Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.14, 06:35 PM   #331
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I'm sorry but...
Name:  NotLouisVuitton.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  17.7 KB
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 06:39 PM   #332
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
how the hell can this song be a double a-side with Sora?
I think the fact that it's coupled with Sora makes me appreciate it more. It's almost like they're shouting at us LOOK HOW MUSICALLY DIVERSE WE ARE, and I kind of like it.

After watching the whole version, I like it more.I won't listen to it a lot. But there are some good parts in there and a bit more substance than I expected there to be. Instead of sounding like a typical showtune number, it sounds like a whole bunch of typical showtunes melted together. There's nothing really unique but I guess it's done well. ...I guess it's like what Sora is to pop rock.

and if I think of the video as tongue in cheek I like it better. that makes a lot more sense than it being serious. i should've caught that.
Old 2011.02.14, 06:43 PM   #333
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

i want to know what the point of buying the single is when both songs end up on the album, since its a double-A

edit:huh, there is a guitar clearly kachunking away in the background for the entire song. I guess there wasnt a guitar on hand on the set?

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2011.02.14 at 08:08 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 09:30 PM   #334
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Thanks, but I got a mirror version, that was low quality and a bit out of sync.

But that didn't matter because I just enjoyed the hell out of it. (As the forum sighs, "what else is new"?)

Ringo is playing this so tongue-in-cheek and parodistically that I'm not surprised people are taking it as some sort of earnest display of "love me and my cuteness." Kono yo ni kagiri was cute in a sweet way, sincerely sweet. This is cuteness as a form of near-psychosis. Which makes it even cuter, I think.
I got it now! That makes the video actually a lot more enjoyable. I mean, it's not a bad song (it's not as good as Kono Yo no Kagiri, but it's good), but the video was a little off-putting. It makes a lot more sense that she's doing it kinda sarcastically. I like cute Ringo, but not that cute.
sylfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.15, 12:39 AM   #335
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

hahaha jeez, that was so bad, I'm not even offended by it. Is it just me or is this exact same melody on SG somewhere? I've only listened to that album 7 or 8 times so I can't remember.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.15, 03:07 AM   #336
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
i want to know what the point of buying the single is when both songs end up on the album, since its a double-A
mayonaka didnt make it to the album, or shuraba single ver, or koufukuron single ver., .. even gips and tumi to batsu had their different versions in the album

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.15, 03:37 AM   #337
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Ringo is playing this so tongue-in-cheek and parodistically that I'm not surprised people are taking it as some sort of earnest display of "love me and my cuteness."
What makes you say that? What part of the PV gives it away? I mean, obviously, the PV is playful and lighthearted but I don't see anything that hints at parody or other hidden themes.
Old 2011.02.15, 04:18 AM   #338
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Can you imagine this album?

1. Tengoku e Youkosu
2. Dopamint
3. Sora Ga Natteiru
4. Onna no Ko Dare demo

Sounds frightening. Though I think Dopamint is meant to be a Sports-era 'spinoff' due to the sporty lyrics, and I read somewhere here that Izawa dragged it up from 2004. If Tengoku e was redone then it could be a good song, I suppose.

Hmm, I don't really see the video as tongue-in-cheek either. We know that Ringo appreciates this kind of thing (apparent interest in theatre, ballet, etc.) so I think it's genuinely Ringo expressing her love for broadway.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.15, 05:06 AM   #339
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post

edit:huh, there is a guitar clearly kachunking away in the background for the entire song. I guess there wasnt a guitar on hand on the set?
Really? The rip I listened to was so low quality I honestly couldn't tell... That kind of makes me a bit happier.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.15, 06:23 AM   #340
obama917

obama917 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ringo is playing this so tongue-in-cheek and parodistically
Good point. This song is about "Onna no Ko" (girl) in love. I can imagine Ringo, as a mature woman, watching girls - not cynically, but with a smile. That makes me feel happy.

BTW, did anyone point out that at the ending the caption reads "Ima Sugu ni Koko de Kiss shite" as the translation of "Give your kiss to me now"? I really like this intentional self-reference.
obama917 is offline   Reply With Quote