Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.06.27, 12:02 PM   #161
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

welcome, k4k45h1
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 12:53 AM   #162
winddomino

winddomino pleased at least somebody

I discovered TJ (and, therefore, SR) through some youtube links that were posted on 4chan's /t/ as samples for a Dynamite Out audio rip torrent. Everything just snowballed from there, and now I'm working on buying all her CDs and am awaiting TJ's new album.
winddomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 06:18 AM   #163
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

this is the most random way to discover TJ/SR
welcome btw!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 07:28 AM   #164
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by winddomino View Post
I discovered TJ (and, therefore, SR) through some youtube links that were posted on 4chan's /t/ as samples for a Dynamite Out audio rip torrent. Everything just snowballed from there, and now I'm working on buying all her CDs and am awaiting TJ's new album.
Parts of 4chan like Shiina Ringo? I tried to post about her on /mu/ and got called a troll.
Old 2009.07.14, 09:09 AM   #165
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

It seems like the general opinion is that Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Jihen are good on /mu/ but there's always going to be haters on that board. I've seen people insult Tsumi to Batsu and Gibs and then I've seen people praising KSK and someone even said Sanmon Gossip was their #1 album of 2009 so far. So it's really mixed opinions. I think /mu/ makes the rest of 4chan look nice by comparison. They tend to be real elitist asshats on there.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2009.07.14 at 09:12 AM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.03, 02:24 PM   #166
momo34

momo34 pleased at least somebody

Hi, I am new here. its a good forum and i like it so far! So I heard of shiina ringo on the radio for years but i did not know who she was, it was only till i watched a full segment on mtv japan and looked at the artist name and it was her PV, and then started looking for more music of hers online by search. the first song i listened fully was Honnou. ever since i have been a big big fan i have all her album now. Superficial Gossip is still as good as her previous'. i think she gets better with age. she is also very attractive
momo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.03, 02:34 PM   #167
憂い菩薩

憂い菩薩 is headed in the right direction

My good friend gave me Adult in mp3 form ("You want Japanese music, this is the pinnacle"), I went to Japan two weeks later and came back with MM, SS, KZK, Kyouiku, and four singles. Haven't stopped listening to them since
憂い菩薩 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.01, 11:46 PM   #168
Asenath

Asenath pleased at least somebody

I remember i got into shiina's music the day after one of my best friend's birthday, it was on march 17th in 2007, we woke up that day and one of my friends told me "you must love Shiina Ringo!" and y said "Shiina... what?", and she turned on the computer and made me watch me Honnou, Stem, Meisai and Identity, I liked the songs but I said "ok, ok, I'll look for her music and I'll tell you next week if I really liked her or not". Now she's one of the few female singers I can listen to.
Asenath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.15, 12:17 PM   #169
momeraths

momeraths is headed in the right direction

I remember last year, around October, i was listening to 'kawaii radio' and the electric mole version of kuki came on and i was hooked! I was searching for the song on youtube and found Stem, and I didn't really like what i heard at first so I went on to honnou next, found it was a completely genre and got even more confused! But later on into 2009, I eventually got hooked on Stem then the rest of her songs! Though I didn't like the idea at first, I loved how she used so many different genres.
momeraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.22, 02:09 AM   #170
shiinafile

shiinafile is headed in the right direction

Hi! My virgin post I discovered SR by accident. I had bought this japanese compilation back in like 98' (forgot the name of it and way buried in my collection) with a bunch of odd Jrock on it. One of the outstanding tracks was by Cocco. I searched hi and lo trying to find more of her - nada. Finally, one day, in like 02 I did a limewire search for her and as you know many related artist come up. I downloaded one of the SR songs, which just happened to Tsumi to Batsu. Man, I was hooked from that moment on.
shiinafile is offline   Reply With Quote