construing my ethics as if I'm rejecting you by default.
Old 2011.10.20, 02:05 PM   #7
Mr Sands

I don't think there was any need to delete your link. I don't think I'd seen your blog before and it's nice to know it was there.

I was also happy that someone was writing about SR in Spanish and replied so quickly. I was thinking it was just a matter of time that the Welsh articles started to flood in.

Not that I can understand welsh or anything, it would just be nice to know they are there.....
Old 2011.10.20, 02:14 PM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Orenji has always had a link to his blog from his EMF profile, which I'm still okay with.
(but it doesn't have to be the maximum extent to which anyone promotes their blog - I'm also okay with people posting in EMF about their blogs, in moderation)
Old 2011.11.25, 05:27 AM   #9
ParisJihen

ParisJihen has had more than 15 seconds of fame

a nice chinese forum: http://shiinaringo.5d6d.com/
ParisJihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.10, 11:04 PM   #10
Sherry

Sherry pleased at least somebody

^
It is kronekoya!(house of black cats)
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote