Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.30, 02:15 PM   #91
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Sigh. Oh, sigh.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 03:15 AM   #92
mucker69

mucker69 pleased at least somebody

Sorry this is an old thread but... I only just bought dynamite out a couple of days ago and am really loving it!
I hope this hasn't been posted already (I looked back and didn't find it anyhow) but if anyone's interested I just translated the little comic thing quickly because it's kind of funny/weird Sorry it's a pretty shoddy translation but hopefully you get the general idea..
(By the way, if anyone has the beginning to this comic in dynamite in I'd love if you could share if that's allowed!)

UNDERGROUND LOVE 2
by Moto Hideyasu

Mole: Let's go meet your mum.
[BOOM]
[mole gets hit on head with hammer]
Mole: Ow! What the hell are you doing?!
Mum: Sorry. But don't you just want to hit moles impulsively when you see them? (sorry poor english! but it's basically a reference to whac-a-mole)
Mole: Don't say that to a mole. By the way...you're Hiroshi's mum?
Mum: Yes....
Mole: Here you go.
Mum: Hiroshi!!
[he has been squashed by her hammer]
Mum: Oh no, what should I do...
Mole: Alright, let's discuss this at your place.
Mum: Ok.

Mum: I wanted to thank you for raising my son.
[who is folded up... for some reason]
Mole: Yeah. But why? Why would you be so desperate to find Hiroshi after you just threw him away?
Mum: My husband's abuse was terrible. So I guess I wanted to find someone better to take care of him. But... the other day, I was finally able to get away from my husband. So I wanted Hiroshi to come live with me again. Actually it's really convenient we're having this talk now.
Mole: Well I guess it's true I raised him well, so in the end it was right what you did.
Mum: Thankyou, you're so kind... (mole: hehehe)
Mole: By the way.... are we alone right now? (mum: yes)
Mole: Do you love me?
Mum: Huh? Um... I do.
Mole: So no regrets, ok?
Mum: Could we make it darker? I'm kind of embarrassed...
Mole: Hm? That dynamite blew a huge hole. Perfect! I'll just stick it on here.
Mum: Nice idea!!
Mole: Now where were we...
Hiroshi: The end
mucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.01, 03:02 PM   #93
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Does anyone know where I might get this DVD in region one format? I would love you foreverrrr if someone could point me in the right direction!
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.01, 03:28 PM   #94
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There doesn't need to be a Region 1 release of Dynamite Out. The Japanese release is All Region. Most of the Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen DVDs are actually All Region - despite the vendor websites which assume all of these DVDs are Region 2. I believe Gekokujyo Xstasy is the only Region 2 disc. The rest of the DVDs are All Region - including bonus DVDs (Ringo no Uta and Adult), and the MoRA DVDs. This tends to be the norm with EMI (the Ringohan concert DVD published by Kronekodow Ltd is also All Region). Some of the other Japanese record labels are more anal about Region restrictions. The vendors don't bother keeping track of which Japanese releases are All Region versus which ones are truly Region 2 - they just want you to assume the worst about Regions so they're not liable if you end up buying a disc that doesn't work for you. In reality, there's dozens of people in this community who will tell you the one and only legitimate release of Dynamite Out plays in their Region 1 setup just fine.

Check the starting post of this thread. The Japanese branch of Amazon (avoid the North American branches because they'll rip you off on Japanese releases), CD Japan, and HMV Japan should all offer you legitimate All Region copies - whether they realize it or not. The Japanese branch of Tower Records used to ship internationally, but now they pretty much don't anymore. All the EMF links to Tower are broken after Tower recently overhauled their site anyway.
Old 2010.04.01, 04:25 PM   #95
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

: O

NO WAY!

*dances crazily around the room*
I am so happy right now. OH MAN. I am going to get that DVD prettty much right now!
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.02, 11:21 AM   #96
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I've been listening to DO again lately. At first it was difficult going back just because of the sad reality of today's band. I'm glad I went back though as I have a new favorite from the show in The Lady is a Tramp. Yep. Something about this performance just does it for me. It keeps the integrity of the original song (unlike Sounan), but the band just blasts through it with an energy that could never be captured in the studio.
Old 2011.04.05, 10:58 AM   #97
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

I've also been listening to an audio-rip of DO on a regular basis lately, but yesterday I played Kyouiku after some months, and those songs that make the concert unique (like Jusui Negai, Ekimae, Yume no Ato and on...) caused the original versions to sound kind of rigid to my ears in contrast to that energy you are talking about.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.03, 10:17 AM   #98
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Does anyone know what are the lines that she says right before the beginning of Jusui Negai?
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.04, 11:11 PM   #99
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
Does anyone know what are the lines that she says right before the beginning of Jusui Negai?
I can't hear it well enough on my rusty mp3 player to give an exact translation, but from what I can make out she is saying she is back where she was once before and she missed everyone. Nothing substantial, really, like "Stop nuclear power."
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.01, 02:28 AM   #100
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

DO's Kao is one of my favourite examples of how SR's vocals alone can make any song hers. I'm talking about the way she sings certain notes with a moan-like quality that reminds me of a distressed cat crying to its owner. I love this about her voice, and Kao has it in spades. It comes through much less in the recording.

Also, Kao, Genjitsu Oite, Genjitsu wo Warau, and If You Can Touch It sounds like a kind of tragic epic romance when listened to in sequence (I made this discovery BEFORE I learned that Kao and Oite were combined in JCHI )
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote