Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.03.30, 11:55 AM   #41
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I personally hope it was Haroumi Hosono. That would be great. A new wave Ringo project. Bring it!
You almost know it's going happen. At least one song. every tokyo act, well every tokyo "mindie" artists as my friend calls them, is doing it.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.06, 06:39 AM   #42
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I've never been a huge fan of Kuki until about a month ago. I dreamed about it a few days ago. Strange dream.

I was at a house party, but had to leave to take my friend home and comfort him because his mother had died. When I returned to the party, the adults became children, and they were all listening to Kuki on the stereo. MY mother called, so I turned Kuki off so I could hear her properly, whereupon all the children protested by singing Kuki at the top of their lungs, past the point where I had turned it off (and finishing with Entry number one!). I woke up shortly after, and rushed to listen to the song -- naturally.

It was a very vivid dream because the kiddy rendition of Kuki was extremely loud and powerful (and some of the children were crying their little hearts out ), as if I'd been listening to the song on my mp3 player as I slept.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2012.04.06 at 06:44 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.06, 06:59 AM   #43
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I've never been a huge fan of Kuki until about a month ago. I dreamed about it a few days ago. Strange dream.

I was at a house party, but had to leave to take my friend home and comfort him because his mother had died. When I returned to the party, the adults became children, and they were all listening to Kuki on the stereo. MY mother called, so I turned Kuki off so I could hear her properly, whereupon all the children protested by singing Kuki at the top of their lungs, past the point where I had turned it off (and finishing with Entry number one!). I woke up shortly after, and rushed to listen to the song -- naturally.

It was a very vivid dream because the kiddy rendition of Kuki was extremely loud and powerful (and some of the children were crying their little hearts out ), as if I'd been listening to the song on my mp3 player as I slept.
If I had this dream, kuki would freak me out too much to ever listen to again... but really interesting
Old 2012.04.06, 08:25 AM   #44
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

@Scribble
Was it sort of like the choir in the Virgin Line performance of Souretsu? That was the mental image I got when I read your post.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.06, 10:15 AM   #45
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Yeah, kind of -- except it had a less 'these kids are announcing your death' feel about it, because a few of the children were hunched over, bawling their eyes out. The room was quite small, and I was standing in the middle with the kids surrounding me.

It was just odd how damn loud and powerful it was. When I woke up, I could still hear the remains of the song fading away.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.29, 07:12 AM   #46
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

I had a dream last night where I went to a Tokyo Jihen concert with 5-6 of my friends from high school. Somehow we were randomly in Japan and got tickets. We had front row seats next to the stage, which wasn't raised up, so Ringo was coming out right in front of people in the crowd and interacting. The venue was a square facility with about 3000 people (everyone on floor level, like a big open convention hall) but the ceiling went up probably 150 ft. It was a similar setlist to the Bon Voyage shows, so Saito Neko was there with the orchestra. They played a new song too (really awesome), but of course I forgot the melody when I woke up. Everything was in Japanese so I couldn't understand it.

A couple of my friends were really into everything but there were a couple who got really restless (they were drunk) when they were playing the Broadway and orchestra type stuff. My friend on the right was heckling the orchestra right when they started a song and they stopped played and kicked him and I out of the concert!

I was mad, but they left us in the building. I kinda halfway knew it was a dream, so we snuck in through the air duct (Goldeneye-style) to a balcony that went around about 50 feet off the floor level and watched more of the concert. SR went down and was dancing with my friends in the front row as she was singing. They were acting really obnoxious and grinding on her, so she quit singing and yelled some humorous insults at them in pretty simple (but correct) English, then got them all kicked out too. They immediately joined us in the balcony thanks to dream magic and we watched some more of the concert (SR played drums on a song and held the drumsticks awkwardly like she was Max Weinberg).

I think they played Onna no Ko wa Daredemo after that. My friends were mad and all-out heckling people now. There were security guards trying to bust in through the gate we had latched on the air duct. My friends are like, no problem, there are 3-4 more levels higher up we can go to.... but then we saw a glassed-in security area up above the next catwalk that we were planning on sneaking into next.

I woke up after that. It was a fun dream.

Last edited by thefro : 2012.05.29 at 07:18 AM.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.22, 02:04 PM   #47
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I just woke up from a nap where I dreamed I tagged along with the filming of MTV Cribs: Shiina Ringo. Ringo was wearing a cream-colored kimono with a cute bob haircut and climbed into what looked like a giant beige-colored Ford Silverado. We followed her drive to her house, a giant white McMansion in a western-style suburb. She had a corner lot that looked like it covered maybe a half-to-three-quarters acre, with a big gaudy step fountain in back. I was very confused.
Old 2012.09.23, 08:49 AM   #48
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

^^^ What did her bathroom look like?
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.23, 01:45 PM   #49
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I had a dream recently during the middle of the day where I watched Shiina Ringo perform a new solo song live. She played on the acoustic guitar and the song reminded me of something from Shouso Strip, very upbeat & strong. It was just strange how vivid the song sounded and how the words were very clearly in coherent Japanese. It's kind of weird how the brain does that. In my mind I tried to remember how it sounded, but I couldn't.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.19, 04:57 PM   #50
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Had a dream the other night that Tokyo Jihen was reuniting on February 29, 2016, and that they were putting out an Utaite Myouri style cover album of classic jazz songs.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote