Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.09.17, 05:21 AM   #51
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I dunno, the whole reserved image started long before people probably like to admit... That is, with KZK/Baishou Xtasy. Hell, it's present on EM/ZX too. And it feels far more theatrical/put on/calculated there than it does at current.

So get over it.
Not a damn thing you said contradicts what I said. If anything, the close proximity implies it's not a natural process of growing up that caused it.
Old 2014.09.17, 05:24 AM   #52
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I wasn't trying to contradict what you said, just pointed out the fact that it's time to let it go... she's been like that for more than 10 years now. It's probably an act, sure. But since when was anyone 100% sure of what Yumiko Shiina was truly like behind the "Ringo" stage persona? You never, ever really see any pictures of her home life. She could be a child beater for all we know :-p

Granted, if I was there from the start and fell in love with MM era Ringo for the persona, I'd potentially be a bit cold about it too. But her music for the most part has stayed quite solid (at least solo work). You have to ask yourself why you've stuck around this long if you really are that annoyed with the image changes she has made... and does it really matter in the end.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.09.17 at 05:31 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.17, 11:57 AM   #53
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

She could be a child beater for all we know :-p
We do know. Fukushuu.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.18, 07:11 AM   #54
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

The way some people complain about her, it's like she beat their childhoods.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.18, 08:06 AM   #55
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I wasn't trying to contradict what you said, just pointed out the fact that it's time to let it go... she's been like that for more than 10 years now. It's probably an act, sure. But since when was anyone 100% sure of what Yumiko Shiina was truly like behind the "Ringo" stage persona? You never, ever really see any pictures of her home life. She could be a child beater for all we know :-p

Granted, if I was there from the start and fell in love with MM era Ringo for the persona, I'd potentially be a bit cold about it too. But her music for the most part has stayed quite solid (at least solo work). You have to ask yourself why you've stuck around this long if you really are that annoyed with the image changes she has made... and does it really matter in the end.
k but you're reading far too much into my simple statement that she went from one extreme to the other.