Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.12, 07:25 PM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
What a ridiculous post. Has this board already sunk to this level?
I've heard bad things about the old forum but it seems that it's [edit: becoming] the same here. So many cynics, which is fine because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what's the point in saying that? If you didn't like the thread then just give it a bad rating or bad rep for the poster but writing things like that just makes matters worse.

Plus, I don't mean to offend you or anything, but you only have 5 posts so how do you know where the forum has come from to be at "this level" anyway?

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.05.13 at 07:38 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.12, 07:42 PM   #12
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
Bellamy's voice gives me orgasms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrp0l2em-U I love Muse.

Haha, I've never seen that video. That's good stuff.

My favorite Muse song, though I don't usually like songs where it just sounds like people are making noises instead of singing, would have to be Micro Cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXokqiSKi9I

This version is kinda goofy cause he strains through some of the higher-pitched parts (nothing against Bellamy, this song sounds like it'd be impossible to sing in concert), but he hits most of the right notes. And it's incredible.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.12, 09:22 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Plus, I don't mean to offend you or anything, but you only have 5 posts so how do you know where the forum has come from to be at "this level" anyway?
Well, iirc Nebularus might have been at the old forums. post count is irrelevant to his one, well - i dont wanna use the word dumb, so lets go with "misguided," his one misguided post. So watch where you treaded there, Hedo.
Old 2007.05.12, 11:21 PM   #14
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

This idea makes me sick.
Esp. in these days when SR's having a crisis of her position in TJ.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.13, 05:45 AM   #15
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I've heard bad things about the old forum but it seems that it's the same here.
I do not agree.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.13, 07:40 AM   #16
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Well, iirc Nebularus might have been at the old forums. post count is irrelevant to his one, well - i dont wanna use the word dumb, so lets go with "misguided," his one misguided post. So watch where you treaded there, Hedo.
What would it matter if he was in the old forum? He said that this forum was reaching a certain "level" so he would not really know where it started if he does not come often. He might come often and just not post much, but I think it is unfounded to talk about how far we have come in this new forum if he has not been around often.

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
I do not agree.
I meant to say that it was becoming the same here. But it's good that you don't agree because I hope it doesnt get to the point where they have to close this forum too.
Old 2007.05.13, 10:13 AM   #17
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I hope it doesnt get to the point where they have to close this forum too.
Well, the reason for the old forum closing was more one person's grudge against a few outspoken members, rather than the arguments/debates going on between regular members. There are safeguards in place on this forum to prevent such an overthrow, so I'm going to say that there would have to be a pretty serious flamewar for this forum to end up closing.
Old 2007.05.13, 11:44 AM   #18
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Well, the reason for the old forum closing was more one person's grudge against a few outspoken members, rather than the arguments/debates going on between regular members. There are safeguards in place on this forum to prevent such an overthrow, so I'm going to say that there would have to be a pretty serious flamewar for this forum to end up closing.
That is good to hear
Old 2007.05.13, 04:37 PM   #19
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

What would it matter if he was in the old forum? He said that this forum was reaching a certain "level" so he would not really know where it started if he does not come often. He might come often and just not post much, but I think it is unfounded to talk about how far we have come in this new forum if he has not been around often.
Listen, I am a lurker of this board (and the previous one which I joined way back when it first opened), but that doesn't matter. What matters is that this kind of topic is ridiculous. Why even bother contemplating whether Shiina could be replaced? It's obvious that the band would cease to exist.

I never have the urge to post, since I simply enjoy reading what others have written/are writing, but from my experience, posts like these are soon followed by other inane topics such as "what is the colour of Shiina's pocket lint?" and/or "have you ever thought about what it would feel like to be shampoo running through Shiina's hair?", etc... so, totally counterproductive.

In any case, long live SR! Long live TJ!

Last edited by Nebularus : 2007.05.13 at 04:42 PM.
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.13, 04:51 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
"have you ever thought about what it would feel like to be shampoo running through Shiina's hair?"
Somebody please make that topic!

When you have a forum with such a diverse group of people, with such a diverse taste in music amongst other things, not everybody is going to agree, which is fine. As long as people respect each others opinions, and it all stays fairly light hearted I see no problem, and I have seen very little on these forums to be worried about. If this type of topic is all we have to worry about, I think I'll survive.

I like it here