Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 02:39 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2007.04.27 - Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou Instrumentals (Download) [Album]

平成風俗 大吟醸 (Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou)

01. ギャンブル (Gamble)
02. (Kuki)
03. 錯乱 TERRA ver. (Sakuran TERRA ver.)
04. ハツコイ娼女 (Hatsukoi Shoujo)
05. パパイヤマンゴー (Papaya Mango)
06. 意識 (Ishiki)
07. 浴室 (Yokushitsu)
08. 迷彩 (Meisai)
09. ポルターガイスト (Poltergeist)
10. カリソメ乙女 TAMEIKESANNOH ver. (Karisome Otome TAMEIKESANNOH ver.)
11. 花魁 (Oiran)
12. 夢のあと (Yume no Ato)
13. この世の限り (Kono Yo no Kagiri)
14. カリソメ乙女 DEATH JAZZ ver. (Karisome Otome DEATH JAZZ ver.)
Total Playtime: 54:43

Note: The above links are for encrypted files you must purchase the keys to unlock.

Availability (Online Only): e-onkyo music
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.20, 12:51 PM   #4
momeraths

momeraths is headed in the right direction
Default Heisei Fuuzoku Instrumentals?

Sorry to be a pain, I see there was a topic for these a few years ago

As a singer I was pretty exciting to see there's official instrumentals of at least one ringo album
But.. I know the only way to get hold of them is online, and the site is a bit to me.
So, does anyone know another place to get hold of the album, or have anyway of showing how to navigate the e-onkyo site?

Thanks
momeraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.20, 05:53 PM   #5
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I had no luck on the e-onkyo site. I first Google translated the main page, which generally does a good job of turning indecipherable Japanese into indecipherable English, then copied the Kanji for the album from the Wikipedia Shiina Ringo discography page and pasted it in the onkyo site, but all I got was information, with no download link.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.20, 06:36 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I don't know how to read much Kanji, and I was able to navigate the site. I cheated by looking at the URL names and the Page Source, because the registration fields where you input your information, all had English names in the code but not in the frontend/interface. Getting past the Japanese isn't the hardest part though.

A few warnings:

1.) You have to be a Windows user.

2.) You need a credit card which has no problems doing transactions with Japan.

3.) You need to use Internet Explorer to conduct the purchase.

4a.) The music is DRMed so it can only be played on the Windows installation you purchased the music from, and only in Windows Media Player.

4b.) If you are running Windows Media Player 9 or some instances of 10, the DRM can be broken - then you can move/play the songs anywhere, and not just in Windows Media Player. If you are running Window Media Player 11 or later, or you are not running Windows at all, then I recommend you set up a VMware install of Windows XP - preferably with Service Pack 2 or earlier, and update it as little as you have to. Then conduct your online purchase via the Virtual Machine, then decrypt the songs (via FairUse4WM), use dBpowerAMP to convert the songs to FLAC or Apple Lossless if WMA-Lossless isn't compatible with your favorite player, then move the songs out of the Virtual Machine into your native operating system. You might also want to use another WMP-related tool which tells you the decryption keys (if you are a legitimate licenseholder with your own keys buried somewhere within the local Windows install), and you email those keys to yourself in-case you experience a hard drive crash and have to redownload everything.

5.) The music is in 96kHz/24bit, which is beyond the capabilities of 99.99% of portable players, but dBpowerAMP or foobar2000 can convert it to 44.1kHz/16bit for you.

I should have conducted my purchases via a Virtual Machine, should have harvested my keys, and made backups of both. I have backups of my unDRMed files though, but that's much higher-maintenance, and once I lose those, I lose everything. I no longer have my keys (after wiping Windows). pariscombo has mentioned you can retrieve your previously-purchased keys from e-Onkyo once or twice, but after all these years and various changes to the system, e-Onkyo no longer acknowledges me as having done any previous business with them.

I'm afraid there's no alternatives. e-Onkyo has the only HF Instrumentals available for purchase, and they also have an unadulterated version of the audio from the HF DVD (everything is 96kHz/24bit but there's no cross-fading between the tracks), and an unadulterated version of the audio from the Senkou Shoujo DVD (everything is 96kHz/24bit, but Put Your Camera Down is the only credit roll they include). I also particularly like a lot of the classical music they offer, all of which sounds noticeably great in 96kHz/24bit (it's a higher audio resolution - like a picture having more pixels in it).
Old 2009.11.21, 02:29 AM   #7
momeraths

momeraths is headed in the right direction

Ok, well thanks a lot for the info!
Luckily I have what's needed so i'll keep trying
momeraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.21, 05:16 PM   #8
ParisJihen

ParisJihen has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by momeraths View Post
As a singer I was pretty exciting to see there's official instrumentals of at least one ringo album
As a guitarist too !
ParisJihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 03:11 AM   #9
StrawberryPop

StrawberryPop pleased at least somebody

Not sure if it's okay to necro-post, but...

Was this available to the public for a limited time only? I managed to find a copy of the Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou album, and want to purchase the instrumentals to compliment it...
StrawberryPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 09:46 AM   #10
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's never too late to reply to a Product topic.

Usually when it's premeditated that something is available for a limited time, it's for less than a year. All of the Shiina Ringo tracks we could buy from e-Onkyo were (as far as I saw) available for at least three years, with no indication that they were ever going to become unavailable.

What the situation looks like to me, is that e-Onkyo went through some kind of an overhaul of their whole website, and a lot of old releases disappeared (not just the HF Instrumentals). The HF non-instrumentals were also available (without the cross-fading you get on the DVD), and every track you can find on the Senkou Shoujo DVD. Those tracks are all missing from e-Onkyo now, too.

I wouldn't even speculate that the disappearances are specific to Shiina Ringo, or that EMI requested any takedown. This looks like e-Onkyo neglecting to maintain their catalog. So maybe if we begged them and/or EMI, the tracks could become available again.

----------------------------------

On another note, even if you could buy the tracks today, you'd still have the problems we had 6 years ago: the tracks were DRM'd to Windows Media Player.

Sure, there are always techniques to play music in one application (such as Windows Media Player) while it's being recorded in some other application, but this is a 1x technique (it takes 60 real minutes to harvest 60 minutes of audio). More things can go wrong with 1x techniques, like the recorded files are a different volume level or quality than the originals, or your computer makes other sounds (despite your best intentions) which end up being saved into the recording. When I broke the DRM back in 2007, it took only 5 minutes to unlock the whole album, and the audio was immaculate. But I had to meet a few conditions, which nobody would meet today as purely a matter of chance. Unfortunately, I lost most of my data in March, so I only have the instrumentals in MP3 now. But I used to have them in 96kHz/24bit lossless, because that's how they were sold.

The whole set of HF instrumentals was priced like a tangible Japanese album, so I have to question the sanity of anyone who would pay that without being optimally prepared.

*edit*

Wow, I forgot that the starting post of this topic had direct links to the files, and as it turns out... the links still work!
The files are encrypted, but as computers become increasingly powerful for the money we pay, we'll someday be able to crack these files with brute force.

It's weird that e-Onkyo's revamped website doesn't have a listing to those files, even though the files still exist.