Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.11.29, 12:42 PM   #11
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

I got people hooked on some of her songs, not her as a whole though. La Salle de Bain/Yokushitsu and Stem seems to be the hits among the people.

A lot of my friends are pop music fanatics though... Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. For a group of people who are great at the arts, gay peoples' musical tastes suck. Hehe.
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.29, 01:34 PM   #12
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Umm, I think i've gotten 3 people into the band so far. One is still on hold, though. The first two were alot more into TJ than solo Ringo, and they both really like all three of their albums also. The one i'm working on "converting" right now is a bit on and off, he mostly liked everything but just to varying degrees. However, he did say that he wanted to go to Japan and kidnap Ringo so we better be on the lookout @_@
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.29, 05:47 PM   #13
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

When I was young I tried to convert my friends to Shiina, only they were the kind of people who listened to rap and all that crap like Rihanna (compared to Shiina).

Shiina is too much for most, you can't convert them because they aren't ready for her. They're used to the crap they play on MTV.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.29, 07:56 PM   #14
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ yup. I just get really annoyed when someone tells me "their music is good, but i'd listen to it if it was in english" >_<. Like if most people even really care what the music they listen to says. I'm sure no one really wants to "bust a cap in someone's ass" or "slap their bitch ass girlfriend". They just sing along to it regardless.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.29, 08:10 PM   #15
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Most of my closest friends are, at the very least, casual fans of SR, but now I'm telling them to stay away for obvious reasons.
Old 2007.11.29, 09:46 PM   #16
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I used to introduce SR to my male friends who are into music (like my former bandmates). When they heard that SR is a female artist, their interests soon distracted to "how she looks like?" "is she sexy?" and such, no matter how many times I tell them to focus on her music. It's just when the it comes to female artists they'll no longer believe that they can be musically good without being a puppet of male manipulators.

Once I said to one of them "I believe SR is the best artst I bumped into in a long time..." and he suddenly blurted "woman making music....euh..."
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.30, 06:08 AM   #17
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Canto View Post
Once I said to one of them "I believe SR is the best artst I bumped into in a long time..." and he suddenly blurted "woman making music....euh..."
That's gross.

I converted 1 person. But he isn't interested in her newer works either. The rest of my friends tend to listen to metal...
I hate metal

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.30, 10:23 AM   #18
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, metal is nasty.

I have too many SR stories to talk about right now, but maybe I'll compile them later.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.30, 03:19 PM   #19
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yea nobody likes her voice... a sudden glimsp into the workings of the universe must've been require for people to "click" onto her music...

I do have a friend who's a big hikki fan and a casual SR/TJ fan, but he's only into a few songs like gips, superstar etc
Old 2007.11.30, 04:19 PM   #20
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Yea nobody likes her voice... a sudden glimsp into the workings of the universe must've been require for people to "click" onto her music...
That's exactly what it is. You gotta be at the right point in your musical development to be able to accept shiina.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote