Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.15, 03:54 PM   #381
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Who the hell are Ray, Christophe, Thomas, Meilani, Andy, Duke, Spike and Hikari in Chin Chin Pui Pui?

Did Ringo hire bunch of gaijins to shout "Ringo x 3"?

And EMI is so afraid of getting sued by Apple for Ringo using "iPhone" in the lyrics they actually put "iPhone is trademark of Apple Inc" in the booklet.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.15, 04:25 PM   #382
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
Who the hell are Ray, Christophe, Thomas, Meilani, Andy, Duke, Spike and Hikari in Chin Chin Pui Pui?

Did Ringo hire bunch of gaijins to shout "Ringo x 3"?
Probably some ponces she met at that fashion show in NY.
Old 2014.11.17, 08:38 PM   #383
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I found proof Ringo photo in Sunny is not photoshopped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aramajapan_news_xlarge_sheenaringo_art20140919.jpg (80.4 KB, 128 views)
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.17, 09:19 PM   #384
anonlurker

By posting an image that wasn't the cover? Nobody has said a word about that picture and her torso wasn't exposed on the cover. My issues are with the post-process make-up and weird tone differences/potentially alternate head.

It's of no matter now. It's entertainment value has long vanished.

Old 2014.11.17, 09:40 PM   #385
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Bet her next cover is made in mspaint
Old 2014.11.17, 10:05 PM   #386
anonlurker

Tomo (implants) Itano beat her to it!
Old 2014.11.18, 12:39 PM   #387
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Gotta say those are some very strange opinions. I won't pretend I understand them.
Post of the year runner up!

(No, I'm not just going to post smug one-liners.)
Old 2014.11.19, 05:43 AM   #388
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
What does Sunny offer then?

Certainly nothing new. You can pick and compare each and every song on this to something else thats on another one of those 4 albums.
For the sake of argument, I'd be interested to see what parallels you're hearing when you listen to SUNNY. Even then, for an artist this advanced in her career, isn't that a bit inevitable?

It certainly isn't as novel as SG was when that album came out, but I don't think you can say it offers nothing new - it seems (at least the new songs do) like a natural progression from SG.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.20, 03:50 PM   #389
hedgehog

hedgehog has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've listened to the album a couple times now and I must say I like it. Her original songs on it are all enjoyable and the songs previously released fit well on the album imo. My only complaint is the brass sections on every track. I was so disappointed with Import/Export but am majorly relieved and excited for her future releases.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcU...4hOt5spwJ6XyUg
The colorful band with only one member...
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.20, 06:12 PM   #390
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
For the sake of argument, I'd be interested to see what parallels you're hearing when you listen to SUNNY. Even then, for an artist this advanced in her career, isn't that a bit inevitable?

It certainly isn't as novel as SG was when that album came out, but I don't think you can say it offers nothing new - it seems (at least the new songs do) like a natural progression from SG.
Doku Ichigo to me was the natural progression from SG. And I loved it.

Reimport opened new, exciting doors. No it wasn't a perfect album, but the prospects for album 5 were good. Album 5 coulda been something totally fresh and unlike anything she'd made before.

Sunny closed them doors as soon as they were opened (except for maybe JL005), instead we just got another SG/Doku Ichigo and leftover Jihen tracks.

I know I always talked about not actually minding the prospect of another SG for quite a while- (and it's also why I find the amount of people digging this album surprising too, seeing as most of the new tracks sound almost the same as SG yet SG was quite poorly received by a lot of the same users if you care to go back) but when we finally got one, I just felt totally 'whatever' about it within a couple days.

Ringo had a 5 year gap between main albums. There's no excuse for it to be so half baked and an EP in disguise.