Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.09.20, 04:44 AM   #11
RA168E

RA168E pleased at least somebody

^
In which channel that show will gonna be aired?
RA168E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.21, 05:43 PM   #12
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Anyone seeing the SAPS/Ringo show (its like this Sat)?
MBF went last night!!!!! I'm so happy for him!!!!! I think he's still overwhelmed from the experience but hopefully he will come and share his impressions soon.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.22, 12:24 AM   #13
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

yeah, somehow I managed to get a list-minute ticket at yahoo auctions... there's hardly any problem you can't solve by throwing money at it, I guess...

I don't really know what exactly everyone wants to hear about it.
The venue was this pretty fancy place in Roppongi called Billboard Tokyo. It's pretty small, all seated and looks like a really expensive italian restaurant with a stage, which is kinda nice, because you're really close to the artist and it creates a certain atmosphere that could be best be described as a mix of sophisticated and intimate.

Soil were pretty awesome! I've never been to any of their gigs before, but they definitely conviced me to go again. I own some of their CDs (even stuff, that doesn't feature SR ) and listen to them every once in a while, but you can clearly tell that they're a live band at heart.
They but a lot of effort into motivating the audience to participate, but you could clearly tell, that pretty much everyone just came to see Shiina Ringo.
Halfway through the gig she finally joined them on stage and I was kinda shocked when someone pointed out that she was waiting for her entry less than 3 meters away from me.
First they played 殺し屋危機一髪, then they did a short MC, followed by My Foolish Heart. For some reason Ringo seemed a bit insecure on stage... maybe because it's been her first gig in quite a while and also she was just a "special guest" and try not to steal anyone's show.
She did a really great job anyway and the crowd went crazy after both songs. After that, Soil continued the rest of their show by themselves and left the stage.
Kinda as expected they came back with Ringo and did an ecore - Karisome Otome, which IMO was the highlight of the entire evening.

It's amazing I finally got to see her live on stage after being a fan for so many years! I kinda wished they had done at least one song that's less obvious than the colaborations they released as CDs... like a Ringo/Jihen song or something completely different like a cover song. I guess they didn't really have time to rehearse though, so that's probably why they went down the safest road.

Oh and in case anyone cares, she was wearing a black 70's kinda outfit.
something like this here on the left, but completely black (http://www.nathalies-naehkiste.de/sh...ken/v7882.jpg).
She wore her hair brown, short and slightly curled and she also seemed to have gained a bit of weight.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.22, 01:33 AM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

ooooh!! huh, the pregnancy rumors seem kind of well founded now with the weight gain, as that's seriously (sadly) the most legitimate reason a Japanese woman would have to gain weight right before a bunch of public shows... although I thought the rumor was that she was secretly married with a secret baby already born (the pap photo of her pushing a stroller with "Sonata" in crocs next to her), not pregnant again?
Old 2013.09.22, 05:01 AM   #15
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I could imagine that she just didn't lose all the weight (yet) that she gained during the pregnancy, that's what it looked like.
She didn't show at all.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.22, 05:16 AM   #16
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Has she herself actually admitted yet to second child or is it still just tabloid based info?

She's pretty good at keeping private life away from professional career, moreso than most other musicians in Japan, that's pretty admirable.
Old 2013.09.22, 09:09 AM   #17
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Sounds like a great time, MBF. I'm not sure how much money I would throw at a chance like that. Probably as much or more than you did.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.22, 10:26 AM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
From the nearly 4 hours of non-documentary concert footage I've seen among the very few DVDs which SAPS ever released, it's already been my impression that they are just as much of a live band as Tokyo Jihen Phase 1 ever was, so MBF's testimony doesn't surprise me.

You shouldn't pass up an opportunity to see SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS in-person anyway, even if no vocalists (such as Shiina Ringo) were going to be there. Just ask any of the 3+ EMF members who've done so.
Old 2013.09.22, 11:56 AM   #19
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

What kind of venues do they usually play? Swanky up-scale ones? Is it concert-style (arena seats) or cabaret-style (like a restaurant) seating?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.23, 05:22 AM   #20
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Has she herself actually admitted yet to second child or is it still just tabloid based info?

She's pretty good at keeping private life away from professional career, moreso than most other musicians in Japan, that's pretty admirable.
no, it's all tabloid based, but the pap photo I saw looked pretty convincing - and if she's still weighing a bit more, post-pregnancy weight would be a very plausible explanation. In fact, I can't think of another reason why she would have gained weight (being thin is very important in Japan, especially for women in the public eye, so she would not just do it randomly), so I'm fully on board with this story now.